• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Considering you can delete/relearn moves, I don't see why not. I wish Articuno was better =[

Now I'm fighting the elite four, getting my team to 100... Those teams I made in the RMT.. the seven deadly sin ones, they got moved to be the 9 layers of hell, but anyways, im only done with 5 (Blueprint wise) and I guess I need to breed those 5 teams before I create the other 4 on Microsoft word document.. lolnerd

Also what do the ! !! !!! mean in pokewalker, is it A/b/c , serebii says ! = C !! = B !!! = A..by that logic, ! > all..but I keep getting crap
!= means common (I mean it isn't even worth your time to capture one)
!!= means uncommon (I'd say meh)
!!!= rare. This means that the pokemon is a common one with a different moveset in the case with the rat vermin or it really is a rare pokemon

The pickle with this is that you have to walk a certain amount of steps before certain ones appear. For example, the flying rat vermin won't appear if you don't walk 10000 steps so... yeah...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
C class is crap, B class is OK, and A class is rare.

adur.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Got soulsilver and a DS lite yesterday. I forgot how much I missed Silver, so glad I bought it and im addicted to it obviously like i was 11 years ago :)

Heres my stats so far

Got the 8 badges, have foughten the elite 4 but have no beaten them yet.

Espeon LEVEL 45 im grinding this guy right now in victory road
Raikou LEVEL 41
Typhlosion LEVEL 49
Lugia LEVEL 51
RED Gyarados LEVEL 43

supermarth64

Smash Ace
... You seriously waited until level 50? You have to be strong like me and beat it with a bunch of 35s.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
... You seriously waited until level 50? You have to be strong like me and beat it with a bunch of 35s.
I tried that, but back then i only had typloshion at 37 and the gyarados at 38, just two pokemon :(

lots of hyper potions were used, no success

btw is anyone interested in a Raikou level 41? im willing to trade

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^^ I got my Ttar to 100...Now Charizard is 85...getting my first batch of 6 Ev/Bred pokemon to 100! Also trying to get the gym leaders numbers.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't understand this whole Pokewalker thing.

At all.

Especially the Yellow Forest.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sum it up in 2 sentences. (fragments)
Get pikachus, get items.

Everything else is worthless...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's just a Torchic

It's good if you didn't pick Torchic as your Hoenn starter or if you haven't beat the game by then you could get a Torchic MUCH earlier...

There's also a course full of baby pokemon...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I guess the reason why it means nothing to me is because I used help from rl friends, a lot of effort (my platinum file has 800 hours) to fill the pokedex..so I can get the pokedex done on SS really easily. I worked my butt off to get it done too..and considering how weird the Safari Zone is on this game..probably using my plt. file to help me. I wanted the ultimate card on platinum..but I won't lie, I failed at battle tower. Uxie/Lucario/Garchomp I made it to 88 and lost to fissue/guillotine/sheer colder... I spent so many hours trying again and again.

I'm determined to get the ultimate game file on SS though! I want to try latias/Tyranitar/Scizor (or Latios)... anyways... yeah.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Like I don't see how I can get !! and !!! they just don't show up seriously.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Fist time it's !, second is !, third is !!, fourth is !!!
First ! = crap Second = possibly B, !! = B/A !!! = A

B/a = the good tiers or whatever it's called

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You have to walk a certain amount of steps

I'm going to use Yellow forest as an example

Flying Pikachu is a rare pokemon so to get the !!! to appear, you would have to walk 10k steps so it starts to appear. It's like the safari zone a bit, certain pokemon start to appear after a certain amount of days...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I see!

Now just to wait until I can get to !! and hopefully !!!

Also I have a ground type in there so I only need to walk 7500

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If the type of the pokemon you have in there is effective against the pokemon that live there, the amount of steps needed to get a rare pokemon decreases

Think of it like Flare Body. You would need to walk less to hatch the egg...

M.K

Level 55
Uhmgg.....

