• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
im very interested in what competitive 6v6 rotation would look like, haha. sooo much strategy.
Have been playing a bit Rotation on random wifi (so just 4 pokemon), but i feel something that is very good to have is atleast one prioritymove, belly drum or something else very offensive and something hard to take down out at all times. It gave me a few wins when playing much a few months ago.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
On rotation battles, boosting move get a huge boost because you cant rotate to some advantageous without losing the boosts, you can also sweep when the boosting-sweepers wall/counter has been removed. In a nutshell,from what I've seen. rotation battles are hyper offense.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I heard an argument that team preview is really "necessary" in the new meta because there are just too many threats and relying on scouting isn't effective in this gen. I haven't played competitively since Platinum so I don't know if that's legit, but I can see what they are getting at. Having team preview on reduces some of the "oh crap" moments when a gimmicky team enacts their plan and helps you strategize the whole battle, rather than just 1-3 turns ahead.

So I just collected all the relics in the underwater area of route 14 and DAAAAAAAANNNNNG GameFreak drops a lot of money on you in this game. It's like they want to make sure that in the post-game you NEVER run out of cash. Now that I completed this, I think I'm going to send some of my other "good for cash items" like Stardust/Nuggets over to White to make that playthrough easier. I won't need the cash in Black anymore at all.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
On rotation battles, boosting move get a huge boost because you cant rotate to some advantageous without losing the boosts, you can also sweep when the boosting-sweepers wall/counter has been removed. In a nutshell,from what I've seen. rotation battles are hyper offense.
Dont forget that switches is risky, and 2 turn moves like yawn and wish (to protected switch for example) are very effective.
Whimsicott seems to be very threateing due to that very fast priority taunt it´s got.

Used a Max HP Max speed Agiruuda (dont know it´s english name, but the very fast new bug) with death gambit (KO yourself, damage your opponent as much as your hp is), it's useful to take out othervise big fast threats.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Gurdurr lvl 35 (LORAX)
/does not approve

I love the Lorax. I hate Gurdurr. :(

As for the "noob" thing for running through the game with favorites or not using legendaries in-game. I play the games to experience a more leisurely form of fun. When I play through the game, I'm not looking to destroy everyone as best as I can and become the best there ever was. I'm looking to have an adventure with my favorite Pokemon, and raise them as though they were mine. So of course that means I'm just going to use some of my favorites and go through the game with them at whatever pace I see fit. I do still like to pay attention to natures and typings, but that's as far as my competitiveness goes in the actual games. I play competitively because, for the same obvious reason as most, I have a love for competing. I find that fun, but in a different sort of way. I fully appreciate both, and I find the need to balance the amount I get of both because of this. Thus, I keep my experiences separate.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I'm legendary hunting the 3 musketeers and I'm at Cobalion right now and it's a pain trying to get a timid, hasty or naive nature for it. Also I love the elemental genies and does anyone think this game is too easy at times?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Beat the E4 a little while ago. ^_^ Probably my favourite feature of the game was finding out you could "register" multiple things; made switching between repels, the bike, and the itemfinder so much easier. Here's my team (though the levels might be a bit off since I did some of the postgame things):

Serperior LVL 50 (SNAFU) - Subleech + Toxic
Chandelure LVL 51 (JACK) - Special Attacker + WoW
Swanna LVL 51 (REGINALD) - Mixed Sweeper + Roost
Krookodile LVL 51 (SHEEN) - Physical Sweeper + Moxie
Scrafty LVL 50 (FRANKY) - Physical Tank + Moxie
Eelektross LVL 49 (CLYDE) - Mixed Attacker + ...No weakness?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
havent done these in a while, but here are my strongest pokemon aside from zekrom. not very balanced lol

emboar (Adobonater) - lv 58
lilligant (Veronica ♥) - lv 64
reuniclus (Harmonica [music note]) - lv 50
chandelure (Stocking) - lv 49
krookodile (Jwaaan![star]) - lv 62
bouffalant (ezekiel) lv 53 <--- used him to fight the elite four, but now an hm slave. SURFING ON AN AFRO.

also a golurk (Ramovelyn) at lv 48 in the box. my flyer.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I almost had a Metang today in the Giant Chasm, then Kyurem showed up and snowed everything outside, so I'm gonna wait to catch him. In Undella Town at the moment exploring the rest of the new routes. Definitely not gonna challenge Cynthia yet!

Here's my team so far.

