• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
assumption usually are true and wut im saying is from wut i saw he is going suck plain and simple
People said the same thing about the Ice Climbers before Melee came out, and look at them now.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
yes there is he is just takin up space wit his 3 random gay pokemon

hata nuthing fu he is goin to suck but maybe not chizard who can glide back to the stage other than that he is srry

assumption usually are true and wut im saying is from wut i saw he is going suck plain and simple

THERE'S A REASON WHY THEY CALL IT ASSUMPTIONS

=|

onii-chan

Smash Ace
People said the same thing about the Ice Climbers before Melee came out, and look at them now.
thats true and all but if u really look at the on the smashdojo you can basically tell he is goin to suck

THERE'S A REASON WHY THEY CALL IT ASSUMPTIONS

=|
and like i said my assumption mite be true anyway seeing as everyone tho sonic was goin to be awesome and they were disappointed at wat they saw

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do not like him ethier, I think he is a waste of space, but I cant say he sucks untill I play him,so you can wrongly assume and will laugh at you

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
thats true and all but if u really look at the on the smashdojo you can basically tell he is goin to suck
No you can't. The only thing they told us about Pokemon trainer is his special moves, and YOU CAN'T BASE A CHARACTER ON HIS SPECIAL MOVES.

A pro Marth player barely uses his B moves (except for recovery), yet Marth is top tier.

rayecho

Smash Ace
people need to calm down with the "why the **** is he making assumptions" thing. An assumption is a guess, it could be right or wrong. and besides, what everyone has been posting on this thread is an "assumption".

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
people need to calm down with the "why the **** is he making assumptions" thing. An assumption is a guess, it could be right or wrong. and besides, what everyone has been posting on this thread is an "assumption".
But making assumptions based off no real facts is just ridiculous.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
u cant tell just by looking at them that they are going to suck....just give them a chance...
But making assumptions based off no real facts is just ridiculous.
people need to calm down with the "why the **** is he making assumptions" thing. An assumption is a guess, it could be right or wrong.

i guess u already forgot huh?^ my assumption are of my opinion they dont have to be a fact thats why they are called assumption guy

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
people need to calm down with the "why the **** is he making assumptions" thing. An assumption is a guess, it could be right or wrong.

i guess u already forgot huh?^ my assumption are of my opinion they dont have to be a fact thats why they are called assumption guy
But the thing is, you're opinion makes no sense. You brought up no valid reasons to bash Pokemon Trainer, so you phail.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Isnt' this a poll that approves of pokemon? if you are insulting one of the greatest videogame franchises out there; then you should be hit wih a sledgehammer.

The pokemon trainer does not have three random pokemon, he has practically the same pokemon as Ash in the show. Charizrd, squirtle, and bulbasaur is supposed to evolve soon so that makes Ivysaur. Piakchu is the mascot of pokemon. Mewtwo is the most popular legendary pokemon. Jigglypuff is one of the most liked and famous pokemon in japan and was popular in the series a while ago. Pichu i understand that he wont make it back in but he was the most awiated baby form in the second series. Lucario was in the 7th movie and was long thought to be a legendary pokemon. he is a beast and should get in.

I understand that pokemon is easy to make fun of "Quote by wiseguy" but seriously it does get aggrivatiing when people say that pokemon shouldnt be in brawl at all. Pokemon has made milllions of dollars and i right up there with mario, link, samus and kirby series. Pokemon has helped nintendo make tons of money and they still support it.

Even though they have said that sonic was not that good, it is still great that they put him in, so dont mess with the blue hedgehog.

So would you please stop dissing the pokemon.

Oh and i almost forgot

Jigglypuff for Brawl

~Shadow Plusle

onii-chan

Smash Ace
But the thing is, you're opinion makes no sense. You brought up no valid reasons to bash Pokemon Trainer, so you phail.
if its an assumption and my opinion it gives me the rite to bash pokemon trainer to the ends of the earth but if u really beleive that ghe is goin to be so **** good be my guest:embarrass but what im syain is that he sucks

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
if its an assumption and my opinion it gives me the rite to bash pokemon trainer to the ends of the earth but if u really beleive that ghe is goin to be so **** good be my guest:embarrass but what im syain is that he sucks
Where did he ever say he thought PT would be good?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The pokemon trainer does not have three random pokemon, he has practically the same pokemon as Ash in the show. Charizrd, squirtle, and bulbasaur is supposed to evolve soon so that makes Ivysaur. Piakchu is the mascot of pokemon. Mewtwo is the most popular legendary pokemon. Jigglypuff is one of the most liked and famous pokemon in japan and was popular in the series a while ago. Pichu i understand that he wont make it back in but he was the most awiated baby form in the second series. Lucario was in the 7th movie and was long thought to be a legendary pokemon. he is a beast and should get in.
Okay, the starters weren't based on Ash's starters. Ash's Bulbasaur will not evolve because he's basically not used anymore except for in special episodes (like that one Battle Frontier episode). Other than that, Bulbasaur will never be a major part of Ash's team again, so Ash never gets an Ivysaur.

