• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A Pokemon with Synchronize at the head of your party literally synchronize the wild Pokemon. Meaning if you have a Modest Alakazam leading and you run into a wild shiny Vulpix, the Vulpix will be Modest. Only if your Alakazam has Synchronize, though! :)

Edit: Actually I don't remember if it has to be at the front of your party or not. Maybe just having it on the team works, I forget.

-Terywj

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Caught a random Scyther today for the bug catching contest. Made me lol that all 3 winners were Scyther(I won with the WHOPPING one), but sure enough the thing had a perfect attack IV. Bred it with my in-game Scizor, which apparently has perfect HP. First egg was Adamant/Technician by chance, since I used Power items instead of an Everstone. I r :)face

In other news, I just hit 222 caught for the Pokedex. Not trying excessively hard to fill it up, but I'm checking every other swarm day, using Hoenn/Sinnoh music(got me an Adamant AbsouljaBoi <3 and a Bidoof today) and doing certain trades with people(got me a Slowking for helping someone move their D/P/Pt pokes to HG, for example).

For some reason I'm more interested in the daily events for this game. Actually got an EXP Share from the Radio lottery, while the Goldenrod Department store lottery gives semi-decent to good TMs away. Not to mention the Trainer House BP adds up if you get a decent amount of people(6 a day for me). Besides all that, I'm currently remaking my FR team('Zard, Nidoking, Primeape, Kabutops, Scyther/Scizor and Electabuzz/vire).

Edit: ^ I think you mean Modest @ "Shiny Vulpix will be shiny."

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Fix'd. Good catch.

I've only scratched 204 or so, but I've only been playing my HeartGold for about 70 hours. Or you could view it as "I've already played my HeartGold for about 70 hours."

-Terywj

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wait. All you have getting to Olivine has been a Typhlosion and Slowbro?

-Terywj
I used a Hoppip which I evolved to Skiploom, but I only fought wild Pokemon with that, all trainer Pokemon and Gym people were fought with those two lol. I always tend to stick with only two Pokemon for the majority of the games. I can never decide what other ones I want to use.
And of course I had the HM slave or too lol.

breed for jolly then, you'd have to train it from lv. 1 tho.
well that shouldn't be too hard, I got a riolu that was lv. 1 from my diamond and it's level is higher then the rest of my team for the story (prolly from the extra exp due to trading, but that's not the point)
I'd probably be better off just headbutting the tree near Kurts house, because at least I know that a Heracross will usually appear before 10 headbutts lol, and it's quicker to just test, and then reset rather then breed them lol.

While I'm at it, would I be able to evolve my Misdreavus yet, even though I don't have the National Dex, or has Mismagius been slotted into the new Johto Dex?

If you can't tell already I'm new to the Johto games XD.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, managed to finally beat Lance last night without a single ice move. Poliwhirl finally learnt wake-up slap so evolved him to Wrath. Put Gyrados to sleep, belly drum, heal, wake-up slap, gydados gets to red hp, swaps to a dragonite. Waterfall, dragonite at half, swap, repeat til he swaps through all but the last dragonite. Charizard was the only real issue but yeah. Woo!

Now of course I have the issue of deciding to keep the team or drop them all but Typh and take up a new team for Kanto. Are the wild pokemon the same levels they were in RB or are they higher to match the levels after the E4?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, props for beating Lance in that fashion, Mic. Makes me feel uncreative for resorting to just Discharge / Avalanche.

And yeah, the wild Pokémon are really underleveled -- around level 20 -- so...trying to start a new team for Kanto would be difficult. It's too bad, because that would be fun to do.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I dunno, sounds like a good way to raise them up a bit first before I start figihting trainers (which I assume are high level?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Yeah, wild pokemon are low-level (as though you had started in Kanto), but the trainers' pokemon are high-leveled (40s to 50s).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The trainers vary, but yeah, they're around 40-50.

Some of the wild Pokémon are a little below 20, too, I just realized -- really they range from 5 - 30, depending on the route. You can probably pull off a new team in Kanto, I think I'm just not patient enough.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I managed to catch a Larvitar during about 5 minutes into my second trip to the Safari Zone, with one Safari Ball.

Turned out to be Naive though :mad:.
I have a Tyranitar I don't care about SPAtk, why must you do this to me?!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I managed to catch a Larvitar during about 5 minutes into my second trip to the Safari Zone, with one Safari Ball.

Turned out to be Naive though :mad:.
I have a Tyranitar I don't care about SPAtk, why must you do this to me?!
The whole Safari Zone items and decorations stuff annoys me.

