• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

HotWings

Smash Ace
yeah i know it will be very hard but i really want a surfing pikachu and by gosh im going to get 1 lol.

so far i havent played the game as much as the pokewalker but that will change as soon as i get the surfing pikachu. i now have 5656 steps and i havent been playing with it much so hopefully i will have enough steps and watts to get 1 tonight :)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I beat the E4 with the following:

Lv 42 Electivire
Lv 41 Mamoswine
Lv 40 Pinsir
Lv 43 Entei
Lv 41 Crobat
Lv 45 Feraligatr

Mamoswine was the most usefull by killing all three of Lances Dragonites with Avalance and Ice shard combo :)

Entei's not that great imo...

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have two Surfing Pikachu in my Pokewalker, I'm pretty sure.
Still looking for a 'flapper. (Or in this case, ballooner? o3o )

Riding lawn mowers on a bumpy, huge yard work well. I mowed for around an hour and a half, and gained about 13000 steps.

Incidentally, in Yellow Forest is it like other courses where you only find certain Pokemon each time? I know Flying Pikachu is incredibly rare, but I just wanna make sure I can get it on this run. xD

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i saved up 1k watts and got a surfing pikachu and 2 volt tackles. Then i saved another 300 or so and i got a flying pikachu :)

Oh and i swear this is true... i played so long yesterday that i went to the bathroom to go pee and i could hear the pokemon noises in my head. It was like battle themes from SS and the regular walking music and crap. OMG this went on for over an hour and it sounded like my brother had his DS up loud but his was turned off and he was asleep aready xD.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
My pinsir is actually turning to be pretty ****, it's attack stats with swords dance and stab moves 1HKO's most ingame pokemon in a hit

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dex update yay :D :

Seen: 385
Obtained: 306

Im pretty Mukking happy gecause I THINK Im past the halfway mark :D. My friend loaned me his emerald so I got a ton of new pokemon. Ive also gotten all the starters except for one: Chikorita. Why dont I have it? Because everyone I know says that Chikorita sucks. I only know ONE guy who actually chose Chikorita as a starter and I have to wait till monday for it -_-...

btw Im only missing 10 more pokemon till I complete the Kanto section yay ^^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Thank god Ive found a group of friends who each have a DS. btw off topic a bit, why is there so much hostility towards pokemon seriously? If someone discovers you have the game, you are basically set for the next few years. I cant wait till college when people start liking this game again... I think its that people dont recognize it as a serious game. If they knew about EVs and IVs, people would actually change their minds...

back on topic:

The trainers on my phone are mentally stupid. Hiker Anthony calls me saying that he got beat by a Rattata at my point of the game he has level 40s when nost rattatas are about level 15. He has a Golem in his team that knows explosion and a MACHAMP! How can he NOT beat a rattata? Seriously...

HotWings

Smash Ace
I saved my game in front of the ice cave and plan to beat johto region tommorow and move on to kanto... is ice cave long and hard?

Oh and do i have to do anything special to get inside and battle the 8th gym leader? Isnt there something about dragons den or something like that.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I saved my game in front of the ice cave and plan to beat johto region tommorow and move on to kanto... is ice cave long and hard?

Oh and do i have to do anything special to get inside and battle the 8th gym leader? Isnt there something about dragons den or something like that.
Ice Cave really isn't that hard. The most trouble it really has is dropping 4 rocks down holes and then ending up in the right position to slide amongst them and end up on a platform in the middle.

There's nothing required to get into the 8th gym; what happens is you beat Clair, and she's arrogant and unwilling to admit defeat so she forces you to go into Dragon's Den to further prove yourself.

Yaya

Smash Champion
is ice cave long and hard?.

That's what she said.

But no, it's not really that bad, and yeah, you do need to do a little test before you get the badge after you beat Clair involving the Dragon's Den, you get quizzed, if you answer all the questions with compassion, you get a Dratini with Extremespeed.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oh ok sweet.

Btw i know this is random but what is the easiest way to get shiny pokemon in hg/ss? Soft reseting infront of legendarys, hatching eggs? I dont know of any other method because i dont think pokeradar is in this game.

I want to find a method for shiny hunting but if soft settings is to hard to get a shiny legendary then im not even going to bother and i'll just breed for other people and get shines for them.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh ok sweet.

Btw i know this is random but what is the easiest way to get shiny pokemon in hg/ss? Soft reseting infront of legendarys, hatching eggs? I dont know of any other method because i dont think pokeradar is in this game.

I want to find a method for shiny hunting but if soft settings is to hard to get a shiny legendary then im not even going to bother and i'll just breed for other people and get shines for them.
Anything, is going to be 1/8000ish (Annoying or Terry posted the exact percent, but like I'll remember that) I do know that if you breed with a foriegn ditto, such as an American one on a japanese game, etc, you'll have about a 1/2000ish (not accurate) chance. So breeding with a special ditto = win. Though I'll tell you, from my personal experience, you get shinys when you're not trying, lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You can try the Masuda method which I tried a few days ago. Get a foreign pokemon, breed it with one of yours, you get 75% higher in finding one. I got 320 Kangaskhans and nothing. Make sure you dont have abysmal luck like me before trying this method.

