• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Released!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I knew it! Well, almost. I was speaking with MGWS about this and it turns out it's true. The reason you can get good pokemon for otherwise worthless trades is for the english names.

I didn't think anyone would be that foolish and figured it must be because they are from another country.

English is cool

Sandy

Smash Champion
No battle for us then?

POKEMON TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shalt love thy Pokemon with all thy heart.

2. Thou shalt have no other games before Pokemon.

3. Thou must become the best Pokemon trainer that thou mayest become by the sweat
of thine own brow and fingers alone, without a cheat device.

4. Thou shalt not covet nor steal thy neighbors Pokemon.

5. Thou shalt only battle with Legendary Pokemon in a mutually decided upon Legendary
battle. Never exclusively. Nor shalt thou rely on such beasts as Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre, Lugia, or Ho-oh, and neglect the vastness of this world, for it is an abomination in mine sight.

6. Thou shalt at least try thine hand at Breeding, Contests, and the Battle Frontier.

7. Thou shalt not settle for the crappy new voices on the anime dub.

8. Thou shalt not be ashamed of Pokemon.

9. Thou shalt do everything in your power to spread the joy of Pokemon to all.

10. Thou shalt obtain a DS, Wii, Wi-Fi connection, Pearl or Diamond and Battle
Revolution through any means necessary. Even if thou must doest so through shady
means.

Remaineth true to all of these commandments and it surely will be well with thee. Fail to obey these commandments and thou shalt be cast alive into the fiery pit, reserved for Giovanni and his competent minions. Lo' where the Blast burn doth not cool, where the Sacred fire doth have a 100% burn rate, and thy torment lasteth until Jesse and James cease to blast off again. Amen.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I just got Diamond on Sunday but I dont have Wireless Internet yet, but I will be getting it soon, I hope, when I get it I will post my friend code up here. =P

Here's my team, so far:
Luxray: lvl 37
Infernape: lvl 37
Ponyta: lvl 35
Floatzel: lvl 36
Staravia: lvl 31 (Going to be working on her today a bit.. o_o;;)
Riolu: lvl 19 (The pre evo of Lucario, he just hatched out of his egg yesterday^_^)

And there we have it, that's my team so far, but im working on them each day, so im going to try to get all of them to about 45ish today.. hopefully. :p

A-Laon

Smash Master
The game played a dirty trick on me. After making every single battle of the entire game braindead easy, they catch me off guard with the difficulty of the Champion and I end up having my Elite Four completion thrown to waste because I ended up facing down Lucario with a frickin' Staraptor, lvl disadvantaged nonetheless.

Anyway, just to make a statement on the whole "cheating" argument:

Cheating is giving oneself an unfair advantage over another in competition.
The competitive aspect of Pokemon is, obviously, battling other players -- however, replicating masterballs to build the ultimate party or hacking all your Pokemon to lvl 100 instantly isn't going to damage that. You can take 200+ hours finding, catching, and raising your team to perfection, or you can take 10 minutes -- the length of time it took you isn't going to change anything once you're on the battlefield facing down an equally accomplished opponent, so you're not gaining any competitive advantage. Unless an AR code is causing tackle to deal 500 damage over Wi-Fi, it's not impacting the competitive aspect of the game but instead just making it quicker to become a part of it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I got a Chimchar for my Grat...oad? The blue fighting frog thing.

I don't know any of the new Pokemon's names. :(

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the elite four currently, but i dont have a prayer, so I'm training right now.

Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf
Palkia
Staraptor
Gastrodon

Ewww, I know this is a horrible team, but I dont want to get rid of them legendaries.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Tell me you haven't traded that beautiful Pokemon called Roserade... : ( I need Wi-fi : (

Reached Pokemon League!

Emperuto lv 47
Roselia lv 46
Staraptor lv 46
Garchomp lv 48
You have no chance,and the champ has all of her pokemon in the 60-66.I had a hard time with a lv 65 infernape,lv 57 dialga and a lv 54 uixie,
but i won
Man did use a lot hyper potions

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just caught my Palkia with a Quirky/nuetral nature. I suppose I could have reset the game and perhaps gotten a better one which would have had +SPATT, but I didn't want to reset the game over and over. Besides, I wasn't really quite sure which stat I would have wanted to sacrifice.

I dont know what I'm going to do for EVs. Special attack is a must. I dont know what else to boost up though.

Oh, and the path with all the snow was stupid annoying. grr And my pokemon still all suck.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Trade it from RSE/LGFR.

Azelf is a pain to catch... >.< I liked it better when the magicarp were dying.

Edit: I got me one! After a couple of resets, I settled for a Naive nature.

Edit: Stupid Uxie...

Edit: Uxie is still stupid. Brave nature? Bah! I give up. It's not lke I'm going to use it anyways.

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Trade it from RSE/LGFR.

Azelf is a pain to catch... >.< I liked it better when the magicarp were dying.

Edit: I got me one! After a couple of resets, I settled for a Naive nature.

Edit: Stupid Uxie...
Ha, are they really that hard? I caught all three of mine with a pokeball or quickball at full health...;)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
They're not that hard to catch. It's just annoying having to reset everytime because they dont have the right natures. Oh, I used a pokeball on Palkia at full health and caught him too. First try! ;) But I resetted due to it's terrible nature and got me another one.

I just remembered I can hack MasterBalls from Ruby so I should just wait before attacking the running one. Curses. My Azelf could have had a better nature then. :(

Top Bottom