• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Released!

I love this game.

So far my strongest Pokemon is Luxary lv.31.

These are my 6 current pokemon I have with me:

Luxary Lv.31 100 HP
Buizel Lv.15 41 HP
Prinplup Lv.16 48 HP
Monferno Lv.19 58 HP
Turtwig Lv.6 24 HP
Starly Lv.8 25 HP

Does anyone have a Riolu/Egg they can trade?

I want a Lucario. >: (

Wrath`

Smash Master
rioulu is found much later in the game,when some one gives the egg to you for helping them.
My team is so far.

Lv 37 infernape
lv 22 machop
lv 27 floatziel
lv 10 onix
lv 11 shellos
lv 4 bird thing.The first one you meet

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Bleh no time to play with APs coming up -___________- Beat Gardenia last night and basically just rubbing honey on trees right now for a female Hera. Or actually any Heracross would be fine. I can breed with Ditto later. So far 4 Wurmples and 2 Burmys. -______- Wtf I got nothing good. Combee would be nice too keep my honey supply up, or even Aipom would be welcome... but NO. WURMPLES. :mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The GTS still isn't open after beating the first gym. : (

Mic's team.

Nice try, I'm not going to give away my secrets!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
How did you guys get the other starters? I've tried the GTS but all these freaks want is stuff like "lv 100 Entei" or "lv100 Rayquaza"? For a level one starter, are you kidding me?

Mic's team: Just kidding.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
How the heck do you people beat the game so quickly and level up your pokemon so fast? >_<

Is it just me, or did I lose the option of switching out pokemon whenever the opponent calls in a new one? That kinda slowed me down.

Overall, the game is pretty good. It's a bit harder than the previous ones with more towns and shorter routes in between. The pokemon are mostly ugly, and all the ones you really want are at the end of the game. Pretty much like every other pokemon game since. :) Oh, and the names suck terribly.

My team.
Poochama's evolution.
Chingling (A pretty crappy pokemon. I just have it on my team for its over-asian name)
Starly's evolution.
Shinx's evolution.
Egg.
Some ugly red bug.

Any tips on which pokemon dont suck would be appreciated. (They're all SO weak!)

Edit: I can get anyone the starters if they ask politely. All of my cousins have this game so we can just breed eggs.
I dont have a ditto. No starters for anyone until the end of the month.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is it just me, or did I lose the option of switching out pokemon whenever the opponent calls in a new one? That kinda slowed me down.
Options -> Battle Style -> Shift

Wouldn't say no to a water starter :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Meh. It seems a lot slower than the other games-- maybe just because it's bigger! The town map looks huge! It's going to be fun!

I'm about 7 hours into it with two badges, and rocking the contests.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
common, I'm having the same problem. A lot of the pokemon have the similar typing so my team shares many weaknesses. Lame.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Common don't worry bout that starter, managed to trade a Budew for one on the GTS. Knows Pound, Surf and Hydropump :p

Anyone done much with the Underground? I've got a spare fossil so if anyone wants a Cranidos, get a hold of me.

This game just gets better and better...So far..this is what I have with me as of now(Because I just recieved
Surf
:

Luxray Lv.45 144 HP
Lucario Lv.28 80 HP(Online trade)
Infernape Lv.37 112 HP
Floatzel Lv.26 81 HP
Shellos Lv.21 68 HP
Starvia Lv.18 47 HP

In daycare:

Combee Lv.7
Prinplup Lv.16

I'm not even going to list my PC Boxes...>.>

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Common don't worry bout that starter, managed to trade a Budew for one on the GTS. Knows Pound, Surf and Hydropump :p

Anyone done much with the Underground? I've got a spare fossil so if anyone wants a Cranidos, get a hold of me.
I've gone underground but I haven't found a fossil. I just haven't spent much time down there.

How did you trade a budew for a Piplup!? Argh! Every trade I've seen has wanted something ridiculous.

I'm going to go look again.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hm. Does anyone else hate their stupid penguin? I hate mine. It's the Prinplup, I think. The new names aren't nearly as easy to remember as the original 150. My party:

LUXIO
CHATOT
PONYTA
PRINPLUP
BUDEW
CHANCEY

I don't know why I have the Chancey in there. She's a level 16, when everyone else is about 22, give or take one level.v PS, someone should help me get my friend's DS enabled with my internet. It's not working. D:

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
I got mine, my current roster is, dino(the evolution of turtwig altought i don't know his name) lv.22, spark(the evolution of shinx but then again i don't know the name) lv.18, falco jeje(the evolution of that weird schreeching poke bird) lv.18, dragoon lol my magikarp at lv.15, five more lvs. for him to turn into gyrados :). And I'm barely going to the second gym. I WANT LUCARIO!!!!! :psycho: Has anyone play this game online??? and I heard you can trade your poke from emerald, firered, and all those versions to diamond and pearl, how???? Can't wait for the poke in the wii wonder if it's any good. Anyways I have to got to a tourney for smash this friday so I don't think I would be playing my ds for a while, then a streetball tournament on Sunday ahhhh!!!!! Forgot to mention can you get lucario in diamond????

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I picked up Diamond at like 10:30 in the morning. Who else is rocking the Dialga or Palkia stylus? It's huge compared to the normal DS ones.

My team thus far..............

Grotle, Lvl 20
Buizel, Lvl 20
Staravia, Lvl 21
Ponyta, Lvl 19
Luxio, Lvl 21
Bidoof, Lvl 2(Lol, only used for Rock Smash and Cut)

I've beaten 2 badges. In, I think it was Hearthome City, I got an egg from this guy at the SouthEast gate. Does anyone know what it contains? Also, I got the Manaphy egg(from Ranger)! Woot!

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Steel and fighting with large movepool, good stat distribution, and is the only reversaller immune to Sandstream (not to mention it gets STAB), blah blah blah. Learns Swords Dance + double good STAB physical moves and high special attack making it unpredictable, as it can sweep on both sides of the spectrum.

mrvblonde

Smash Cadet
Looking at raising a Bronzor What would be a better ability, levitate or heatproof?
hmm i'd prfer levitate because either way bronzor is weak to fire and ground attacks so i rather have levitate which gives him full immunity to ground attacks(unless your opponet uses gravity) instead of having heatproof which reduces fire damage i think, or does heatproof give him immunity to fire attacks? if heatproof does that then i'd go for heat proof

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Steel and fighting with large movepool, good stat distribution, and is the only reversaller immune to Sandstream (not to mention it gets STAB), blah blah blah. Learns Swords Dance + double good STAB physical moves and high special attack making it unpredictable, as it can sweep on both sides of the spectrum.
I love this guy's posts so much I wanna have sex with them :psycho:

Anyways, been goofing around in the game, having a lot of fun, right now in Iron Island or something like that:

Roselia Lv 38
Empoleon Lv 38
Staraptor Lv 38

I ignored Cranidos, want to train it seriously later.

Have anyone found a Shiny Stone?

Outofdash, if you found it post it. Really.

Top Bottom