• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So, is there any way to RNG legendaries without an emu/rom in HG/SS? Or is it still... 'being figured out' or something? I haven't RNGed before, but I want to do it in my SS version w/ Mewtwo and Ho-Oh.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the new game corner in HGSS. I like the old game corner better.
You're not the only one.
I'm alright with Voltorb Flip now, and it would have made a magnificent addition... but it doesn't hold a candle to slots fun-wise, IMO.
At least you don't have to bet, on the bright side. x3

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I got not one, but TWO Flying Pikachus!
One is mild and has 31 Spe IVs and the other is Lax and has terrible IVs in just about everything in which I will use for trade fodder to get something cool.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ahahaha, Ultimario.

I wasted about 1,000 watts just trying to find a special Pikachu (and I'm still trying.) :)

Yaya

Smash Champion
Got Heart Gold yesterday, made it to Goldenrod City.

Party is Mizu (Croconaw, Level 18), Falco (Pidgeotto, Level 18), PIKACHU (Which is a Level 18 Flaaffy, mindgames, son.), and the Togepi from the egg at the beginning, level 6.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I got not one, but TWO Flying Pikachus!
One is mild and has 31 Spe IVs and the other is Lax and has terrible IVs in just about everything in which I will use for trade fodder to get something cool.
That's pretty awesome dude. How long did it take you?

Edit: That sounded like I was mocking you, which I wasn't. I was genuinely interested in how long it took you since I may try for one.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm not capable of walking 7k steps in a day (I say 7k because I think that would be 75% out of 10k right?). I always get to 6.5k :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I got it within my first 40 watts after the 2nd day I reached the required steps count

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I only did it because Pika is going to be my flyer for the game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Really? I get anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 steps per day.

You must be lazy, roach.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Sooo I just beat the E4 and I already have 33 hours logged into the game.

Am I playing too slow? :confused:
I'm at 61 hours and haven't even gotten to the E4 yet. So if you're slow, then I'm Slakoth's ******** and crippled 4 month old cousin.

But I already know that I'm taking my sweet *** molasses time to get through this game, so I can't honestly answer whether or not you're slow. I just know I'm really slow.

rhan

Smash Hero
I beat the E4 at 20:81... And the date was March 18th.

YOU **** RIGHT YOU'RE MOVING TOO SLOW!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm at 61 hours and haven't even gotten to the E4 yet. So if you're slow, then I'm Slakoth's ******** and crippled 4 month old cousin.

But I already know that I'm taking my sweet *** molasses time to get through this game, so I can't honestly answer whether or not you're slow. I just know I'm really slow.
Lol okay this makes me feel a lot better.

What are you taking your time with? Trying to capture as many Pokes as you can before E4? Breeding for perfect Pokemon? Soft resetting for a shiny Ho-Oh/Lugia? Combination of all of these? lol

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
What are you taking your time with? Trying to capture as many Pokes as you can before E4? Breeding for perfect Pokemon? Soft resetting for a shiny Ho-Oh/Lugia? Combination of all of these? lol
This. Also, soft-resetting wouldn't make a difference.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pfft you shouldn't even bother Soft Resetting legends since you could just RNG it by time setting (since you can't really advance the frame in HGSS too well)

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Pfft you shouldn't even bother Soft Resetting legends since you could just RNG it by time setting (since you can't really advance the frame in HGSS too well)
Hmm? Can you explain this please? I have seen people mention RNG'ing but they never explained the process.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can't reliably send the frame forward in HGSS, so you have to get your ID and Secret ID then use the time finder to get at what time do EV spreads/Shinyness appear, and set your clock accordingly.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm not capable of walking 7k steps in a day (I say 7k because I think that would be 75% out of 10k right?). I always get to 6.5k :mad:
If you walk a full hour a day where you're walking at about two paces a second you'd end up with at least 7000 paces, and that's for walking an hour for the ENTIRE day, not in one sitting.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wtf? Then my pokewalker is busted because in PE I walk like hell. I should have around 10k because of that, but oh no, it won't record steps so well.

I'm also happy, I've clocked 154 hours and 54 minutes on this thing <3

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lol okay this makes me feel a lot better.

