• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
By the looks of the stats all Mewtwo needs is a Calm Minded Flamethrower/Fire Blast or Groudons Drought to deal with Genosect.

Edit: Ninja'd, need to refresh next time.

Edit edit: Espeon get Magic Mirror as an ability. Hello Breloom counter.

It also reflects phazing.

Edit edit edit: I don't understand the people that think SR will go down in usage. Yeah its not a TM but that doesn't stop all the Pokes we have right now that can use it. Aerodactyl for example.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Much like Arceus, it's pretty clear Genosect is sandbagging hard. :p

But, at the above, I think it'll go down, but not for the reason of 'it's not a TM' anymore. I just think it's easier to counter now, mostly by Magic Mirror hilarity.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't think that much people will be hurt by Magic Mirror/Coat. Bar Honchkrow, all my Pokes resist SR and Rapid Spin. If they reflect my Brons SR then I'll just lay another.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Well, if you already resist them so well, then you have to consider the possibility that everyone else does as well. In addition, Espeon could make laying another down difficult.

M.K

Level 55
I still cannot honestly tell what the anatomy of Emboar's upper body is. Is his head sitting in a cradle of flames, or...are the flames extending from his chin, where does the head end, and shouldn't his head be slightly more extended and less squatty?

Things to ponder. I can't wait to see Sugimori Artwork haha.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
For some reason beyond my comprehension, Gamefreak decided to give the new ant Pokemon Truant as its dream world ability.

The only way I can justify this is that it has 'ant' in it.
Going back, the ant guy has a move that is the equivalent of Mummy.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Just Gyro Ball Espeon.
That doesn't change the fact that Espeon just reflected your stealth rock back onto yourside of the field.

Also don't forget that Starmie is now possibly the best lead in the game, making entry Rocks that much more difficult to setup.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm predicting a revival of Yanmega / Gyara / Salamence kinds of leads, where the aim is to start pounding on your opponent right away.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That doesn't change the fact that Espeon just reflected your stealth rock back onto yourside of the field.

Also don't forget that Starmie is now possibly the best lead in the game, making entry Rocks that much more difficult to setup.
But like I said SR doesn't bother my team (Tyran, Bron, Scizor, Crad). Reflecting it back will put it on my side of the field but most leads lay down SR anyway. After it's bounced back Esp will have to switch or be killed, then my Bron can proceed to screen and SR as normal.

And even the Starmie lead is flounced by my Scarf Trick Gengar.

Basically if people spend their time trying to counter 1 move they'll be destroyed. These new SR counters that people are trying to come up aren't going to work as well as people think. SR isn't that much of a problem if you adapt accordingly.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
But like I said SR doesn't bother my team (Tyran, Bron, Scizor, Crad). Reflecting it back will put it on my side of the field but most leads lay down SR anyway.
Okay, so if most teams are prepared for Stealth Rock, then why run Stealth Rock anyway?

After it's bounced back Esp will have to switch or be killed, then my Bron can proceed to screen and SR as normal.
Espeon has 110 speed and 130 special attack. It can handle itself just fine with a SUB set keeping itself hidden from powerful Pursuit users. Since it will likely carry Hidden Power Fire to deal with Scizor and Metagross, it can easily put a stop to your Bronzong unless your silly and run Heatproof, but then you leave yourself open to the omnipresent Metagross lead.

And even the Starmie lead is flounced by my Scarf Trick Gengar.
And now your Gengar is perminetly asleep, good job. Lead Starmies will now be carrying Swimming Goggles, its an item that increases speed and accuracy but will put non-water types asleep. You will have just effectivly killed your Gengar, and it doesn't kick in sleep clause because its self inflicted sleep.

SR isn't that much of a problem if you adapt accordingly.
Which is exactly why it will fall out of use from leads.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Most likely Gengar would be killed by Starmie before he fell asleep, which wouldn't be a problem seeing as though the damage would already be done.

A full SpAtk Espeon with Life Orb and Modest (instead of its usual Timid) can only 2HKO Brong. Either it dies or it switches.

Edit: Or just screen and switch to Tyran.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Espeopn did the damage it needed to your Stealth Rock pokemon, and now comes my revenge killer to keep you from setting up rocks at all.

Now we are at 5 pokemon each, I have a full health pokemon on the field, and you have Stealth Rocks on your side. I effectively won the entry war.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Not too sure what a revenge killer is but it'll be gyro'd (which will probably not affect it too much) then it'd do something and I'd just lay down SR.

All of this seems like an overly complicated way to put SR down on your opponents side. Even my Brong that is only meant for support manages to beat it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also Tomo has a Politoed, Kindgra, and a Kabutops.

This argument is stupid, because it's situational. HERP DERP STEALTH ROCK SUCKS BECAUSE MY TEAM IS 6 LUCARIOS

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, also we're getting way off topic here.

Edit:

To get back on topic, this new item Rugged Helmet does 1/8th of full HP damage to the opponent when they make contact.