A theory for how the Pokemon were chosen for PT: Charizard was chosen as the starter with the final form because he's the most popular final form out of the three Kanto starters. For whichever takes the first form spot, I'm guessing Squirtle was more popular than Bulbasaur, so Ivysaur takes the second stage spot.

Mewtwo being the most popular legendary is an opinion. Unless you can give a source to how they determined who's the most popular legendary, I'm not going to take that reason seriously; however, I believe Mewtwo will return as the playable legendary because he seems to make the most sense with his backstory and lots of other reasons I'm too lazy to explain.

I'll agree that Jigglypuff used to be very popular in Japan, but after the second generation Jigglypuff was not a recurring character in the anime. This could be due to declining popularity of Jigglypuff. Of course, Jigglypuff is still fairly popular, but not near the same level as when it first appeared in the anime.

Pichu, no matter how much I like him, is probably not returning. All his positive aspects were given to Pikachu, but Pikachu just can't pull of the cuteness Pichu had with the blue goggles. Sakurai did say he was trying to either get rid of or change clones. That's why I believe Pichu's out.

Lucario was in a movie almost 3 years ago. He was thought to be a legendary, but so was Blaziken and Tyranitar at one point before their games came out. Being thought as a legendary should not determine if a Pokemon gets in, and "he's a beast" is not good reasoning. Being in 1 out of 10 (11th coming out next year) should not warrant an appearance as playable. There is a lot of marketing with him, but there's a lot of marketing for Weavile, Mime Jr., and a lot more Pokemon. That's why I don't want to see marketing as a reason. (I know you didn't mention marketing, I'm just stating this before someone uses this as a reason).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
haha, just imagining charizard flying away from a hit seems funny, like his arm's and leg's are so short, and most characters stick their arm's and leg's out during knockback. LOL....this is all.
I guess it's kind of funny because of his little bity arms, but I wonder how he will moan when he's flying through the stage once he gets knocked out?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I just made a Mawile support topic, where I include a B-Moveset, so those Mawile supporters can go comment there.

Go Mawile! I know it's a longshot, but I can dream, can I?

rayecho

Smash Ace
I just made a Mawile support topic, where I include a B-Moveset, so those Mawile supporters can go comment there.

Go Mawile! I know it's a longshot, but I can dream, can I?
sure, theres no rule saying that you cant..............................................even though Mawile wont get past Lucario.

rayecho

Smash Ace
No pokemon will get past Pokemon Trainer, why doesn't anyone get this. Oh and back if anybody cares by the way <.<
are you saying that Pickachu and Pokemon Trainer are going to be the only ones out of a pokemon franchise in the game. WOW. i see a few others getting in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
are you saying that Pickachu and Pokemon Trainer are going to be the only ones out of a pokemon franchise in the game. WOW. i see a few others getting in.
I think he is refering to NEW pokemon. He could very well be right. . . if Pichu is out and we have 6 playable pokemon than you can't complain Pokemon "needs" more playable characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
so you saying that PT will take up three spots instead of one, and its not yet confirmed if mew2 and jiggs are in.
Im saying PT is 3 playable pokemon, which he is. Take that how ever you please.

And I know Jpuff and M2 where not comfirmed yet. Thats just the context inwhich that guy, Dr.Z, was talking (As in, if those 2 get in than we could very well have PT as our last new comer for pokemon).

Epsilon-Sigma

Smash Rookie
I personally would like to see Blaziken, but Lucario would most likely be a charachter if any due to his popularity. Although I also think we don't need any more playable Pokemon, but I guess HAL Labs will be the judge of that.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Im saying PT is 3 playable pokemon, which he is. Take that how ever you please.

And I know Jpuff and M2 where not comfirmed yet. Thats just the context inwhich that guy, Dr.Z, was talking (As in, if those 2 get in than we could very well have PT as our last new comer for pokemon).
i see it as 1 character, not 3. PT takes up one slot on the character select screen, which makes him one character. so that will leave the game with at least two or three other playable pokemon.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
if pokemon is going to get anymore roster spots, than they'll only get 1. probably lucario, cuz he's world renowned*to those enlightened by pokemon)

Top Bottom