• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I can't actually remember if I reset for IVs or just synchronized a good nature. :/ I'll have to check when I get home.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do your watts disappear every time you unlock a new route on it! :mad:
No, but they DO dissapear when you bring your Pokemon back into the DS or bring back prizes. They download into your DS, which unlocks the courses.

HotWings

Smash Ace
How does the pokewalker work? Like cant you just shake it or something for a faster way?

I normally walk for about an hour and a half everyday around my neighborhood so i'll take it with me then but when im at home cant i just shake it xD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When I'm at school I cluip it to my soc and shake my foot while sitting in class. I also get more steps from my socks than my waist.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So, I finally made it to the Elite 4 for the first time today in HeartGold (I'm slow). My team was:

LV41 Surfing Pikachu
LV41 Butterfree
LV43 Pidgeot
LV43 Kangaskhan
LV44 Feraligatr
LV45 Torterra

Our first encounter with the Elite 4 was epic! I decided not to save between rounds to increase the challenge.

Will was a breeze thanks to Pikachu, who was able to OHKO most of his team with Thunderbolt. None of my Pokemon left with a scratch. *yawn*

Koga's trickery gave us a little bit of trouble. After Forretress laid down two layers of Toxic Spikes, I let Butterfree and Pidgeot take over. They were the MVPs of that round.

And then Bruno! Pidgeot was the MVP for sure. Of particular note, she flew away from Hitmonlee, whose Hi Jump Kick missed and took away half its health. Fly promptly finished it off.

And then Karen! She really wasn't too much trouble either. Butterfree managed to take out nearly all of her Pokemon with Psybeam/Bug Buzz.

Finally, we came to Lance (whose battle music sounds so much more epic in-game)! Gyarados was OHKO'd by Pikachu. He started off with the Outrage Dragonite, and Feraligatr went toe-to-toe with it, eventually KOing it. When Feraligatr couldn't take anymore, I let Kangaskhan loose on them. The first two Dragonite were taken out by confusion from Outrage and Dizzy Punch. The last Dragonite's Blizzard stared giving me trouble, though. I was quickly reminded that half my team was weak to Ice moves. I soon found myself with only Torterra left, and I had to sacrifice him to Max Revive Feraligatr.

Feraligatr took out the last Dragonite and Aerodactyl while paralyzed from Thunder Wave. I had to use a Full Restore to get Feraligatr to full health in the middle of the battle with Lance's last Pokemon, Charizard (epic match-up!), taking some Air Slashes in the process. Feraligatr moved to Waterfall Charizard and finish the battle in one hit, but, behold! a Critical Hit Air Slash ended our journey.

:mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm Sring for a good Rayquaza. Yay. Can you believe on Serebii I got a TRU Regigas thing (whatever one is used so I can get platinum regi's finally) for a Gastly Timid 15/0/20/31/19/31 .. lolz

Shiny Geodudes are only common because Geodudes are common, lolz. Also, I have a 25/15(><)/25/10/25/31 Red Jolly Gyarados. Max speed good stats, considering it's DDGyara I toook the low att for the good everything else. I should "breed" a good Gyarados, but I'd rather use ole' Red.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait. You gave up a Timid Gastly with max'd Sp Atk and Spd IV's for a Regigigas?

There's something wrong with you.

Anyways I've finished up Blue, and am going to massively work on my PokeDex, beginning with Johto and the legendaries.

-Terywj

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lol Tery... I'm a breeder. That was a leftover. I have a box of 30 of Gastlys like that, and quite a few Adamant Technician Scythers. This weekend yielded two things for me: A Timid 25/31/30/31/30/31 Gastly, and a Adamant Technician 31-31-31-5-28-29 Scyther.

=P

Since I don't do shoddy but to test teams, and I play wifi (which isn't nearly is competitively as shoddy, but handheld is better for me) I need good IV/Nature pokemon, and I don't like ARing it up.

On that note, Raikou better only be BL so my UU team can use him.. or I'ma be pissed. And Celebi needs to stay OU (not worried there though)

Seriously if he goes to OU cause of one stupid event it'd screw my team =/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I'm busting my balls of for a Masuda Method shiny Kangaskahn. I got a male japanese Larvitar and I just remembered today that Kangaskahn is breedable with it XD. The only female in the Monster Group is Kangaskahn XD.

Isn't getting a shiny through that method supposed to be easier or something?

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey guys im about to go buy HG/SS for me and my brother right now!!!! Im sooooo excited lol.

You will all see me a some at nights but during the day i know im going to be playing this game a lot xD.

I just hope gamestop is open right now and if not i'll go to the PX or wal-mart... either way im getting this game today lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nyeh!

Masudaing the method is so painful. I have almost 4 boxes filled with Kangaskhans and none of them are Mukking shiny :mad:.

