• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol.

Considering that they are parallel Zapdos from different times, wouldn't a paradox happen where the whole world gets destroyed or something?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Grrrr... I'm busting my *** for a dusk stone for misdreavus. I'm doing a Pokethlon dome challenge but its slow considering I only ever get like 500 points in one sitting :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Do you guys know if pokealker !'s are based on reaction time? I know it's !/!/!!/!!!, but is how fast you click it = whether you find pokemon or not, or is it 100% luck?

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

I don't get this. According to this weird chart Tier C (!) has a 99% Chance of flying pikachu if you have over 10k steps, but I call BS on that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nobody knows how to read those charts.

They mean something but nobody understands what they mean.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I spent a solid hour trying to catch Zapdos to no avail using Quick Balls, Ultra Balls, and all sorts of other random crap balls in a desperate attempt and with many different resets.

I finally caught it with a Great Ball. What the hell.

The annoying part is that I missed the opportunity to get Surge's phone number because he apparently only appears once you get Zapdos, and I wasn't able to capture it until after 12 PM (when he stops being out of the gym).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^^ Are you being sarcastic or are you serious? XD Cause they give me a headache...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm being serious.

Nobody understands those charts.
NOBODY.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
well, I've got every pikachu except the flying one now. So I got a voltackle/Fake out one that's jolly, mischevious... 20+ in all Ivs except speed which is 0. Gotta say for a random pokemon it's decent.

The Pokewalker chart. http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

Man my misc pokemon box is so clustered. Dittos, breeders, to-be-breed, pikachu/pichus... ugh -_-

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just noticed something awesomely cool about the pokedex

If you get a foreign version of a pokemon, it's possible to get a dex entry in that country's language. I got a foreign Larvitar today at the GTS (lol Masuda Method) and when looking at my dex, I saw that Larvitar's entry also had a japanese option :D

Awesome-o. Dunno if anybody has noticed this already though...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well at least I have a new, yet impossible, goal. Once I'm done with my english dex, I am going to storm into the GTS and TRY to get every dex entry in Japanese... that's going to be extremely hard because those guys have seriously disbalanced trades. WTF? I will not give you a lvl 100 Celebi for a Mukking Bidoof :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ what's confusing is how it says Group A(!!!) has a 2% chance of surfing pikachu on 10k + steps, where it's really 50/50 surfing/flying. Figures I get all 3 pikachus but not the flying one. The surf, Volt, and flail pikachu's are mere mementos to me. But the one I want to use, no, I can't have. Grr.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
When you start a course on the Pokewalker, the game randomly chooses one pokemon from each group. The percentages refer to how likely you are to find the specific poke IF it is chosen. For the HM pikas in the Yellow Forest, the game chooses either the flying OR surfing pika. If it chose the Flying one, there is a 2% chance of finding it after you have walked 10000 steps.

Does this help at all?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
But see, with that mindset, group C(!) Group, would have a 90% chance of getting an hm pika.. making it very easy to get the hm ones..which I think is very wrong...

And according to that chart, 0+ steps = 100% on Group C...what?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I did the Arceus event... it's not as good as I thought it'd be considering people were hyping here about that a while ago. I chose Palkia though. Pink + Dinosaur = Win

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey, it was a pretty good CS for a DS game. Also, I had to pick Giratina. It's the only way to get his orb so he looks decent.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, whatever.

I really, really, really hate Giratina and if I want a Griseous orb Giratina, I could just get my friend to loan me his and that is that. I prefer Palkia a billion time better than Dialga, Giratina, and Arce- I mean God.

Although you have to admit that God's stats on the Pokethlon are pretty beast.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Eh, whatever.

I really, really, really hate Giratina and if I want a Griseous orb Giratina, I could just get my friend to loan me his and that is that. I prefer Palkia a billion time better than Dialga, Giratina, and Arce- I mean God.

