• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys is a pokeball, just thought id make that correction from windsquirrel.

Anyway, what i think is that star fox was in space and invaded Rayquaza's space in space. so rayquaza attacked fox and because of that he had to make an emergency landing and rayquaza was waiting underwater for fox to come so he could attack but diidy got in the way.

Han

Smash Rookie
I believe that another possible Pokemon in the field is unlikely. With Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer already in Brawl for sure, plus Jigglypuff (I know, I know) who WAS one of the original 12, I don't think it is likely for there to be a fourth playable Pokemon character. I would, however, like to see all of the Pokemon debated as possible pokeball Pokemon. I think that benefits everyone.

rayecho

Smash Ace
lucario, jiggs, and maybe mewtwo/blaziken

thats it. those are the only pokemon with the chance of making it in brawl

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I believe that another possible Pokemon in the field is unlikely. With Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer already in Brawl for sure, plus Jigglypuff (I know, I know) who WAS one of the original 12, I don't think it is likely for there to be a fourth playable Pokemon character. I would, however, like to see all of the Pokemon debated as possible pokeball Pokemon. I think that benefits everyone.
how can you say it's unlikely? I'm sure we will at least get 2 more or 3 tops besides Pikachu & Pokemon Trainer, who I beleive we'll possibly get as playble charcter are Mewtwpo, Lucario, or Jiggs/Blazakin, but personally I wouldn't want to see Jiggs back even though she was part of the original 12

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Deoxys is a pokeball, just thought id make that correction from windsquirrel.

Anyway, what i think is that star fox was in space and invaded Rayquaza's space in space. so rayquaza attacked fox and because of that he had to make an emergency landing and rayquaza was waiting underwater for fox to come so he could attack but diidy got in the way.
How would that work since Fox was shot down by the Halberd?

Also, is there anyproof that Rayquaza is a boss and not only making a cutscene appearance because he got knocked out by his own attack? Rayquaza might have been shot by the Halberd and fell into the water, then got angry and took it out on Fox and Diddy only to get angrier by having his own attack reflected on him. I'm probably wrong though.

Anyone who wonders why Rayquaza got knocked out so easily by Fox should know that Rayquaza's attacks are better than his defenses, and with reflector doubling the damage, he's gonna feel a lot of pain from his own blast...especially if the attack turns out to be Dragon Pulse. Any speculations on what the attack actually is? It's definitely not Hyper Beam since Deoxys uses it and it looks much different. I'm guessing Dragon Pulse because of the above speculation I made.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
So you think Mewtwo won't be in Brawl, despite the fact that he was supposed to be in the first and was the most wanted Pokemon in Melee?

Han

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo has a unique movelist, though in reality it is a partial clone of Samus, which seems to be a good indicator of return-ability, but I don't think Mewtwo has what it takes to be a returning veteran. I would like to be proven wrong, but Mewtwo isn't an inherently good character. There are always exceptions, of course, I know of some Mewtwo masters, but I feel that with Pkmn Trainer, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff (Who I still believe will be in Brawl) if they have another Player Character from the Pokemon series, it will be something new. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will see Mewtwo in Brawl.

Boofer

Smash Ace
They need to make a Pokemon smash bros. game that includes all of the most popular pokemon. Unlikely, but I think it's a cool idea. Too many pokemon have the potential for a great moveset. Unfortunately, pokemon's popularity is decreasing, but I would definitely get it even though I haven't played a pokemon game in years.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Mewtwo has a unique movelist, though in reality it is a partial clone of Samus, (O.O Where we playing the same Melee???) which seems to be a good indicator of return-ability, but I don't think Mewtwo has what it takes to be a returning veteran. (??? Elaborate) I would like to be proven wrong, but Mewtwo isn't an inherently good character. (You mean like Bowser and Kirby?) There are always exceptions, of course, I know of some Mewtwo masters, but I feel that with Pkmn Trainer, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff (Who I still believe will be in Brawl) if they have another Player Character from the Pokemon series, it will be something new. (PT is new >_>) It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will see Mewtwo in Brawl.
Relax. We will.

OmegaXXII

Mewtwo has a unique movelist, though in reality it is a partial clone of Samus, which seems to be a good indicator of return-ability, but I don't think Mewtwo has what it takes to be a returning veteran. I would like to be proven wrong, but Mewtwo isn't an inherently good character. There are always exceptions, of course, I know of some Mewtwo masters, but I feel that with Pkmn Trainer, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff (Who I still believe will be in Brawl) if they have another Player Character from the Pokemon series, it will be something new. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will see Mewtwo in Brawl.
of course it's just your opinion, just because you don't like Mewtwo doesn't mean he ain't gonna show up, Mewtwo was by far the most requested pokemon form Melee, and plus WTH!!! do you say Mewtwo is a "partial-clone" of Samus? just because they have one move in common which is their charger doesn't mean they are clones!! that's like saying Samus & Megaman are just because they have that same move as well, that doesn't make sense!