I'm not even entirely sure. I do have an obtained Pokemon number of 88, but that doesn't really take long to get and I honestly just did it along the way. I remember spending a lot of time to train and spent a lot of time playing Voltorb Flip, but I don't think I spent THAT much time doing either. And I haven't done any breeding at all.

I SR'd for a shiny/'perfect' Ho-Oh for a while, but got bored and just decided to catch it with a Pokeball. The Ho-Oh still ended up being decent, so I was happy enough.

But for the record, SR'ing doesn't increase in-game time played. I'm assuming you knew that but listed what you stated anyway, but just in case I thought I'd say it.

EDIT: Also for the record, I could give a **** less about RNG.

UberMario

Smash Master
Wtf? Then my pokewalker is busted because in PE I walk like hell. I should have around 10k because of that, but oh no, it won't record steps so well.

How many paces in a day does it register? BTW, you have to place it around the belt, if it's on a bag it won't clock properly.

And I'm still not at Azalea Town yet. lol If that ain't slow I don't know what is.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't even have the first Gym badge.

Then again I HAVE been spending this whole time just getting a Shiny starter and then getting rare Pokewalker Pokemon, but whatevs.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Here, I'll beat that. I know you haven't deleted your file yet, but still. I feel like talking.

My Diamond had almost 700 hours before I restarted it here about a year ago. That probably doesn't sound like much at all, but the fact that I acquired about 500 of those hours with a DS that only had a single operating screen, as well as the fact that I only owned the game for about 6 months before not having a workable DS at all and didn't get another DS until about a month or two before I deleted the file, I'd say it's quite impressive. :)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
FFFFFFFF
The most I've ever played is my 600 hour Silver.
My Diamond would have actually had a lot more hours on it if my DS hadn't completely broke. After all that playtime with only the top screen I had basically become a master at navigating the bottom screen blind. The long period of time where I had no DS, however, had made me lose the spark I originally had for playing the game. Platinum also ruined that spark. Not because I loved playing Platinum so much, but because I dreaded playing Platinum to the point where I didn't even want to freaking hear the word Pokemon being said to me.

Although ironically enough, the DS broke because I tried fixing it. I was going to attempt to take my friend's bottom portion and attach my top portion to it. The attempt was a complete failure though, and the DS was (more than) a little too ****ed up to play afterward.

Part of me actually thinks the reason why I played the game so much when I did was because of the lack of a bottom screen. I'm horribly attracted to damaged things of any kind, and this was a damaged thing that had essentially become a part of me. I shouldn't have tried to fix it. :c Fixing something only worsens the problem in my case. Always.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My Diamond had almost 700 hours before I restarted it here about a year ago. That probably doesn't sound like much at all, but the fact that I acquired about 500 of those hours with a DS that only had a single operating screen, as well as the fact that I only owned the game for about 6 months before not having a workable DS at all and didn't get another DS until about a month or two before I deleted the file, I'd say it's quite impressive. :)
That's beyond impressive. You're able to get over 500 hours of entertainment out of a single game. To put it in perspective, a lot of console games only last around 10-20 hours.

Lets exaggerate and pretend that you average about 20 hours of play time on every console game you play, and every game you buy averages around $40.

-500 hours/20 hours= 25 games
-25 games x $40= $1,000

I THINK Diamond was $35 at release? So you've pretty much saved over $1,000 in this scenario. That's incredible.

The re-playability value of the Pokemon hand held games is definitely the shining point of the series in my eyes.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
D/P were def the quickest games though I beat Pearl in like 16 hours or something like that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I beat FireRed in under 12 hours.

I defeated the Elite Four in Diamond after 20 hours, while I played a total of like 333+ hours trying to fill my PokeDex. This will probably repeat over into HeartGold.

I've spent 40 hours on it already.

-Terywj

Wrath`

Smash Master
Was that the FIRST time you ever beat it?

Same question for Tery + FR
Yes it was, the only difference between it and Sapphire (Witch took 61 hours due to training) is team magma's base really, and when you have a lv 65 Swampert with 5 sacrificial Pokemon and more revives/max potions you can shake a Farfetch'd stick at, it becomes possible.

Top Bottom