• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah. I found FireRed to be ridiculously easily, since I breezed through the game with Charizard, Dragonite, and others.

I don't think my time to beat the Elite Four is too impressive, though.

-Terywj

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So my electric type Electrobe flatout fails too much to be useful, problem is, my at the E4 and need a new electric type...it will take forver to raise a mareep though, and also takes forever to get 10000 coins on voltorb flip to teahc my jolteon a decent electric move...i might just go catch raikou or somethin.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can, you know, buy Thunder from the Goldenrod Dept Store.

rhan

Smash Hero
I want to take my time a do **** in the game :(
And i was grinding to hell just to level my pokemon(****ing Clair and her dragons)
LOL I get addicted to things easy. I pretty much ran a team of Typh, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Golem, Tentacruel, and Raticate.

Pryce was my only challenge. Took me about 10 trys just to beat him.

Before I got the game I would have thought i would have abused my Red Gyarados throughout the game but I only really used him for Claire's gym and that's about it.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
So.
Mewtwo's level 100.
Not a big accomplishment to most people here, but I still feel proud, since he's the first I've ever EV trained and put up to level 100 in-game. <3
Hah, it was during the Tag battle against Lance and Clair too... o3o -Silver fan finds this ironic-

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Urgh, I wanted to level up my pokes to fight Red so I went back to fight the E4 not knowing they were powered up. I think I might just transfer some pokemon from my other games, but even then my highest is only level 74.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Today I discovered the best place to keep the pokewalker was on your sock.

I'm serious.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I have it clipped to my sock, so it doesn't press any buttons.

I only tried it out because I've probably lost200 watts to pocket button pressing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow really? Does it even fall off the sock? I have to try this. My pokewalker sucks at recording steps when its on my waist and I could do without the pocket pressing.

UberMario

Smash Master
You could always try "exercising" by taking an hour a day to hold it in your hands and bob up and down with your arms, you'd probably get some muscles after a few weeks.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I beat the E4 at 20:81... And the date was March 18th.
huh? I beat it in 12h and I was taking my time.
w/e
@pokewalker-I shake it too. My mudkip leveled up a few times just from doing that.
did anybody get a decent pikachu from the yellow forest event? I haven't gotten anything.

rhan

Smash Hero
Today I discovered the best place to keep the pokewalker was on your sock.

I'm serious.
I actually wear a belt everyday so that's pretty much where I put mine. No accidental button pressing and all my steps are counted accordingly.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty Mukking happy.

I got my friend to loan me his Kyogre to catch Rayquaza :D.

All that's left is Moltres, Entei, and Latios and I'd have gotten all catchable legendaries in this game

UncleSam

Smash Master
I still haven't gone to get the birds for some strange reason, other than those I need Latios and Raikou.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I actually wear a belt everyday so that's pretty much where I put mine. No accidental button pressing and all my steps are counted accordingly.
Sock is better than a belt.

When you're in school just sitting in the classroom you can inconspicuously shake and check your Pokewalker if its on your sock.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Cool...

I NEED to try that on Monday when I get back :D

The good thing is that my socks are long so I won't look like a ****** with that on my sock XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It becomes an invaluable team member though.

Moreso AFTER you beat the E4/Can get whatever stones they're called I can only remember the JP names for the Light/Awakening stones not the english ones lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lol that was funny.

My mother called me right before I went to challenge Red :mad: I was literally 1 step away from talking to him and she just freaking calls :mad:

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Progress so far: Finished Kanto gyms early this week. Beat the Clair and Lance double battle through sheer luck in nothing critting my pokes (can't say the same for my rival). My rival was of use before losing though, he managed to Toxic Kingdra (Clair's last poke), so with proper walling, I survived.

Tried some gym leader rematches and found I NEED to make a new team (was almost swept by Chuck's Toxic Orb Sub-Punching Breloom).

Pokedex:
Seen: 360
Obtained: 278
Working on catching roamers in regular pokeballs without a trapper (Entei and Raikou @ 1HP and sleeping, yet to start after Latias)

I'll start teambuilding around Wednesday when I get the pokedex guide coming out (rather not only rely on serebii with less than reliable internet)

M.K

Level 55
So....
I might have possibly decided that I don't absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these games. I only LOVE them.
='/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Mechanics wise it's best in series. As for other reasons you'd love or like it, it's just based on you. Personally due to the breeding changes... I'm so happy...I got a 31/31/31/6/28/29 Scyther today....

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mechanics wise it's best in series.
Mechanics-wise it's completely broken. It has a ridiculous crit rate, horrible catch rate, and Pokémon survive with 1 HP WAY too often -- all of these in favor of the opponent.

Mechanics are my one topic of complaint about HG/SS.

I also figured out an odd but useful system for keeping track of when I can rematch each of the gym leaders. On the map, where it lets you make markings and add comments, I made two comments for each gym town.

Since, stupidly enough, "Morning", "Day", "Night", and the days of the week don't exist as pre-given words, I had to stick with the closest I could get.

MORNING SUN = Morning
SOLAR POWER = Day
MOONLIGHT = Night

MONEY = Monday
TUT = Tuesday
WEEDLE = Wednesday
THRASH = Thursday
FRIEND = Friday
SATISFIED = Saturday
SUNNY DAY = Sunday

It's incredibly convoluted and I spent more time than I probably should've putting it together, but it's an easy way to have it written in-game for me to check at will.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
rofl@Firus

Where do I get the Magnet Pass? The only way I got back to Kanto was because it was Friday. I didn't even bother playing yesterday. >___>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
rofl@Firus
Yeah...only I would work out some sort of semi-code to keep track of things in a Pokémon game.

Where do I get the Magnet Pass? The only way I got back to Kanto was because it was Friday. I didn't even bother playing yesterday. >___>
If you want to go between Johto and Kanto, you can just fly between the two regions. Fly to Indigo Plateau/Victory Road, and from there you can access either region.

However, in order to get the Magnet Pass, you need to make sure you've done the following:

1. Fix the Power Plant. This requires visiting the Power Plant to find that a part has been stolen, then going to Cerulean, finding and defeating the Rocket Member who stole the part, and going back into the gym and locating the part.

2. Go to Saffron City, to a house that I believe is up by Silph Co., to the left of it, and talk to the girl upstairs who informs you that she lost her Clefairy Doll in Vermillion.

3. Go to the Fan Club in Vermillion (just north of the gym). There will be a guy in there with a Clefairy Doll, which he'll give to you when you talk to him.

4. Go back to the house in Saffron and give the doll to the girl, and you'll get the Magnet Pass.

Mewter

Smash Master
Meno, why don't you just fly to the Elite Four building/Victory Road and fly to Johto from there?

Unless that wasn't your problem. :D

Edit Firus:
KJFHJKSHFLSKJHFLKDHJLKHADKSAF:JKHNFSDF

Top Bottom