Give that to a poke with Rough Skin, like Garchomp for example, and you do 25% damage everytime. Looks like Chomp will be remaining in Ubers.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Not too sure what a revenge killer is but it'll be gyro'd (which will probably not affect it too much) then it'd do something and I'd just lay down SR.
It would kill your Bronzong. Its a revenge killer. It comes in and it kills stuff. You won't gyroball it, you won't lay down stealth rock.

All of this seems like an overly complicated way to put SR down on your opponents side. Even my Brong that is only meant for support manages to beat it.
Its not nearly as complicated as you think. Just start off with Espeon, aim to do some damage. I imagine a Choice Specs Espeon would be pretty good for damaging a lead, or you could do a Baton Pass set, or a Duel Screens.

Espeon also beats out a couple of the current leads too, Swampert can't take a Grass Knot from Espeon for example. Its too risky for your to try to predict when I'll switchout, because otherwise you'll end up setting up entry hazards on your own side of the field.

Sure, Espeon may lose to certain leads, namely Metagross, but it has enough going for it to be an effective lead. Espeon isn't hopeless, useless, or situational by any means unless Stealth Rock leads fall out of favor, and I think they will.

Give that to a poke with Rough Skin, like Garchomp for example, and you do 25% damage everytime. Looks like Chomp will be remaining in Ubers.
Nope, doubt that. There are plenty of pokemon just as powerful, and most pokemon are going to be aiming non-contact moves at a pokemon like Garchomp anyway. you also signifigantly lower your offensive capabilities by running the helmet. This is just a really bad idea.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
You switch in Esp to reflect my SR, then you switch again and I Gyro, then I SR or switch if its Fire.
Umm, why am I switching so much? Why would I switch away? Espeon has little use outside of a lead. If I do switchin as a surprise, I'm not going to switch back out, I'm going to either set something up and die (with a focus sash set most likely, for duel screens for instance) or I'm going to do as much damage as possible, die, and switch in a fast revenge killer to kill your chance for setting up rocks.

Either way, Espeon is probably best as a pure lead.

The role of Rocks is likely going to have to go to bulky pokemon in the early game, but no left up to leads anymore.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So you lead with Esp and get Scarfed by my Gengar. Gengar dies and I switch in Scizor and SD if its not a fire attack or Tyran if it is.

D

Deleted member

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive, Overconfidence
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Outrage

Does anyone else think that this is horribly stupid or is it just me?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I still cannot honestly tell what the anatomy of Emboar's upper body is. Is his head sitting in a cradle of flames, or...are the flames extending from his chin, where does the head end, and shouldn't his head be slightly more extended and less squatty?

Things to ponder. I can't wait to see Sugimori Artwork haha.
The dex entry on Pokebeach says that it's actually a beard of fire, lol.

EDIT: Actually, checking again, it doesn't... I could have sworn I heard from somewhere that the fire was a beard, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The fact that whenever it kills something it gets an attack boost from Overconfidence.

That's what.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It is.
Still gets revenge killed fairly easily by Priority, especially with a Life Orb and possible Stealth Rock.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
So the way it sounds, stats are outrageously high, but the Pokemon are really hard to train. I don't really understand the whole dream world concept though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It doesn't matter how hard Pokemon are to train, since all real battling is done at level 100 anyways.

Also I'm stuck trying to get to the 8th Gym :<

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care about training, just how the stats will be different.
And... you have it already?...

M.K

Level 55
How about Body Purge?

"The user cuts off unnecessary parts of it's body to increase speed".

Granted things like Gigaiasu learn this (probably chip off anyhow) but SRSLY. Dayum.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Genosect's is made up for by his amazing theme.
You mean the DENNIS one? It's not really his theme, it turns out. It's for Team Plasma's leader. :C

The actual Event Legendary theme is pretty boss, though. And I'm still calling him DENNIS. :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Body Purge is essentially a Rock Polish + weight lift.

Steelix, Aggron, and Gear are some of the Pokemon that can use this, so it helps them against Low Kick.

UberMario

Smash Master
You mean the DENNIS one? It's not really his theme, it turns out. It's for Team Plasma's leader. :C

The actual Event Legendary theme is pretty boss, though. And I'm still calling him DENNIS. :D
What? It still uses the techno event legendary theme:

Victini is teh proof yo

Unless you were talking about the one with the chants, which I don't really understand why people think it fits with the robot . . . . . .

EDIT: @the Body Purge attack: WTF were they thinking? That, Acid Bomb ["It spills out a liquid to melt the opponent"] and Boiling Water sound graphic for a game that's supposed to be for kids.

EDITEDIT: Submersion sounds awesome, I wonder if Lanturn will learn it.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Why would a shelled pokemon want to learn shell break? If I were an Omastar I would pray to Arceus that my trainer would not know about the move Shell break.

majora_787

Smash Hero
0_0 I have never heard a pokemon cry as horrifying as Tsuta's final stage... That sounds like the scream in a Screamer video, only it trails off at the end. :laugh:

Top Bottom