Although I just got called by Baoba so I should go find what new Pokemon showed up.

-Terywj

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
The whole Safari Zone items and decorations stuff annoys me.

Although I just got called by Baoba so I should go find what new Pokemon showed up.

-Terywj
That's why I traded eggs of all the pokes that can only appear after objects "upgrade" from P/Pt.

At least I wasn't super lazy and traded eggs of everything in the Safari Zone <.<

All I need to do to finish my national dex is catch Moltres, Lugia, and Mewtwo and raise about 3 1/2 boxes worth of pokemon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Beat Clair.

Hey, you guys know when you beat Clair, she doesn't give you Dragon Pulse until you're leaving Dragon's Den?
That doesn't happen in the JP version, she rages and you have to get all the way back to her in her Gym in order to get it.

It's fun noticing these little differences.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
^same happens, methinks, if you use an Escape Rope to immediately get out of there. Unfortunately, using said Escape Rope strangely makes it so the elders don't give you the Dratini(they keep going on about Lugia in HG). Might be that you need to get Dragon Pulse in order to get it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You must have escape rope'd out then.

In JP version even if you go out normally you have to go through her Gym again.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm so Mukking happy. I finally completed the entire Kanto section of my dex.... except for Mew which doesn't really count towards the completion of the dex... :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Electabuzz Mukking cheats.

I just got hax'd to death in the Battle Arcade.

Opponent sends out Electabuzz.
I send out Farfetch'd.
Electabuzz used Thunderbolt.
Farfetch'd lost 100% of its health.
Farfetch'd fainted.
Tery sent out Rampardos.
Rampardos lost 55% of its health.
Rampardos got paralyzed!
Rampardos healed 30% with Sitrus Berry.
Rampardos is fully paralyzed!
Critical hit!
Rampardos lost 95% of its health.
Rampardos fainted.
Tery sent out Dusknoir.
Electabuzz used Thunder Wave.
Dusknoir got paralyzed!
Dusknoir is fully paralyzed!
Dusknoir lost 22% of its health.
Dusknoir used Shadow Sneak.
Electabuzz lost 20% of its health.
Critical hit!
Dusknoir lost 50% of its health.
Dusknoir used Shadow Sneak.
Electabuzz lost 20% of its health.
Dusknoir fainted.

My life is lame.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lol FAAAAAAAAIL!

That reminds of my stall match in the place where you rent the pokemon...

My Hippowdon vs. his Quagsire

*shivers*

that match went on for a good 20 minutes before I finally defeated it :mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Annoying as hell, can't find any info on what specific move tutors are where in what games.

Is there a Signal Beam tutor in HG, or is it in Plat?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Samochan

Smash Master
Yauhz, finally beat the battle factory head and got the silver medal on open level. :3 Salamence might've otherwise been troublesome with dragon claw if it weren't for the swampert with ib and expert belt I just swapped for maself. :p Porygon2 was totally broken and Ursaring with protect and toxic lorb swept that granbull from my way.

Edit: Wheee! I finally beat red. :3 My initial tactic of using my 50lv quick claw metagross to eq didn't work out, but fortunately pika's def is so low one close combat and extreme speed from lucario was enough. Red is sure predictable with those full restores, tsk tsk. Charizard was no match for choice scarf lv. 61 feraligatr and no crit from air slash. Venusaur fell easily to hypnosis and eruption from choice specs typhlosion of lv 60, but blastoise was a different story. Darn thing was faster than gengar, however mah lv.60 gengar could just and just handle a blizzard and hail with the help of lefties. Tried to boost gengar with x special and x accuracy, but blastoise woke up and bleh. :/ Fortunately lucario was again up for the job. I sword danced and got amazingly lucky with him missing focus blast, phew. Then swept the rest of his team with close combats yay. Good thing lapras and snorre are weak to fight. :3

My team was as following: (I've only really grinded metagross)

lv50 Metagross
lv60 Typhlosion
lv60 Gengar
lv61 Feraligatr
lv61 Lucario
lv14 Magmar (rock climb hm slave yauhz)

Skarmory is a really good hm slave, btw lol. Fly, cut, rock smash, flash...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So looked up mixing records and can't find anything that it does for HG/SS, only what it does in DPPt. anyone know what (if anything) it does?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Other than the Trainer House (if you can call that mixing records), I couldn't find anything either.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Graaaaaaaaaaah

I nearly beat Lance with my massively underleveled team, but Aero outspeeds my Scarf Dragonair.

At least I KNOW how I can beat Lance now.

Top Bottom