• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
guys where do i go from the big city with the battle subway?
to the top right is just a path that 2 guys are blocking and to the top left is just a bridge i cant cross

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pokemon Black and White sold 2.63 million copies in the first two days. It's the highest of any video game sold in Japan in that time frame.

Makes one wonder how the first week sales and first month sales pan out.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dang. That's pretty pro. No lie, 5th gen is shaping up to be the 2nd favorite generation for me. (2nd wins because of Tyranitar, but Ononokusu is right behind him)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mewtwo got an exclusive move called Psycho Break. 100 attack, 100 accuracy, 10 PP. Extra STAB and being better than psychic?

Pidgeot getting Gale (even with a 70 special attack, with baton passing it's too awesome. woulda preferred if Pidgeot got stuff like Brave Bird naturally or ExtremeSpeed)

Hells yeah.

[EDIT]

I have a question about Solar Power, speaking of Charizard. Does the effect work all the time? Or does it only come into effect when Sunny Day/Drought is active? If Purgatory had better accuracy, that'd be a sick move.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm waiting to see if it is really true. Its description is the same as a TM which would basically be a weaker version. Top of that, both the descriptions oddly state "it does physical damage," despite being special attacks. Not to say I don't support. More power to it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yes, apparently psycho break is capable of 2HKO'ing Blissey due to the way the move works. It sounds pretty awesome.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm waiting to see if it is really true. Its description is the same as a TM which would basically be a weaker version. Top of that, both the descriptions oddly state "it does physical damage," despite being special attacks. Not to say I don't support. More power to it.
Was able to look it up/test myself; it's a Special attack. I think by "physical damage," at least over at Serebii, it meant that it hurt the opponent and wasn't some status-problem-inducing move, since Serebii has yet to put up the physical/special/other type tabs. Really cool. It's like a Psychic-type Judgment. About time Mewtwo gets a little lovin' with an exclusive move. ;)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Was able to look it up/test myself; it's a Special attack. I think by "physical damage," at least over at Serebii, it meant that it hurt the opponent and wasn't some status-problem-inducing move, since Serebii has yet to put up the physical/special/other type tabs. Really cool. It's like a Psychic-type Judgment. About time Mewtwo gets a little lovin' with an exclusive move. ;)
...FFFFUUUUUUUUU

Yet another misconception caused by Serebii.

M.K

Level 55
Yes, Pokejungle reported that the move was based on the attacking Pokemon's Special Attack, yet affected the defending Pokemon's Defense.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So, I'm in the final stretch, Victory Road.

It's freaking huge. Like seriously. You don't even need to walk into the place to see that you're in for the longhaul. Pack like 20 revives and like 20 Max Repels.

Also they did that thing like in R/B/Y where a person checks your badges, one badge at a time before you go through an area to go to the next guy to check for the next badge, and so on, and so on (you can't even reach the place until you have at least 7 badges so I don't see why they even bothered....). After you pass through all of them, you come across victory road. Geeze, the view when you walk in just frustrates you knowing how long it'll take to get through it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My opinion on what Psycho Break does is that it's special as in it calculated your special attack stat to perform the attack but physical in that it calculates your opponents physical defense stat when taking damage. aka, the move being good on Blissey and special walls.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Besides new Pokemon, will anything else be new? I know there is new abilities, but what about moves?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
<3, Tomo

Code:
[M518]Water Oath	Special	Water	10	50	100	If used with Fire Oath, creates rainbow that may cause confusion
[M519]Fire Oath		Special	Fire	10	50	100	If used with Grass Oath, creates burning field that causes damage every turn
[M520]Grass Oath	Special	Grass	10	50	100	If used with Water Oath, creates swamp that lowers Speed of all targets.
Exclusive to Grass starters.

Code:
[M524]Ice Breath	Special	Ice	10	40	90	Critical Hit (100%)
Always crits, nice check to Calm Mind users. That aren't Jirachi or Suicune.

Code:
[M548]Skin Sword	Special	Fighting	10	85	100	Calculates damage with the target's Def stat.

TFS

Smash Rookie
LMAO skin sword. I hope that changes for the english versions.

Psyco you stole my avatar :(. Now I have to go change it.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
LMAO skin sword. I hope that changes for the english versions.

Psyco you stole my avatar :(. Now I have to go change it.
FAIL. I didn't know you or your avatar. Warubiaru is my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. I'll end up changing it again soon though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Shuckle with Power Share (if I'm reading the description right) would seem to be really kind of nuts if he had a lot more HP.

Still gets screwed by Set-damage attacks. Poor guy.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Skin Sword (translated on Serebii as Mystery Sword or Sword of Mystery) is the special move learned by Kerudio.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shuckle with Power Share (if I'm reading the description right) would seem to be really kind of nuts if he had a lot more HP.

Still gets screwed by Set-damage attacks. Poor guy.
I theorymoned something like this on Smogon;

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Impish / Sturdy
252 HP / whatever
Wrap
Toxic
Power Share
Rest

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It seems as though Uproar now has 90 power, instead of 50. Could this be utilized?
I'm a noob when it comes to competitive Pokemon, lol. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I need help on BW, I'm stuck for not understanding Japanese

You know when your rival with the barrette comes in and you both see team Plasma abusing a Munna or something after the first gym? What do you after that? I even captured a Munna just in case

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, I need help on BW, I'm stuck for not understanding Japanese

You know when your rival with the barrette comes in and you both see team Plasma abusing a Munna or something after the first gym? What do you after that? I even captured a Munna just in case
you go back to the city and talk to the lady with long black hair. She's in the top floor of the far north east house. Afterwards, do what ulti said

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
THERE IS A NEW MOVE CALLED TROLL.

Thank you.
It's music-based, sorry.

There are other translations, the most reasonable of which seems to be "Sing a Round," since testing has shown that its power increases if it's used in the same turn that another used the move.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I BEAT THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAME

CREDITS ARE PLAYING RIGHT NOW!

Now for the post-game.

Top Bottom