• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yes they do. I caught articuno to help deal with brock. I know for a fact that you need all the kanto badges to face blue, and Brocks was the only one I lacked to face him.

I win

Samochan

Smash Master
Just beat claire with lv 37-39 gengar and choice scarf lv 39 lucario, with one other poke as glass cannon. Hypnosis + shadow ball combo absolutely mauled her first 2 pokes till 2nd dragonair got a lucky shot in. Lucario swept that one, took some hydro pump from kingdra, switched to feraligatr and took down that sitrus berry, healed lucario and fainted, then lucario back to aura sphere kingdra twice for the win.

I admit tho, chuck was way harder, but that might be because of the lack of good pokes on my friend's soulsiver. =D

Lucario is so very cute when he follows you around. <3 They make very funny/adorable comments sometimes. But what am I supposed to do right when my poke drools with vacant expression over food if I scold it for stealing some happily with a musical note and when I don't scold, it takes too big of a piece of food and almost chokes on it. <_<

I laughed out loud tho when Feraligatr showed off it's agility to me lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes they do. I caught articuno to help deal with brock. I know for a fact that you need all the kanto badges to face blue, and Brocks was the only one I lacked to face him.

I win
I guess thats only Zapdos that does it then.

:V

I'm questioning why you're using something 4X weak to Rock against Brock, though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I needed an ice pokemon on my team and I was too lazy to train one from scratch to my desired level so I just got it and destroyed Brock with it.

I just hit my 200th hour on this game. If that isnt obsession, I dont know what is

HotWings

Smash Ace
Wait... 200 hours and your just now and brock???

Oh and 200 hours is a lot but i used to have over 700+ on my pearl xD.

Mewter

Smash Master
I clocked over 700 hours on my Diamond version.
Most of it was over the summer of '07 though, right after the game came out and I really wasn't doing anything. :ohwell:

*Highfive Lv100* :bee:

Samochan

Smash Master
Booya! Lugia get!

Timid

HP: 22-23
Att: 9-13
Def: 27-28
Sp.att: 25-26
Sp.def: 24-25
Speed: 30

Shame speed wasn't 31 and hp could've been bit better. :/

Hah, gengar totally swept the league. Only trouble was that last dragonite with outrage and full restore spam, but it eventually fell to toxic and confusion lol. :p Choice scarf, specs and focus sash were in use, very useful. ^^

But apparently focus sash goes away once I use it like berries... and it saved automatically when I beat lance, pff. >_>; Oh well...

Final team was gengar 45lv, typhlosion 44lv, pidgeot 39lv, meganium 42lv, feralifatr 44lv and lucario 42lv.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I clocked over 700 hours on my Diamond version.
Most of it was over the summer of '07 though, right after the game came out and I really wasn't doing anything. :ohwell:

*Highfive Lv100* :bee:
I maxed out my Diamond clock. *flex*

It was due to alot of breeding and trading.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
My question that I asked a while back in this thread got buried and searching is disabled right now, so I'll ask again.

Where can teach one of my pokemon Ice Punch? (It's not a TM anymore from what I understood) Thanks.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
My question that I asked a while back in this thread got buried and searching is disabled right now, so I'll ask again.

Where can teach one of my pokemon Ice Punch? (It's not a TM anymore from what I understood) Thanks.
Ice Punch is a Move Tutor move at the Battle Frontier. I think it costs 64BP, but don't quote me.

I can't ev train my level 100s, can I :(
No, sorry. :( You can still give them Vitamins that will increase their stats in Wi-fi battles a little if they're not already maxed out on EVs, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@Tri - Right in front of the Battle Frontier(house in front of the Center you fly to). There are 3 move tutors who charge Battle Points for each move they teach, I believe Ice Punch is around 64 BP.

@Glyph - The best you could do is feed them friendship boosting berries and give them drugs, I think. :\

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought you could EV train them. I remember reading somewere that ifcyou get your EVs and since you cant level up anymore, your gonna have ti deposit your pokemon in your pc and take it out again for changes ti be made

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not sure what would happen with your level 100's if you removed all the EV's with the respective berries and then EV trained, but yeah that's what would be my best suggestion?

-Terywj

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EVs don't actually go into your stats until you level up. So if you're already level 100, you can add EVs but it won't do anything to your stats.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Yeah you can only get credit for your ev training once you level up. Only thing you can do now is give it drugs.

I would just suggest breeding whatever you want and ev training it from scratch because thats really all you can do now.