Samurott LV 58
Krookodile LV 58
Zekrom LV 58
Victini LV 58
Durant LV 58
Braviary LV 58 --flyer

In the Battle Box:

Galvantula LV 52
Litwick LV 28 (in Day Care)
Sigilyph LV 21 (in Day Care)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Beat the E4 a little while ago. ^_^ Probably my favourite feature of the game was finding out you could "register" multiple things; made switching between repels, the bike, and the itemfinder so much easier.
Yeah, I didn't find that out until after I beat the game and was about to start breeding with my newly acquired Ditto (in order to fill up as much of the Gen 5 portion of the Pokedex as possible, I was going to breed the Pokemon I still need until I got at least a decent nature and then train it until it felt necessary to evolve). But yeah. I was going through the entire game just running because I didn't want to ever stop using the Dowsing Machine. It wasn't really bothersome at all, but still. It would have been nice to know that you could register multiple things beforehand. Definitely would have been useful.

M.K

Level 55
Beat the game last night, here are my thoughts/team:

My Team:
Jellicent Lvl 50
Co***rigus Lvl 50
Gigalith Lvl 50
Beheeyem Lvl 50
Beartic Lvl 50
Scolipede Lvl 50

Elite Four

Grimsley:
Overall, Grimsley was one of my harder challenges (and my first). His Liepard was cake, and his Krookodile went down easily as well. Scrafty was cake for Scolipede.
Bisharp, however, was death. He literally killed 5 of my team members because I do NOT have a good fighting attack to take him down. After a while, I got him with Scolipede.

Marshal:
Deathly easy. I think the hardest and most annoying part was Sawk having Sturdy, which almost essentially guarantees that Marshal will Full Restore him back up to full health. Beheeyem destroyed this guy to death. One Will-O-Wisp from Co***rigus and Conkeldurr was a useless *****.

Shauntal:
God her room was amazingly badass. She was BY FAR my favorite E4 member. Her team was really easy though "/ Chandelure gave me the most problems obviously. Overall it wasn't terrible.

Caitlin:
WHAT a *****. Her Reuniclus went down easily, but her Gothitelle was an absolute ***** to take down. I underestimated how bulky they were. Siglyph was scary, but manageable, and Musharna was like....a tough *****, but wasn't horrible.

N and Ghetsis:

Let's just say I lived with 19 HP overall to win against Ghetsis. Ghetsis was annoying with his never-ending-stream-of-competent-Pokemon, and N was annoying because I mistook his Zoroark for Klinklang before realizing that....Klinkland can't learn Focus Blast >_>;; Hydregion was surprisingly manageable (albeit entirely strong).

N's team was equally as hard. The Reshiram just seemed so useless and in-the-way and took down my Scolipede with Fusion Flare (and I actually lol'd cuz it was such overkill).

Oh, and N's room.....creepy.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I decided to do a Nuzlocke run of Black. My biggest gripe with Pokemon is the fact that since I don't have to worry about my pokemon dying, I can't form a bond with my Pokemon. This was something I liked Fire Emblem far more for.

Chose Tepig as my starter.

Run 1:

I got crit'd and died during the second tutorial battle.

Run 2:

A Lv.5 Puppy crithaxed my team of a Lv.4 puppy, and a lv. 6 Tepig.

Run 3:

Made it to the first town, but my Adamant puppy got crit'd on the LAST grass tile.
Caught a dark kitty, it got crit'd and died. Currently in the abandoned lot. Tepig is Lv.11.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ but you just said you throw away inferior pokemon for new ones like yesterday. That doesn't develop a bond <_< Unless in FE there is some stat bonus bond thing I don't know about, then my bad.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
^ but you just said you throw away inferior pokemon for new ones like yesterday. That doesn't develop a bond <_< Unless in FE there is some stat bonus bond thing I don't know about, then my bad.
There are bonds that certain characters can share in FE but I usually forgo those since I'm lazy. The thing about FE is that since characters die permanently, I tend to develop a connection to them, especially since there is actual character development as opposed to silly little critters that **** **** on command.

Releasing pokemon if they faint adds challenge and helps me to develop a small bond with the lil ****s.

***** the 1st gym with Tepig. It evolved afterward. Boxed all my other dudes cuz they suck but then learned that I have to have two pokemon. Gonna withdraw something to be murdered so I can continue on with my game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was thinking of FFTactics, which is very similar to Fire Emblem, but yeah. I miss FE, but... I lack time to play it =/.

