• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^actually I am hoping for two (Lucario & Blazakin) but I think it will be unlikely that Sakurai will give us that many since we already have Pkmn Trainer, Pikachu and we might possibly get Mewtwo & Jiggs back so having more than 5 pokemon, much less 6 is what I think will be unlikely

rayecho

Smash Ace
pt is only one character, not three like people are saying. so i think there will be about 4 or less pokemon chosen for this game

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I totally agree with you buddy :laugh: but I just hate it when people say Blazakin would be a clone of Cap'n Falcon, that ain't true don't you agree? I'm sure Sakurai could give give him attacks that would differ from Falcon's, and yea it would be awesome to see him confirmed so I could PWN all those Charizard players out there :laugh:

and btw : you like my best? lol...

kaid

Smash Master
The only "rep limit" we have any evidence for is the "Major Franchises."

In SSB64, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jiggs, and Link made up just under half the roster, split fairly evenly

In SSBM, Doc, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pikachu, Pichu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Link, Zelda, Y.Link, and 'Dorf made up just MORE than half the roster.

If we indeed get 40 characters, as most of us seem to expect, than we can expect about 20 characters from the 3 big franchises. That works out to almost 7 (!!!) characters each.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The only "rep limit" we have any evidence for is the "Major Franchises."

In SSB64, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jiggs, and Link made up just under half the roster, split fairly evenly

In SSBM, Doc, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pikachu, Pichu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Link, Zelda, Y.Link, and 'Dorf made up just MORE than half the roster.

If we indeed get 40 characters, as most of us seem to expect, than we can expect about 20 characters from the 3 big franchises. That works out to almost 7 (!!!) characters each.
Interesting theory, but I think there's a certain saturation point for major franchises. The Mario Universe doesn't have a whole lot to offer anymore, for example, all the main recurring characters already made it, except for Toad, who seems to still be a b move only.

But the point is, Sakurai might decide to use this game to represent some smaller franchises.
And there's no way for us to tell yet which way he leans. Expand present representation or give chances to smaller competitors...

One could argue that the Kirby universe is only deserving of 3 reps if the former theory is true, but then again, Sakurai is naturally biased for his own franchise.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Here's my thoughts of 1 pokemon that will be interesting in brawl.

Eevee!!!

Ok I'm serious. Eevee can evolve into 7 different pokemon. How do u include all of them in brawl? Here's how: When u press Down B while using Eevee, it will glow for 5 seconds. In that time, press up to evolve into Vaporeon, left to evolve into Jolteon, right into Flareon, down into Espeon, Attack button to evolve into Umbreon, B to evolve into Leafeon & shield button to evolve into Glaceon.

When Eevee is glowing, it will not move & it will be invincible. When u want to change pokemon, press Down B to transform back to Eevee first then do Down B.

Ok now to Eevee's moveset

B: Double Kick

Up B: Quick Attack ( Same as Pikachu's)

Side B: Take Down

Down B: Evolution

Vaporeon:

B: Water Gun

Up B: Aqua Jet

Side B: Bubblebeam

Jolteon:

B: Thundershock

Up B: Thunder Wave (Launches it upwards)

Side B: Pin Missile

Flareon:

B: Ember

Up B: Fire Spin ( Spinning attack like Bowser's up B)

Side B: Fire Fang

Espeon:

B: Psybeam

Up B: Confusion

Side B: Zen Headbutt

Umbreon:

B: Faint Attack

Up B: Pursuit

Side B: Payback (Its damage increase when its damage percentage is high)

Leafeon:

B: Magical Leaf

Up B: Energy Ball ( Works like PK Thunder)

Side B: Leaf Blade

Glaceon:

B: Ice Shard

Up B: Icy Wind

Side B: Hail

Final Smash: Last Resort

When the pokemon gets a smash ball, it changes back to Eevee & glows. It then shoots out 7powers at the same time. Surf (A huge wave), Zap cannon ( An electric explosion similar to Mario's FS), Overheat ( A straight beam of fire), Psychic ( A huge shield of psychic power, damage when touched), Dark Pulse (A dark blast in all direction), Leaf Storm ( A leaf tornado) & Ice Beam ( A beam of ice).

Eevee for brawl!!!

kaid

Smash Master
Interesting theory, but I think there's a certain saturation point for major franchises. The Mario Universe doesn't have a whole lot to offer anymore, for example, all the main recurring characters already made it, except for Toad, who seems to still be a b move only.

But the point is, Sakurai might decide to use this game to represent some smaller franchises.
And there's no way for us to tell yet which way he leans. Expand present representation or give chances to smaller competitors...

One could argue that the Kirby universe is only deserving of 3 reps if the former theory is true, but then again, Sakurai is naturally biased for his own franchise.
While that is true to a point, I mainly bring that argument out against people who think even 5 pokereps are too much.

Personally, 5 or 6 per major franchise, and some expansion of the smaller franchises (Kirby, Metroid, Starfox, perhaps FE) is fine with me. We can be pretty sure there will be some character that uses the Leaf symbol, and there's at least one symbol that hasn't been revealed yet (The icon for "World 19" has not been uploaded, but "World 20" is Sonic's icon, and there may be more after that)

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Well my vote has already come true so im happy. (charizard) im curious if lucario will get in.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Wow, am I in a minority. XD

...I mean, come on. Gengar appears in the opening scene of the original games. That's gotta be worth something.

(And can someone clue me in on what Lucario's deal is? I've been out of touch with the series since Ruby/Sapphire.)

kaid

Smash Master
His deal is that he is one of the frontrunners for showing off the NEW pokemon, from D/P.

There are a couple reasons for this, many of which Blacklight will argue are not significant.