Sorry :(

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Ignor'd, as usual. <_<

Well, on the bright side, though I never found a flying Pika, I did get a Modest Surfchu. ;D Haven't checked its IVs yet (**** DS and Wii still won't connect to our router these days), but it's a start. ^^

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Decided to go at the Elite 4 again before I start training to beat Red, and I figured out I can sweep most of the E4 with my Murkrow. I love it when I get an NFE that's actually decent, it makes me smile :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait. No Honchkrow?

I'm still trying to catch a good natured Lugia at the moment. I got Rash, Bashful, and Rash.

I think it's trying to taunt me.

-Terywj

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
For some reason when I started HeartGold I was thinking to myself "I want one NFE on my team because it would be interesting." And going through the game I finally caught this Murkrow in the Safari Zone and just decided not to evolve it. I personally always wanted a Murkrow, and seeing as I already have a 4th gen (Mamoswine) I decided to just leave it as it is.

Good luck with that Lugia. I should go get the Silver Wing myself, I honestly forgot all about it until now. Although in my original Gold version I never was able to make it through the Whirl Islands, so this is going to be interesting.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Aww, too bad about the level 100 thing. I found someone online who claimed to have found a way but it didn't work.

Off to breeding then!

HotWings

Smash Ace
I got a calm nature lugia on my first try... i'll go check its iv's and think about tradeing it to you seeing as how im prob never going to use a lugia anyways. Um, the only thing i would need is either a lv.100 pokemon holding a flamethrower/ice beam. If you cant do that its fine.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else ever have an egg give a yellow-gold flash as it hatches...? I've been hatching a ****load of Shroomish, and one egg did that.
No shiny, so I'm wondering if it's a glitch or what. o.o

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ultimario, wasn't there a special something for people with heartGold you were talking about pre release? What was it? cause I must have overlooked it.

Mewter

Smash Master
Anyone else ever have an egg give a yellow-gold flash as it hatches...? I've been hatching a ****load of Shroomish, and one egg did that.
No shiny, so I'm wondering if it's a glitch or what. o.o
Yeah, I see that a lot.
Probably just the graphics being flashy. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
SS has a really ****ty Lugia cutscene and HG has a beautiful cutscene for Ho-oh which beautifully and perfectly transfers right into the Ho-oh battle and its music.

Pretty much the most heartwarming part of the entire series IMO.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
SS has a really ****ty Lugia cutscene and HG has a beautiful cutscene for Ho-oh which beautifully and perfectly transfers right into the Ho-oh battle and its music.

Pretty much the most heartwarming part of the entire series IMO.
Trufax.

I watched the cutscene so many times while SRing for Ho-oh that I discovered that the time of day can change (the color of the sky) during the Kimono Girls' dance, and that closing the DS and then opening it will throw off the timing of the bells with the music. See for yourself!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
OMG getting to see that cutscene like 40,000 times

I'm so jealous :<

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Oh man it is happening! I recently defeated Red, I've got the full set of Kanto starters, and my Tyranitar is developing like a dream. (pulled of a +8 attack level up)

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who really would've appreciated the GB Sounds at the beginning of the game? Everything felt like nostalgic except for that one key feature: the choppy music.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I don't see the point of getting GB Sounds after you beat the last gym leader. By that point you've already visited every single area except for the few post-Kanto areas.

If I ever get my AR to communicate with my computer again, I'll try and hack a GB Sounds into my HG before I start it (still at the "SRing for shiny starter" stage, which I haven't made any progress on in quite some time). It just seems silly that you can't use it until you've practically beaten the game, so the only nostalgia you get is from going back to areas you have no reason to revisit only to hear the music retro-fied, which is made even worse by the fact that the music sounds blatantly remixed from the updated version instead of ripped from the original as I had hoped it would -- although it's easier to tell that when listening to the music on my computer rather than in game.

I also wish you didn't have to turn it back on every time you start up the game.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I liked the Lugia cutscene, personally. It felt epic-ish. ._. It feels like Lugia represents dark, while Ho-oh represents light in these games... Their battle music backs it up. xD

Incidentally, I hatched a few more eggs... they had variations with their flashes. A few flashed like that, a few did it less so, and a few just puked sparkled as they burst.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
I liked the Lugia cutscene, personally. It felt epic-ish. ._. It feels like Lugia represents dark, while Ho-oh represents light in these games... Their battle music backs it up. xD

Incidentally, I hatched a few more eggs... they had variations with their flashes. A few flashed like that, a few did it less so, and a few just puked sparkled as they burst.
I guess it varies Pokemon from Pokemon.

Top Bottom