• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
darkia uses night shade and after a few seconds it starts to get to where you can see and it stops goin and darkia moves from corner to corner attacking everything in its path( when you can barley see him he starts to attack)

garados uses wirlpool and like the wirlwinds in the first super smash in link's stage the opponents take damage while in the whirlpool and it flings them up

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Plusle/Minum would be very sweet. Sporting the Ice Climbers duo gameplay is very nice. Suprised to see it on there.

Since they threw the three starters from Leaf Green/Fire Red, I doubt more than three-quarters of that list will make it. The PKMN would have to be either exotic, very unique, and rare to make it since they meshed Chairzard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle into one.

But that Plusle/Minum combination is very innovative, I would definately love to see that. Probably as an alternte costume, they can aesthetically make Minum/Plusle look like two Pichus for Pichu-fans who are complaining about Pichu getting the boot.

I had always wished they had armored Mewtwo from the movie, that design would have looked very nice, and probably incorporate some Samus/Zero Suit Samus mechanics in armor, but no real gameplay difference, for example, if Mewtwo takes a random amount of damage, his helmet or chestplate-- something he's wearing falls off.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I had always wished they had armored Mewtwo from the movie, that design would have looked very nice, and probably incorporate some Samus/Zero Suit Samus mechanics in armor, but no real gameplay difference, for example, if Mewtwo takes a random amount of damage, his helmet or chestplate-- something he's wearing falls off.
Maybe Mewtwo could have his armor back as a Final Smash!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Mayhaps, perhaps he'd get his armor back as he radiates a blue aura as the armor zooms to it's respective place on his body moments before he unleashes his finisher.

But having his armor in there would be pretty nice to see, and actually, I was considering that he was big, light, and easy to hit, so adding armor would give him a defense boost with the anti-flinching mechanic enabled, and when it falls off, his defense is a bit dubbed down.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I've forgotten that stuff, I'm bleak on those details, it's been ages since I've seen that movie-- but I don't remember it inhibiting his abilities.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Mayhaps, perhaps he'd get his armor back as he radiates a blue aura as the armor zooms to it's respective place on his body moments before he unleashes his finisher.

But having his armor in there would be pretty nice to see, and actually, I was considering that he was big, light, and easy to hit, so adding armor would give him a defense boost with the anti-flinching mechanic enabled, and when it falls off, his defense is a bit dubbed down.
That would be awsome!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
But that Plusle/Minum combination is very innovative, I would definately love to see that. Probably as an alternte costume, they can aesthetically make Minum/Plusle look like two Pichus for Pichu-fans who are complaining about Pichu getting the boot.
IMO, it would be even more of an insult to true Pichu fans if the audience cheers them as "Plusle/Minun" or the victory screen saying "This game's winner is, PLUSLE AND MINUN" when they have the looks of a Pichu.

I would really like it if Pichu magically returned by himself, but I can't see that happening anymore. I would prefer him as a Pokeball character than a costume. Being a costume is sort of demeaning, like how Mr. Saturn was a character in the Mother series but turned into an item that can be thrown around in Smash Bros.

It would be really cool if Mewtwo could have the armor, but its only appearance was in the anime. That's why I don't believe the armor will play an important part in the game if it appears at all. You can argue all you want about Mewtwo's voice being the same from the anime, but that's the only way they could give him a voice without the GB sound effect >_>. Mewtwo's "personality" from the game is not like the anime either; he was more philosophical in the original Japanese movie. The only way I can see Mewtwo having the armor is if it's just a costume and nothing more. The only way I can see Mewtwo's armor playing an important role is if they also have it in another spinoff Pokemon game.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I can't see it being just a costume, because there would need to be too much alterations to be done aesthetically to the original design to be a simple alternate costume. Most of the current alternate costume/color palettes we currently know of are only slightly altered to be a reminiscent of a different character, like Peach's Daisy outfit, Diddy Kong's Dixie dud, so on, and so fourth.

I was just thinking since they're adding more gameplay mechanics, that giving Mewtwo breakable armor similar to Zero Suit Samus would be nice to have so it can add different strategies when playing as him.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
the armor weakened mewtwo but it made his attacks accurate or something like that (focus or something enhanced)

im wondering what his finally smash will be
Yeah the armor weaking mewtwo could make mewtwo more balanced. So mewtwo wont be super slow to counter attack this strength. Almost like how Ike is super slow but really powerful.

Maybe this could be his final smash.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, now that you guys mention it, giving Mewtwo the armor would make sense. After all, it did make him weaker... and in reality, Mewtwo should be powerful enough to completely destroy most characters in the game with the flick of a hand.
So the armor would serve to make him heavier and to justify his lack of overwhelming power compared to the likes of Pikachu and whoever else appears...

And his Final Smash would be to take the armor off.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm all for lucario, he actually fits pretty well. People bash him because they are upset that their ridiculous pokemon of choice isn't suited to brawl.

Gardevoir as a playable character XD

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I see Lucario as a Pokeball poke, I dunno why.
Gardy got confirmed as a Pokeball pokemon too, and I know right as rain that despite all my prayers,

Ditto=/=Brawl

Fawriel

Smash Master
What I find funny is that many of the people bashing Lucario are only against him due to the obnoxiousness of his fans, and that they tend to be rather obnoxious about that.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I feel that I must be one of the few Darkrai supporters out there. o_o

Really, he's got the same reasons as Lucario, is much cooler, and has higher status in games...but no one supports the guy,...er thing.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, idk about you Fawriel, but most of the "Lucario bashers" I see are only "bashing" his obnoxious fanboys (theres alot of them). I, being one of these people, mearly say that the thing aint a shoe-in so don't count your chikens before they hatch. But we all know what fanboys do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy .

And Pieman0920, Darkrai is also a pokemon I support. Theres a thread somewhere around that has a pretty good amount of fans on it.

charrr

Smash Cadet
Well, idk about you Fawriel, but most of the "Lucario bashers" I see are only "bashing" his obnoxious fanboys (theres alot of them). I, being one of these people, mearly say that the thing aint a shoe-in so don't count your chikens before they hatch. But we all know what fanboys do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy .

And Pieman0920, Darkrai is also a pokemon I support. Theres a thread somewhere around that has a pretty good amount of fans on it.
The thread is right here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110102

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
As I've pointed out endlessly, Darkrai is not only unlikely, but pretty much impossible.
Darkrai was officially revealed to Japan in the March 2007 edition of Coro Coro. It is yet to be officially acknowledged elsewhere.
From Bulbapedia, the best Pokemon Wiki on the InterWebz.
Now, that's a bit of a problem, isn't it?

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i agree.

And ALMOST anyone who plays pokemon diamond/pearl has of of darkrai. Which the last time i checked, is a lot of people.

not all have one. Srry **** darkrai in the game he was way to cheap to use.
Im a dragon user myself. I mean every time i went up against a darkrai i couldn't even lay a hit on them. but i do support him in brawl if he's turns out not to be cheap. :)

MysticKenji

Smash Master
not all have one. Srry **** darkrai in the game he was way to cheap to use.
Im a dragon user myself. I mean every time i went up against a darkrai i couldn't even lay a hit on them. but i do support him in brawl if he's turns out not to be cheap. :)
Darkrai is not cheap.
Darkrai is uber.
Just like Mewtwo.
And look what happened to him.

Also, trying to fight Ubers with non-Ubers not named Blissey is like trying to fight fire with wine.

Top Bottom