See, I love SoulSilver. I really, really do. However, Kanto is just so....blahhh. I'm not saying it's not fun or anything, but the story.....or, the lack of story, is really bothersome. I mean, yeah, I know I'm supposed to go around and collect the 8 Kanto badges, but for what? It's so tedious and cumbersome, especially because it feels like the Kanto cities have no soul or passion. It seems like there isn't enough to do in each city, and the only person who acknowledges this fact is the girl in front of the Pal Park in Fuschia ("The Safari Zone used to be the main attraction of the city. It's sad to see it go").
My desire to play these days is just....alot lower. Plus, I'm NOT looking forward to trying to train Pokemon in this game. The lack of ways to get money, the lack of training spots that AREN'T crappy low-leveled Pokemon, and the limited access to great TMs like Ice Beam/TBolt/Flamethrower.....
...ugh.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And don't forget the difficulty of getting trainers to battle you. It's important to not forget that.

I swear back in R/S, there were about 10 trainers that wanted to battle me at a time all the time :mad: Now you get to battle 3 trainers per day at certain times of the day :mad:

At least make a place where it's easier to obtain some experience :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've found the combination of E4+Red good for Xp, but meh. Kanto is supposed to be meh, Red took everything good away with his pikachu... >.>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
E4 rematch lance is insane. Garchomp Salamence Dragonite Alataria Charizard Gyarados...seriously? think your strong enough there, lance? Only one meh pokemon really on his team. So meh.

M.K

Level 55
I've no interest to travel to the Seafoam Islands and defeat Blaine. Especially when my Pokemon have ceased learning moves (too high level) and I'm bored of my team.
Jesus, I'm sad. >_<

M.K

Level 55
By the way, everyone on Serebii Forums seems to be finding Shiny Tentacools in the water. That's probably the most common random encounter Pokemon. 'Cept one guy, who found a Shiny Mantine &gt;_&lt;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I beat all 8 Kanto gyms. Blue was really annoying the first time, especially since I did NOT realize No Guard allows you to use Thunderpunch on a Pidgeot while it's still flying. Then I did it again with Silverpowder attached to Ampharos and Signal Beam actually OHKO'd Exeggutor this time...and it appears that Exeggutor is the ONLY Pokémon on his team that has Trick Room, which is what screwed me up the first time.

I beat my rival at Mt. Moon and headed off to do the double battle, not realizing that Lance's Pokémon would be 10-15 levels higher than EVERYONE'S Pokémon. I got him down to Charizard and lost to crithax and lack of speed. Lost a streak of 17 in the Battle Hall to crithax, too...they did something sorely wrong with some of the mechanics, and I don't know what it is, but luck in pretty much all aspects is REALLY GOOD for the opposing side and REALLY BAD for me.

Funny Battle Tower happenings, though.

Battle starts out, my Ninetales vs. Castform. I use Flamethrower, but the Castform outspeeds me and uses Sunny Day, so I was happy about a powered-up Flamethrower, until I realized that would mean Castform would become Fire-type. I got its HP down less than half, then it used Weather Ball against me, activating Flash Fire. I killed it off, then they sent out a Munchlax. Now, even taking into account Thick Fat, which I'm guessing it MUST have had, this thing must've had a really high Special Defense because even with Choice Specs, STAB, Flash Fire, and Sunny Day, it took out what was, at most, 1/3 of its HP. Then the Munchlax used Metronome, which made it use HYDRO CANNON, of all moves. Fortunately, as good as its Special Defense was, its Special Attack SUCKED, not to mention the fact that Sunny Day was in effect, because with such a powerful attack being super-effective, it took away not even a fourth of my HP.

I ended up winning in the end, but it was pretty funny.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I agree with you Meta-Kirby. I heard so much good about the gen 2, but I find the lack of incentive to complete Kanto disheartening. I've been in Kanto for at least a week and have only gotten 4 badges so far. I'd rather work on my dex from scratch rather than go through the gyms.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I actually felt very meh about pokemon a few years back until I got into the competitive side of things. If you're getting bored with the game I'd suggest looking into it.

Top Bottom