• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
So, I've sort of fallen out of pace with the Pokemon series (as in I did years ago). Is Lucario actually a staple Pokemon in the series, or is it just one that many people consider to be "cool"?

kaid

Smash Master
He and mew appear together in the title sequence, reffering to the 8th movie- Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Ash gets bumped down to costar status... Lucario's the main character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
So, I've sort of fallen out of pace with the Pokemon series (as in I did years ago). Is Lucario actually a staple Pokemon in the series, or is it just one that many people consider to be "cool"?

The latter is correct. Not a staple but the new "cool" mon that co starred in a movie with Mew 2 years ago. Theres all the info that needed to be known from where I stand.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
shiny kricketune ftw! (lol it was the only shiny i ever naturally encountered in pearl due to EV training against them)

... but in all seriousness... jolteon! not other EV evolutions, just jolteon. He could use sand attack and quick attack and thunderbolt and SWIFT! and just btw (offtopic) Jolteon is far underrated as a special sweeper in D/P he is fast has good special attack and is electric

Black/Light

Smash Master
Exactly right. Essentially the same role Jigglypuff had back in the day.
. . .What? Jpuff was a cute/ female figure re-occorning comic relief character in the first few seasons of the anime and was/is the 2nd most popular pokemon. . . not a pokemon that's had one anime appearance 2 years ago:ohwell:

Im hoping that was a joke.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Lucario starred in one of the better Pokémon movies ( My second favorite to Celebi's movie). His role in that movie boosted his fame. He is seen as a sort of "cooler badass" Pokémon. But not Badass in the way Mewtwo, with destroying a lab because he was mad. More badass in the way Luke Skywalker is badass.
Lucario hasn't had an appearance in the anime (except for the title sequence) and the one way to obtain him in the game is to help out a guy named Riley get through a cave.

Many people want him in brawl because he is "cool" and because he "fits into the game" (whatever that means). I only really want him due to him being a favorite of mine. Not because everyone else does. My favorite Pokémon Tyranitar, isn't likely to get in as playable. My second favorite Charizard is playable now. I would be content with Charizard. But I see no reason why Lucario won't be at least considered.

Reds is goin to suck horriblely am i right?
How do you know that? You haven't even played him yet.

Lucario starred in one of the better Pokémon movies ( My second favorite to Celebi's movie). His role in that movie boosted his fame. He is seen as a sort of "cooler badass" Pokémon. But not Badass in the way Mewtwo, with destroying a lab because he was mad. More badass in the way Luke Skywalker is badass.
Lucario hasn't had an appearance in the anime (except for the title sequence) and the one way to obtain him in the game is to help out a guy named Riley get through a cave.

Many people want him in brawl because he is "cool" and because he "fits into the game" (whatever that means). I only really want him due to him being a favorite of mine. Not because everyone else does. My favorite Pokémon Tyranitar, isn't likely to get in as playable. My second favorite Charizard is playable now. I would be content with Charizard. But I see no reason why Lucario won't be at least considered.
He's not cool or badass... >_>; Those are all stupid opinions... don't compare him to luke skywalker... Luke skywalker didn't get his *** kicked by an eternally prepubescent kid and then sacrifice his life to a tree... Also lucario didn't even get to fight any pokemon (all his attacks missed against the regis)

Anyway, lucario is just an overrated pokemon... He's not good in the games and he's not good in the movies.

raidenwing

Smash Cadet
i demand pokemon who have already been announced as something be taken away so the poll can be better and the right pokemon can pass on to the next round. get rid of charizard, meowth, and deoxys.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

zangoose. the greatest and most angry mongoose to grace the pogeymanz universe!

shiny zangoose looks way awesome too! (but a couldn't find a good pic of it)

edit: wait, just found a fan made drawing:

blue stripe + red claws FTW!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
He's not cool or badass... >_>; Those are all stupid opinions... don't compare him to luke skywalker... Luke skywalker didn't get his *** kicked by an eternally prepubescent kid and then sacrifice his life to a tree... Also lucario didn't even get to fight any pokemon (all his attacks missed against the regis)

Anyway, lucario is just an overrated pokemon... He's not good in the games and he's not good in the movies.
Wow.. Really My opinions are stupid? Thanks for the respect. Wait...

I can compare Lucario to whoever I want. I choose Luke Skywalker because he is heroic is a cool way. I don't see what the problem is.

Lucario never got his butt kicked by Ash. Ash Knocked him down but thats it. Did you ever even watch the movie? Lucario gets blinded by dirt and then proceeds to knock out three Houndoom.So don't tell me he didn't fight anything. His attacks against the Regi's where merely meant to slow them down. Not to defeat them. He sacrificed his life to the Tree of beginning because he wanted to be a part of something bigger than himself. Especially when he felt as bad as he did for doubting his friend.
Watch the movie next time.

I don't know what prompted you to attack me.... but whatever. I don't need to argue with you.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The best thing about Bidoof, is that he is the only Counterpick character for Captain Falcon. It's true. Sakurai told me.

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
Bidoof is in. It's been given it's own moveset, which Sakurai actually thought was so great, he got rid of Captain Falcon's moveset, and made Captain Falcon a clone of Bidoof.

dbz22

Smash Apprentice
I see blazeiken, mewoth, and lucario as the new pokemon. Why is evryone asyind deoxys if he is a poke-ball?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I see blazeiken, mewoth, and lucario as the new pokemon. Why is evryone asyind deoxys if he is a poke-ball?

WTF he's already been deconfirmed to be playable, but I do gotta agree Lucario and Blazakin should get in, especially Mewtwo

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I love Eevee and Flareon and Jolteon and Vaporeon and Umbreon and Espeon and Leafeon and Glaceon. That would be a great pokeball, Eevee comes out and evolves into one of his forms and attacks.

Top Bottom