Black/Light

Smash Master
IMO the whole formula showing the increase in the top 3 series really doesn't fly well. I think that they just got the most logical spots for their most important characters. . . I REALLY don't think SSB4 will have 10 Mario characters "Just because" when only 5-6 are are important enuff to the series to logicaly get in (Mario/ Luigi/ Bowser/ Peach/ Toad and maybe Bower Jr).

At this point I think the top series get a set number of characters and stop at that set number (as in, once the most important roles and characters are in place there will be no more adding of 2-3 more characters to those series so they have reached their limate in other words).

I have my own personal formula for the roles character's of series get in by and may dig it up later.:p

There are a couple reasons for this, many of which Blacklight will argue are not significant.
. . . .Wow, so now Lucario fan-boys are starting to toss my Uname around when talking about Lucario? Never thought such a thing would happen. . . .as if I slipped someone's moma. .

Lucario's "deal".
New 4th gen "cool fighting type" pokemon who was in a movie 2 years ago. There. (And before anyone bashes me Im simply stating the reasons most Lucario fan's seem to like him)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
^^^I like fire attacks so I chose Blaziken. . .

Really, he seems like the perfect fighter for such a game. Lucario looks coo and all but that seems to be his calm to fam. . . he just looks coo (not too strong from what I hear).

Plus, I don't really like the whole movie thing. It seems way too easy for a pokemon to get popular just by being in a movie. . . plus if pokemon were choosen by movie than we would only get Deoxy and Lucario (don't likey Deoxy). Blaziken is great imo because it's just a greatly popular popkemon that has nothing like a movie/ anime specail to give him the fad fan fav I see with Lucario. People have always (and still do now) wanted Blaziken in and that says something more than "new movie pokemon!!! Coo!" imo.

But a pre-evolved form of Blaziken was in the same movie as Lucairo. im watching it right now. so really. it -sorta- in a movie.

Black/Light

Smash Master
okay....that is total bullsh*t .just becuase pokemon trainer is in doesnt mean lucario wont be.thats like saying kirby had two reps that couldnt allow a third one.but that happened.
I don't think it's "bullsh*t" seeing how Red works (he is 3 friggin characters in one. . . If we get no more new pokemon than you know da*n well why).

Simple logic IMO. How much time and energy do you see them putting into more Pokemon characters after making 3 Pokemon playable characters? I wouldn't sat my hopes too high for any more NEW pokemon.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I think Lucario has the best chance, of the list, Marowak would be coolest to get in, and my dream brawler is Honchkrow, even though I do realize he has about as good a chance of playability as Missigno.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Honchkrow, eh?
Well, he's okay.
I wouldn't hope for anything more than a pokeball, though.

While I'm here though
B: Dark Pulse
>B: Night Slash/Drill Peck
^B: Wing Attack
VB: Haze/Nasty Plot
FS: Murkrow Swarm/Sky Attack

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I don't think it's "bullsh*t" seeing how Red works (he is 3 friggin characters in one. . . If we get no more new pokemon than you know da*n well why).

Simple logic IMO. How much time and energy do you see them putting into more Pokemon characters after making 3 Pokemon playable characters? I wouldn't sat my hopes too high for any more NEW pokemon.

mabye but original movesets doesnt seems to be much of a problem this time.most of the AT have original movesets.

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
Here's my thoughts of 1 pokemon that will be interesting in brawl.

Eevee!!!

Ok I'm serious. Eevee can evolve into 7 different pokemon. How do u include all of them in brawl? Here's how: When u press Down B while using Eevee, it will glow for 5 seconds. In that time, press up to evolve into Vaporeon, left to evolve into Jolteon, right into Flareon, down into Espeon, Attack button to evolve into Umbreon, B to evolve into Leafeon & shield button to evolve into Glaceon.

When Eevee is glowing, it will not move & it will be invincible. When u want to change pokemon, press Down B to transform back to Eevee first then do Down B.

Ok now to Eevee's moveset

"blahblahblah"

When the pokemon gets a smash ball, it changes back to Eevee & glows. It then shoots out 7powers at the same time. Surf (A huge wave), Zap cannon ( An electric explosion similar to Mario's FS), Overheat ( A straight beam of fire), Psychic ( A huge shield of psychic power, damage when touched), Dark Pulse (A dark blast in all direction), Leaf Storm ( A leaf tornado) & Ice Beam ( A beam of ice).

Eevee for brawl!!!
Just what I was thinking, evee was never one of my favorite pokemon but for smash It looks like it would be lots of fun!

Wrath`

Smash Master
mabye but original movesets doesnt seems to be much of a problem this time.most of the AT have original movesets.
At's have one or two moves , so no duh it will not be hard to make an at, but playible characters have a hell of alot more meaning more time to be invested and more disc space to be used

rayecho

Smash Ace
pt is one character, not 4. so there are pokemon that still have a chance, LIKE LUCARIO. I dont see many other pokemon getting it in besides mew2 and maybe jiggs.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Lucario Will be in the game end of story!

I really hope you're right. Lucario would be amazing in this game, and I'm fed up with all the haters. Mewtwo fanboys feel threatened that Lucario might replace it. I hope they both get in though, so I can pwn Mewtwo over and over with Lucario.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Eisenherz said:
I really hope you're right. Lucario would be amazing in this game, and I'm fed up with all the haters. Mewtwo fanboys feel threatened that Lucario might replace it. I hope they both get in though, so I can pwn Mewtwo over and over with Lucario.
Shame that neither will be in =|

rayecho

Smash Ace
this thread needs to be updated, and soon

lucario can replace mewtwo, its just that it probably wont happen, replacing jiggs is a different story........

Top Bottom