On the bright side I've gotten some pretty decent stats on some of these. One actually had maxed out speed, attack, and defense when I hatched it :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Masudaing makes you rage much more if you've tried it and you have abysmal luck like me. I swear I know I've said this all before but my friends have shinies while I'm the only one who doesn't have one :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
At 3x it takes 2-3 weeks to get a shiny on average.
So At 4x, it'll take you maybe 2 1/2 weeks tops to get a shiny.

Don't be impatient, you're still MANY DAYS from getting that shiny.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nyeh!

Masudaing the method is so painful. I have almost 4 boxes filled with Kangaskhans and none of them are Mukking shiny :mad:.

On the bright side I've gotten some pretty decent stats on some of these. One actually had maxed out speed, attack, and defense when I hatched it :D
I feel the need to ask this..why Kanghaskan(sp)? <.< Out of all the pokemon...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I can't wait till we get Joey's Ratatat in a special event as a mystery gift. It will be so amazing. I expect it to be something like:

Ratatat@ Expert Belt
ability: Shadow Tag
Judgment
Sacred Fire
Spore
Aeroblast

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
At 3x it takes 2-3 weeks to get a shiny on average.
So At 4x, it'll take you maybe 2 1/2 weeks tops to get a shiny.

Don't be impatient, you're still MANY DAYS from getting that shiny.
Yeah, you cannot be impatient with shiny hunting/hatching/SRing. Even when it's multiplied, 1/2048 is not a reliable probability.

You're never guaranteed to get a shiny, so if you're not willing to wait quite some time shiny hunting/hatching/SRing might not be for you.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I can't wait till we get Joey's Ratatat in a special event as a mystery gift. It will be so amazing. I expect it to be something like:

Ratatat@ Expert Belt
ability: Shadow Tag
Judgment
Sacred Fire
Spore
Aeroblast
Yeah..my rattata is awesome... Oh you mean the joey from hg/ss, yeah, that would be cool too :)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
going up against elite 4 now...

Vulpix lv 41
Pidgeot lv 41
Kadabra lv 42
Feraligatr lv 44
Lugia lv 45
Umbreon lv 47

HotWings

Smash Ace

Vulpix lv 41
Pidgeot lv 41
Kadabra lv 42
Feraligatr lv 44
Lugia lv 45
Umbreon lv 47

I wish you the best of luck Steel ;)

Btw i couldnt get SS today because it would only let me get out $20 out of the ATM so im just going to have to wait til tommorow to get it because tommorow i will for sure get the money out because tommorow is pay day lol. But i had a pending credit today so i thought it would let me get it out... meh oh well, another day wont kill me xD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Vulpix lv 41
Pidgeot lv 41
Kadabra lv 42
Feraligatr lv 44
Lugia lv 45
Umbreon lv 47
I hope your Feraligatr has Ice Fang, or your Lugia Ice Beam...because all three of Lance's Dragonites hit hard.

You haven't had time to trade an Alakazam?

-Terywj

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i dont even know how to trade lol

yes my feraligatr has ice beam and some ice thing to hold that powers up his ice moves

first three down with relative ease.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Ok all you have to do to trade is setup a wifi connection to your DS which is quite easy but im not going to go in detail on how to do it, just google it or something if you cant figure it out. Then after that you just go downstairs in the PC and connect to wifi. You have to have someone added to your pal-pad (i think thats what it is called) then after you put in there code and stuff and they get your code and stuff then all you have to do is get on wifi and if there online at that time you can see them and just select trade and then proceed from there.

Hopefully this didnt sound confusing because i havent done wifi stuff in awhile. Just look it up online and see what to do if you didnt understand what i said (im sleepy so i prob didnt mak sense lol)

Mewter

Smash Master
Remember the "good old days" when all you had to do to trade was buy some equipment and plug it into your consoles and wait five minutes in order to trade?
Good times.

Good times.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Remember the "good old days" when all you had to do to trade was buy some equipment and plug it into your consoles and wait five minutes in order to trade?
Good times.

Good times.

HAHAHAHA yeah i remember them days. I remember when i was going on a field trip in my school and like everyone had a link cable hooked up with each other and was battling and stuff lol. I couldnt even get to the back of the bus because everyones link cables was everywhere xD.

Good times
Good times

This was when everyone didnt ev train. This was when you got all your pokemon to lv.100 you were ownage lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I still have my old link cables for Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance.

Pretty awesome.

Good times indeed, Mewter. Silly online gaming.

Speaking of silly online gaming, I battled my friend in SS today over Wi-Fi. Apparently Nidoking is fast. Apparently faster than my Ninetales, but not my Feraligatr...? In fact, all of my friend's Pokémon were pretty speedhaxed, I think he accidentally EV trained in speed or something (neither of us EV train teams for going through the story, it's too complicated). He also had accuracyhax. He hit with Hypnosis both times and Focus Blast 4/5 times. I figured maybe he had a Wide Lens or something, but I asked him and he said that he didn't have anything and it was just luck. >_>

Though, to be fair, I did get some confusionhax, preventing his Exeggutor from moving long enough to kill it.

