• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Are you guys playing the Japanese version, or did you get your hands on an English version?

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought. But how would you understand it? or can you read Japanese?... Oh, I think I heard something about a translator.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's a shame. A cool name for a crappy move.

Also the people playing it can read Japanese or are just guessing or using a walkthrough or something.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Another update:

If you saw Serebii's update about the Subway Master and felt that his team of Dustdas, Gigigiear, and Iwapalace was lacking, that's because he did the basic route. If you take a harder set, he has an Ononokusu, Doryuuzu, and Shandera, a much more challenging team.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd imagine not. Kinda glad I went through with the convoluted chain to get Ice Punch onto a Feraligatr as an egg move in DP.

Edit: Nvm, did that to get a Sneasel w/it, actually. Took the long way around, and got Gatr's as a byproduct.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's a shame. A cool name for a crappy move.

Also the people playing it can read Japanese or are just guessing or using a walkthrough or something.
im just wandering blindly in what i hope is the right direction

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like I'll be waiting until spring to get it. Does anyone have a list of the new Pokemon with the names translated?

M.K

Level 55
That's such a useful guide, but it also makes me realize how much Game Freak initially trolls us with the map of the region. A good 1/4 of the region is not even....navigable.
In other news, playing through this game is a ****ing BLAST.
In other other news, Overconfidence is the most ****-broken ability in-game that you won't even believe it.
Gyms:

Dento: Surprisingly annoying. The Yorterri is just there to whittle you down until you kill it mercilessly and make it into Chinese food. The monkey (whichever) is equally as annoying, you better have something that is decent against the type and not just a Minezumi or (insert random useless early game Poke here).

Aloe: God dammit, she is actually really difficult. Her Miruhoggu is so powerful for it's level. I'm sure if I caught one of the Rocky Bros. on the routes next to her town, it'd be much simpler, but with my team....nope. Pretty hard hitter, her Miruhoggu is like a 3/4-as-powerful Miltank, and for the 2nd gym, that's pretty beastly.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Grass Oath
Fire Oath
Water Oath
-Exclusive to the Starters' families

Frenzy Plant
Blast Burn
Hydro Cannon
-Exclusive to the Starters' final evolutions

Draco Meteor
-Exclusive to Dragons

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
That's such a useful guide, but it also makes me realize how much Game Freak initially trolls us with the map of the region. A good 1/4 of the region is not even....navigable.
Game Freak used Troll! Its super effective!

I couldn't resist. But they seriously need to make the whole map accessible. it would add a whole lot of content. But I suppose they make up for lackluster maps with awesome Pokemon.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Grass Oath
Fire Oath
Water Oath
-Exclusive to the Starters' families

Frenzy Plant
Blast Burn
Hydro Cannon
-Exclusive to the Starters' final evolutions

Draco Meteor
-Exclusive to Dragons
God dang it.

**** you Gamefreak. Feraligatr now has to use Ice Fang for the Encourage boost...

No one knows exactly how Dream World abilities are passed by breeding, so egg moves are still iffy. Hopefully the third version will have better move tutors.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Encourage boost all moves that aren't of a certain power level. It simply negates the effects of those that have 2ndary effects.
Source? Smogon doesn't have enough info for Encourage.

So what do you guys think about Slip Through Seviper? Switcheroo is new to its movepool too, right?

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Source? Smogon doesn't have enough info for Encourage.

So what do you guys think about Slip Through Seviper? Switcheroo is new to its movepool too, right?
My source is Smog actually lol. They confirmed that Flare Blitz does NOT get a boost, but moves without additional effects do.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
My source is Smog actually lol. They confirmed that Flare Blitz does NOT get a boost, but moves without additional effects do.
Wat

Well, that's awesome. More power to the Gatr.

Have they figured out how Dream World abilities can be manipulated through breeding yet?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It appears, for now, that Dream World Abilities are randomly passed if one of the parents has them. If they both have them, then it's confirmed (I think?).

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Hitmonlee's High Jump Kick is now at base power of 260 before STAB o_O Hope you have some ghost pokemon with you.

Hitmonlee
~ Substitute
~ High Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide
~ Sucker Punch

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It'd be awesome if Reckless only applies when you miss with High Jump Kick.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It appears, for now, that Dream World Abilities are randomly passed if one of the parents has them. If they both have them, then it's confirmed (I think?).
Whoa, I missed this post. That's frackin awesome but it's going to mean that I need to re-breed some pokemon. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ What it means chill, is breeding isn't obsolete!

We can breed great IV/Nature Pokemon with these abilities. AWEEESOMMEEEE.

And we'll have to rebreed a lot anyways due to metagame changes. =/ This is why once I get Trainer Card5Star I'm done with Pokemon 'till B/W.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hitmonlee's High Jump Kick is now at base power of 260 before STAB o_O Hope you have some ghost pokemon with you.

Hitmonlee
~ Substitute
~ High Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide
~ Sucker Punch
Brave Bird doesnt miss ;o

To give you an idea, Defensive Rotom-H is 2HKO'd by Muscle Band Staraptor's Brave Bird. 4 HP Heatran is OHKO'd 100% of the time with SR up LOL. **** i cant wait to use this thing.

Top Bottom