Anyways, I give this a 9/10. I hate the lack of some HGSS features but that's it. The designs this generation outdid 4th to me by far. My one gripe is the lack of a bad*** surfer/flyer. Archeops is epic, but his ability...
And water wise, if you don't pick Wotter you have to use Simipour, a small fish, a turtle(if you didnt get Archeops), or a crappy frog. Lamesauce.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait till you reach teh flying and electric gym

Then you're gonna need something else :/

EDIT:

Shimazu, don't complain. If you don't pick Pignition, then you get stuck with an ant eater, a monkey, a moth, and a chandelier. The choices besides the moth where you get it late in game, the Chandelier, and teh ant eater which you also get late in game, aren't that good

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can't wait till you reach teh flying and electric gym

Then you're gonna need something else :/

EDIT:

Shimazu, don't complain. If you don't pick Pignition, then you get stuck with an ant eater, a monkey, a moth, and a chandelier. The choices besides the moth where you get it late in game, the Chandelier, and teh ant eater which you also get late in game, aren't that good
I've already beaten the flying/electric gyms, I just overleveled 'till I won. Serperior/Zoroark/Simipour/Archeops/Scrafty ftw :D

Edit: Ice Gym might be hard though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Oh, lol. Really, I just never thought the lack of waters would be an issue. Every gen introduces too many water Pokemon, except this one. This is a good thing, except it makes a Water-HM-***** hard to find. (Well, one you like) I'll honestly say Simipour is my weakest link.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****ing E4 I just lost to them. This is absolute bull****. Somehow they spike up like 10 levels from the trainers on the road and my team is terribly underleveled :mad:

My team:

Swoobat lvl 43 (FRUITY)
Gurdurr lvl 42 (LORAX)
Chandelure lvl 43 (CHANDEGAY)
Scrafty lvl 44 (SCRAPPER)
Krokokrook lvl 43 (DEALWITHIT)
Samurott lvl 44 (WOTTER)

God this is annoying

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
My one gripe is the lack of a bad*** surfer/flyer. Archeops is epic, but his ability...
And water wise, if you don't pick Wotter you have to use Simipour, a small fish, a turtle(if you didnt get Archeops), or a crappy frog. Lamesauce.
Swanna solves both those issues pretty well (he learns Fly and all the Water HMs), along with being a decent team supporter. His stats are actually almost identical to the elemental monkeys (he's a bit weaker though), but Water/Flying is a pretty great typing and has decent coverage; my Swanna had Surf/Fly/Air Slash/Roost for most of the game and there was never a point where I was disappointed in his moveset (Serperior, on the other hand...).

Swanna *****.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Just a reminder guys, try and use spoiler tags for that stuff that goes beyond team sharing and "war stories". Not everyone is at the same place in game and not everyone has looked up all of the details on serebii. Most of you are doing a good job with this but I see a few things that should be covered up.

I beat the game yesterday and I have to say I thought the E4 was really easy. I didn't have trouble with any of them. In most of the fights I just used one pokemon to sweep through each member.

After the elite 4,
N wasnt too difficult. He sent out Zoroark as his last pokemon so I never had to deal with his transformation bull****. Ghetsis was so hard! I really wasn't expecting that. His Hydre-whatever killed off all of my team. If it wasn't for my Chandelure having a calm nature I would have been screwed. This guy should have been the champion.

Final Team
Krookodile lvl 45
Swapped for Zekrom after catching. I named him Zek because I didn't care enough to get creative. :p
Archeops lvl 49
Chandelure lvl 49
Samurott lvl 48
Haxxorus lvl 50
Conkeldurr lvl 47

I don't know what I'm going to do now. There seems to be a ton of stuff to do after the game which is exciting considering we usually only get a battle frontier. I'm thinking of changing my team again but I've gotten so attached to these guys. I was considering transfering my older pokemon over and using some of them but I'm not sure if I want to do that either.

There's also the fact that I have about 270 pokemon to be transferred over. Yep, 4 years of competitive DP will do that to you.It's going to take forever though. I also have to delete all of the HM moves. D:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@Chill: Spoilers are for ****ies.

*Edit.*

forgot to save, dropped my DS, and it froze. FML.

Going to run Nuzlocke White instead.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I finally caught an okay Kyurem; it's Mild and apprently has 31 Attack and Sp. Attack IVs, and a 30 Sp. Defense and 26-27 HP IV. Its Speed is pitiful though.

My main question is, do Pokemon get EVs from KOing your Pokemon in battle before you capture them? I want to say no, because they don't get experience, but I figure someone else knows for sure.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Heh E4 was a pain as my Pokemon are slow, except for Krookodile,Marshel being the biggest pain.

N was easy, but dang Gehsist was killing me at the end, 3 times, I got lucky on the 4th try.

Team at end of E4/N's Castle

Reshiram Lv52
Emboar Lv54
Nattorie Lv46
Krookodile Lv50
Duddigon Lv50
Vullaby Lv43

Top Bottom