• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I used to do that, Firus, but for keeping track of which Apricorn Trees were where(Grass for Green, Dark for Black, etc.). I stopped once I found out there's a crapload of different kinds of tree/fruit.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, I forgot to mention, I got a Surfing Pikachu.

I wasted like, 250-300 Watts getting it, too. I kept getting battles on the first !. I caught the first !!! I got, though, and it was a Surfing Pikachu.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wasn't aware of the Elite Four connection. I tried that once I think and it didn't work, prolly just me then. >___>

Anyways, I just reached Palette Town. My team consists of a single Dunsparce. Since I'm only training him, he's overleveled and kills everything. :D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah...only I would work out some sort of semi-code to keep track of things in a Pokémon game.
You're not the only one. I restarted my game and finally figured out how you work the town map features (don't ask how I didn't know before, but I didn't), and I was going to do a lot of the marking kind of stuff you did. I haven't actually worked a system out yet, but I'm going to have to thanks to them not only not having what you mentioned, but also not having things like colors to represent apricorns. I'm going to have to use metaphors or something for that. Like grass for green and stuff.

This time, Ariados is gonna be my BOSS. <3

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I haven't played HG in a while. <_> Too busy with school things and Nuzlocke. But all that's really left is to collect the rest of the Pokemon, and on a rom, that isn't really possible.

Also, IsmaR, your avatar is the best thing ever.

REVENGE.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Appearantly the thing with the sock and the Pokewalker works, I've been trying and I've gotten a lot of watts without walking. Now if I could find that **** rat who knows surf

:mad:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Psh yeah right. Over my dead body. :mad:

I've noticed that the music in the GB Player doesn't sound as old as the old ones. When I play it I always hope that it has that GB feel where it sounds like crap now but it sounded revolutionary back then. That really brought me down. I guess the DS is SO good at producing sounds that it just isn't capable like sounding like crap XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They had to recreate GB sounds into MIDI instruments.
Not only that but they edited some of the GB Player music to sound more like the HGSS music.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I didn't like that. When I got the GB sounds, I was hoping that they would recreate it note by note, but no, they remixed it :mad:

And I would know because I just compared the original New Bark Town song to the one in HGSS

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I didn't like that. When I got the GB sounds, I was hoping that they would recreate it note by note, but no, they remixed it :mad:

And I would know because I just compared the original New Bark Town song to the one in HGSS
I got pretty pissed off

I WANTED THE EPIC DARK CAVE MOOZIKK

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
just beat clair

38 vulpix
38 pidgeot
39 kadabra
40 feraligator
42 umbreon
13 pinsir HMs n **** rawrrr

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i beat her on my first try with that team, i had to use a couple hyper potions on my umbreon though vs her kingdra

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Koga rechallenge is practically impossible if you can't knock him out quickly.

I can't recall what happened anymore, but I didn't knock out his Muk immediately.

Bad mistake.

His Muk's moveset is Minimize, Toxic, Swagger, Screech. He poisons you, spams Screech, uses Swagger, then proceeds to Minimize until you're not confused anymore, at which point he confuses you again with Swagger and returns to Minimizing. With your defense at minimum and your attack at maximum, you will all but OHKO yourself with confusion damage. Even when you CAN break through confusion, 90% of the time you'll miss.

I finally beat his Muk and then his weakened Venomoth (he had Baton Passed it out to Muk earlier) took me out. I had many more revives and potions to use but I didn't feel like wasting them if I clearly wasn't ready for the E4 rechallenge, and I'm clearly not.

So. Training against the E4 is clearly a bad idea at this point. I'll have to settle for the uncooperative Gym Leaders. (Apparently, Brock thinks that evening starts at 8 o' clock.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The gymleader rematches, is that just the johto ones or can you rematch in kanto too?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You can rematch any of the gym leaders, Johto or Kanto.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Finally caught both Entei and Raikou without a trapper. It took me about 40 pokeballs (plain old red and white ones, not the one's that are supposed to make it easier or have some extra effect), but I succeeded. Now to get Latias....

@Firus: For the gym leader rematches that are available at night, they're actually available twice: once starting at midnight on the specific day (until about 4-5AM) and then again at 8PM (until midnight) so you can actually train against them more if you can be available for both time periods.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well what's your team? I breezed through Red after getting a Machamp. I only needed

• Feraligatr
  • Arcanine
  • Ampharos
  • Machamp

Seriously Machamp is crucial.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Well what's your team? I breezed through Red after getting a Machamp. I only needed

• Feraligatr
  • Arcanine
  • Ampharos
  • Machamp

Seriously Machamp is crucial.
mine is typhlosion,ursurang,lugia,gyrados,shinystantler,ampharos

lol 1 is in the 50s, one in the 60s , one in the 40s and two in the 30s :(

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My team to beat Red was:
-Sneasel(died first, but took Red's Pika with him from Volt Tackle recoil)
-Scizor(personal MVP IMO. 3HKO'd Red's Lapras, surviving that fight with 1 HP...tecnically. lolhail)
-Nidoking(took out Venusaur with Avalanche and Megahorn)
-Typhlosion(beat Red's Charizard with HP Rock)
-Dragonite(who did pretty much nothing other than put a dent in Red's Snorlax, who was finished off by 'wrath)
-Shiny Poliwrath(finished off Red in a 1 on 1 with his Blastoise. DynamicPunch > Focus Blast)

All were at Lv. 70 I believe. Never had to grind once. <3 Lucky Egg.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You coward, taking on Red with level 70s.

Any Pokemon level 55 or higher is inexcusable for the red fight, he is so pathetically easy D:<

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was training to get one of my teams ready and forgot about red, but yeah he does fail. They should've followed the manga's team. Where's Poli and Gyara?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I remember taking on red in Gold with just a lv 100 Typlosion that knew Ember/Flame Wheel/Flamethrower/Rock Smash. I'd say that the best set evarz, i really didn't know what I was doing back then.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They used -> evolvled Ash's Anime team more than anything else.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Despite the hate everyone seems to have towards him, I love my Shiny Golem

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I hate him.

It reminds me of a Shiny Graveler I found that decided to commit suicide.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
At least you didn't kill a shiny Geodude Eving. You have a legit excuse, I'm just stupid.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I settled for a good/decent nature rather than good IVs. Too much of a hassle that early on for IVs, and I didn't feel like KOing it/catching it later. Plus I already have a max attack shiny Gyara in Plat.
On a side note, a shiny Poliwag was also my first shiny in Gold(even before the Gyarados/before I knew what a shiny was). Having one in HG makes me happyface. (:

Lastly, ffffffffffffffffffffffff @ shiny Geodudes and Gravelers. I had the latter blow up on me in Crystal once. .-.

Top Bottom