Soft resetting has the same chance as a normal shiny. People work weeks at end at getting one shiny and months if you want one with proper stats. Youve been warned.

You can also rng for one. Its abusing the games mechanics to determine what exactly you have to do to get a shiny. In D/P/Pt you would have to do things with your poketch, put the seed and etc. in the rng calculator and youd get the number of eggs to hatch before you get a shiny. HGSS also has an rng method which invloves something about calling elm, but thats all I know.

I wish the Pokeradar was in this game. I wouldnt care about the stats of my shiny (becaue I dont concentrate on stats on a normal cartridge) Id just want one...

Mewter

Smash Master
Charmander, turn back now before it's too late! :p
Stock up on potions and revives.

I mean, be on equal ground with him. He is Red after all.

Mewter

Smash Master
Lol yeah. That was it basically. :laugh:
Wi-Fi communication ftw!

Let's take it to VMs. :)
And also, Wi-Fi fail.

HotWings

Smash Ace
My fault on that one lol. I told you i had crappy internet and thats why i cant battle atm. Thats 1 reason why i love breeding because thats all i can do xD

UncleSam

Smash Master
I find that mamoswine helped against red.
alot.

I mean I beat his entire team without switching from him.
use pikachu as setup fodder and his whole team since your immune to volt tackle, any ice attack kills venasaur and charizard (with stealth rocks) lapras takes neutral from EQ and pikachu dies from it, snorlax can be a pain and so can blastoise but enough punishment can take them out.
worked wonders for me...

Mewter

Smash Master
Teach Mewtwo Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Aura Sphere. Relearn Recover.
Give Deoxys w/e. Make them defense forme if you want to let them stall while reviving/healing Mewtwo.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Imma gonna get some more stuff nao

and my freind was battling mewtwo, mewtwo uses an attack and im like WTF IZ DIS?!?!?!

Mewtwo has had the same staple moveset since forever

now he has nothing but gen 4 moves and amnesia -__-

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Legendaries really shouldnt be in teams... it just makes it too unbalanced... the only exception to this rule should be Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin. They dont disbalance teams as much as others

btw, Im fully aware that some legendaries are NU and whatever, but Ive noticed these guys serve more as healers more than anything

HotWings

Smash Ace
Actually i kinda want them both to sweep, so ima go with the set you said for mewtwo but as for deoxys... i want him to know recover but what form would be best? Like does defence form still sweep elite 4? Or should i make it attack or normal?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Legendaries really shouldnt be in teams... it just makes it too unbalanced... the only exception to this rule should be Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin. They dont disbalance teams as much as others

btw, Im fully aware that some legendaries are NU and whatever, but Ive noticed these guys serve more as healers more than anything
This is why I only collect legends, instead of being like all others that take part in the competitive battling and SR for Natures/IVs. My teams, when I make them, consist of only those pokes that can be created through breeding.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Entei and Articuno don't really unbalance teams, actually a lot of legends don't. It really depends. Speaking of that, had to level Mewtwo to lv100 for Aura Sphere for my ubers team. Funny how he easily does the elite4 on his own. bwahahahah. I'm quite a breeder too, but SRing isn't too bad either. Got to SR Rayquaza and breed Eevees or ...hm... Forretress...which should I do?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
SM I agree. The only time Ive ever called upon a legendary was Lugia when I was desperate to beat Lance. And yes they do unbalance teams. Ok so Articuno might not disbalance as much, but you must admit that it still has a significant power boost over the others.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Actually Articuno is one of the worst Pokemon in the game, quite possibly the worst "fully-formed" ice type. All thanks to Stealth Rock.

Even pathetic old Glaceon is superior to it. Articuno doesn't unbalance a team to be too good, it HANDICAPS the team, making it worse.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i dont know of many team that have SR in the actually 1-P mode but i know that 95% of teams on wifi and shoddy battle use SR xD.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
>_> I couldve sworn it was better...

Tell me how many teams in the game have stealth rock though
Lol no it isn't.

Also you do not talk about how good Pokemon are in-game with me, considering I don't care.

It doesn't even matter either considering you can't get Articuno in HGSS until you beat Blue. >.>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Actually its any time until you get to the seafoam islands

I did not think that the AI in the battle frontier was somewhat high. I was taking that challenge where you use rentals and my last match was luterally stalling. My hippowdon had slack off and curse and my opponents quagsire had leftovers and yawn >_>

I did end up winning though :)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also you do not talk about how good Pokemon are in-game with me, considering I don't care.
If you don't care about how bad/good Pokémon are in game, then why the hell are you posting in a thread specifically about the games? Generally, a thread about HeartGold/SoulSilver would be discussing HeartGold/SoulSilver, not general metagame...

Top Bottom