Han

Smash Rookie
do you say Mewtwo is a "partial-clone" of Samus? just because they have one move in common which is their charger doesn't mean they are clones!! that's like saying Samus & Megaman are just because they have that same move as well, that doesn't make sense!
The similarities go just a hair farther than that. Mewtwo's down smash and Samus's non smash down-A attack are very similar attacks, even dealing similar damage. (Samus equals 14% while a C-Stick down smash for mewtwo doing 15% damage.) The vice-versa for Mewtwo's non smash down A and Samus's Smash down, which in both cases are a 360 leg or tail spin around with very similar range. (Though they don't do as similar a damage percentage, Samus's being stronger.) I admit, that is where the similarities stop, but that is why I declared them partial clones. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

OmegaXXII

The similarities go just a hair farther than that. Mewtwo's down smash and Samus's non smash down-A attack are very similar attacks, even dealing similar damage. (Samus equals 14% while a C-Stick down smash for mewtwo doing 15% damage.) The vice-versa for Mewtwo's non smash down A and Samus's Smash down, which in both cases are a 360 leg or tail spin around with very similar range. (Though they don't do as similar a damage percentage, Samus's being stronger.) I admit, that is where the similarities stop, but that is why I declared them partial clones. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
point taken, indeed I see what you were trying to say, but I wouldn't really call them partial-clone since it's only a similar smash + charger, and yea I believe Mewtwo will return to Brawl maybe and hopefully with a modified moveset and a bit more heavyness but other than that he's perfect the way he is

Han

Smash Rookie
point taken, indeed I see what you were trying to say, but I wouldn't really call them partial-clone since it's only a similar smash + charger, and yea I believe Mewtwo will return to Brawl maybe and hopefully with a modified moveset and a bit more heavyness but other than that he's perfect the way he is
I agree, I hope Mewtwo will return.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I just thought of an idea that may have already been suggested. A Poke Ball idea, anyhow.

I think Mime Jr would be awesome as a Pokeball Pokemon, although the idea won't exactly be original. In Melee, wasn't Ditto supposed to transform into your character and fight alongside you? Personally, I'd like Mime Jr to have this role. In the anime Mime Jr is known for using Mimic to well...imitate anyone and everyone. I think he could do this in Brawl too, acting as a Nana at least. Mime Jr would follow behind your character and do everything s/he does, which would make for some nice combos...and it'd make the Ice Climbers even more dangerous. I think it'd be hilarious.

Or I guess Mime Jr could just use Teeter Dance to confuse everyone's controls on the field, but I just hope Mime Jr makes it in as a Poke Ball Pokemon. He's awesome.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Rawr, my internet went off before I could post a reply yesterday.

I saved it, though.

Hey, it's just my opinion. Don't take it personally.
I didn't take it personally, I was just mildly disgusted.

Sorry for being harsh. ...again.

But not only did the argument not make a whole lot of sense because they have two somewhat similar moves ( there would be a lot of these so-called "partial clones" then ), but even if a clone moveset was a factor... it's not like these things can't be changed. Heck, they aren't a factor. It's not like Mewtwo's "clone" moves are even clone moves because they don't even use remotely the same motion, which is pretty much the whole point of the clones in Melee, as the copying of motions was much faster to do than to make completely new movesets. Since they made new motions for them, that means they didn't have such time constraints while designing the moves, ergo: They don't care.

And to explain my initial harshness, your post painfully reminded me of instances where some lobotomy patients tried to argue that Ganondorf won't come back because they allegedly said "no clones".
And I heard that someone made the argument that Sonic can't be in because he would be a Jigglypuff clone.
These things make my head hurt.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another set of Poke Ball Pokemon ideas.

Doduo

Doduo dashes around, using Drill Peck on foes.

Haunter

Haunter fires Shadow Ball on one of your opponents.

Houndoom

Houndoom unleashes a Flamethrower attack on your opponents.

Shuppet

Shuppet gets a grip on one of your foes and uses Curse. That foe will take damage from the Curse for up to 15 seconds.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I just thought of an idea that may have already been suggested. A Poke Ball idea, anyhow.

I think Mime Jr would be awesome as a Pokeball Pokemon, although the idea won't exactly be original. In Melee, wasn't Ditto supposed to transform into your character and fight alongside you? Personally, I'd like Mime Jr to have this role. In the anime Mime Jr is known for using Mimic to well...imitate anyone and everyone. I think he could do this in Brawl too, acting as a Nana at least. Mime Jr would follow behind your character and do everything s/he does, which would make for some nice combos...and it'd make the Ice Climbers even more dangerous. I think it'd be hilarious.

Or I guess Mime Jr could just use Teeter Dance to confuse everyone's controls on the field, but I just hope Mime Jr makes it in as a Poke Ball Pokemon. He's awesome.
Thats actually a really cool idea.

Bonsly could use FAKE CRY!
Fake Tears....

OmegaXXII

^obviously those people are wrong, we will indeed see alot of new pokemon (in pokeballs that is) and I say at least 1 new playable pokemon such as Lucario or Blazakin (which I'm hoping for)

Top Bottom