I need to actually win a battle for once considering someone challenged me with their Pearl version which had a level 98 Hippowdon...and we didn't do level 50/100 all so I got completely *****.

So my battle record right now is 0-2. Fun.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I still have my old link cables for Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance.

Pretty awesome.

Good times indeed, Mewter. Silly online gaming.

Speaking of silly online gaming, I battled my friend in SS today over Wi-Fi. Apparently Nidoking is fast. Apparently faster than my Ninetales, but not my Feraligatr...? In fact, all of my friend's Pokémon were pretty speedhaxed, I think he accidentally EV trained in speed or something (neither of us EV train teams for going through the story, it's too complicated). He also had accuracyhax. He hit with Hypnosis both times and Focus Blast 4/5 times. I figured maybe he had a Wide Lens or something, but I asked him and he said that he didn't have anything and it was just luck. >_>

Though, to be fair, I did get some confusionhax, preventing his Exeggutor from moving long enough to kill it.

I need to actually win a battle for once considering someone challenged me with their Pearl version which had a level 98 Hippowdon...and we didn't do level 50/100 all so I got completely *****.

So my battle record right now is 0-2. Fun.

Eh dw about it, you will get better over time. It takes awhile to get at least decent in competitive pokemon.

Oh and people dont ev train for the story mode, they just ev train for wifi battles.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, I've been playing Pokémon for a while. It's just that A) It's hard to beat an EV-trained, well-set-up sandstormer 30+ levels higher than you when your team isn't equipped to handle it at all, and B) There was some pretty bad luck in the latter match and we were pretty evenly matched (although my movesets aren't 100% complete yet, and I think his might be). All he had left was a weakened Gengar and a Noctowl which I would've ***** with my Steelix had it not succumbed to a Focus Blast.

Neither of them were too serious, I just don't like the idea of having 2 losses and 0 wins printed on my trainer card. Though, come to think of it, no one's going to care/see it anyways...

HotWings

Smash Ace
Yeah i used to care about my wifi score also but nobody can see it so dont worry about that. Plus dont tr yto take on an ev trained team with a non ev trained team or you will get 6-0d lol. Btw lvs dont matter on wifi, just set it to lv.100 and you will be fine.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Congratulations! Ho-Oh has been caught!

Ho-Oh's Battle Theme reminds me of something that would be in like, Goemon.

Can't say I'm complaining.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey guys i just got pokemon SS and i was wondering if yal could help me with the pokewalker please?

Alrught the only thing i want to know about it is... how do i see other pokemon? Do i use the pokeradar? Also when i switch my pokemon (pidgey) and put it back in my game then just say next time i put in my totadile then would i still have the same amount of steps or does it only save the steps for the pokemon that you was useing?

Please answer soon... thanks :)

Edit-- Oh and what is with the group a, b and c on serebii? Like what do the groups mean?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The more steps you take, the rarer Pokémon you can find. You can only see three Pokémon per walk. These three Pokémon are decided by picking one Pokémon per group (one from A, one from B, one from C). If you want the Pokémon that aren't picked, you'll have to send your Pokémon back and put it back in.

The number of steps is reset each day, but the Watts are retained until you connect the Pokéwalker to the DS (either to deposit a Pokémon or to claim Pokémon and Items).

HotWings

Smash Ace
Alright well i'll try to get 10k steps today which i dont think will be hard but i do have 1 more question... if i only put 1 pokemon in there is there a way to put it in group c without pokemon being in group a or b? The pikachu i want is 90% chance in group c and only 4% chance in group a so i kinda want to swith it out right now.

Also when im looking for pokemon do they just pop out and then i try to catch them or do i use the pokeradar?

Oh and can you please tell me what the pokeradar does in the pokewalker?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You're trying to get a Flying or Surfing Pikachu, right?
Once you take 10,000 steps, you have a 2-3% chance to get one of them; you can't increase that chance.

In the Pokéradar, move the cursor and click on the grass that has a ! on it. The more "!"s there are, the rarer the Pokémon. I believe three "!!!" means that it's one of the rarest.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Alright thanks soooo much. Btw in group c you get a 93% chance of getting a surfing/volt tackle or flying pikachu so i think im going to put in 3 pokemon this time and use the one in group c so i can get the surfing pikachu easier

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The trouble with getting Surfing/Flying Pikachu is that you'll only get up to a !!! less than 5% of the time after you get 10000 (or 7500, if you have the right type) steps. Get ready to waste a lot of Watts!

Top Bottom