One - HES NOT GOD DAMMIT!
Two- His pokeathlon stats are good, almost as good as Sunkern's

Sunkern for Pokegod?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I personally think Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are all pretty lacking in design, so really the only deciding factor for me was the Griseous Orb.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It always seemed more dragon than dinosaur to me...which makes sense, given the dragon type.

Also, Spire realized this a while ago and pointed it out.

Dialga = Diamond = Steel, because diamond is the hardest substance, and steel is a hard type.

Palkia = Pearl = Water, because pearls are found in clams, which live in the water.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
It always seemed more dragon than dinosaur to me...which makes sense, given the dragon type.

Also, Spire realized this a while ago and pointed it out.

Dialga = Diamond = Steel, because diamond is the hardest substance, and steel is a hard type.

Palkia = Pearl = Water, because pearls are found in clams, which live in the water.
*knew this a while ago*

Giratinas a friggin antimatter snake with tentacles

it would be my choice even if you could trade the griseous orb.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
But see, with that mindset, group C(!) Group, would have a 90% chance of getting an hm pika.. making it very easy to get the hm ones..which I think is very wrong...

And according to that chart, 0+ steps = 100% on Group C...what?
I can understand how that would be confusing, but they just mean that you will only find group C pokes until you reach the required number of steps for the group B and A pokes to appear (which is the reason they include the other precentages right underneath)

Eh, whatever.

You'd only be able to use Giratina-O if you borrowed your friend's game since the Griseous Orb cannot be traded (it just returns to the bag when you try).

Samochan

Smash Master
I did the Arceus event... it's not as good as I thought it'd be considering people were hyping here about that a while ago. I chose Palkia though. Pink + Dinosaur = Win
Well if you want griseus orb giratina, you can actually do the event twice. D:

Once with the event arceus and once with arceus you get from sinnoh Hall of Origin.

Kewl eh?

The event arceus has been up to grasp in japan only tho and most likely very tough to find. :/

http://serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Well if you want griseus orb giratina, you can actually do the event twice. D:

Once with the event arceus and once with arceus you get from sinnoh Hall of Origin.

Kewl eh?

The event arceus has been up to grasp in japan only tho and most likely very tough to find. :/

http://serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml
Many of us already knew this, but didn't mention this because the Azure Flute which will grant one access to the Hall of Origin was never made available in the US.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
;-; So I go to my friend's house before scouts, and she has good Wifi which never goes out evar, figuring I'll get Yellow Forest.
Her Wifi "hadn't been working for awhile."
Thanks for telling me.
After it didn't work.
I sure hope we go to the library soon... ._.

Imma grinding the E4 right nowl Mewtwo's taking a big benefit from it. I brought my Arceus too, which is level 100, and game Mewtwo an Exp. Share, so I can just use Arceus against Karen and whatnot while netting him full exp. ^^

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I miss the old Pokemon versions... Traveling back to the original animaters. Back then I used to look at all the starter Pokemon and actually struggle to make a decision... Whereas now I see one and have my options chosen by default using immediate elimination.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
My HeartGold team so far is a joke. In my mind I should enjoy playing this remake instead of worrying about crazy-strong teams. I mean, I got Gold version when I was 9, I might as well have the same fun I had then (other than spamming my team of Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oH, Espeon and Umbreon)

So far I have a Typhlosion who is amazing and can't do wrong, a Furret who is pretty good and can hold it's own, a Jumpluff which i'm more likely than not going to replace soon and a Stantler who has better special than anything so it bothers me at how it can't learn any special moves. I also have a Mamoswine and a Murkrow, which i'm not evolving because i'm not rather fond of Honchkrow.

I didn't do the Arceus event yet but i'm choosing Palkia since i'm a sucker for the things. Hoping for one day to make an entire team of Palkia, just because it would be amazing. And yes, I heard of the Hall of Origin Arceus, and if I ever get one my second choice is totally Giratina. I'm not a big fan of Dialga honestly.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Just focus on beating the game, and build a realistic competitive team later on. Is my advice anyway. I'm admin on Gamebattles for Pokemon, too. ;) haha

Top Bottom