• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters
This page of posts makes me want to vomit out my intestines... >_>; you guys don't know anything about pokemon... seriously...

In other news: Ummm, porygon-z > lucario

MysticKenji

Smash Master
This page of posts makes me want to vomit out my intestines... >_>; you guys don't know anything about pokemon... seriously...
I hope you're not including me in this. >_>

In other news: Ummm, porygon-z > lucario
True.
Porygon-Z is scarfed and is therefore faster than Lucario and uses HP [Fighting] for the KO
Oh wait, you weren't talking about the metagame, weren't you?

Yo~Yo

Smash Cadet
heh

I...personally think hitmonlee would be quite interesting...knowing hes not as popular as most pokemon like pikachu,pichu etc.(melee pokemon) plus hes a fighting type...i think seeing him would be awesome in brawl

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I hope you're not including me in this. >_>

True.
Porygon-Z is scarfed and is therefore faster than Lucario and uses HP [Fighting] for the KO
Oh wait, you weren't talking about the metagame, weren't you?
Scarf Porygon-Z can't OHKO Lucario with HP Fighting, silly.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
...When did I say it was a OHKO? I just said it could KO Lucario.

EDIT: After doing some calcs, it turns out to be a 2HKO instead.
However, Lucario can't OHKO it back, so Porygon-Z still wins.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I will say it here and now. As you all are my witnessess I state on Monday October 28 2007 mewtwo will be conformed

I am most likely wrong but if im right than i am just that sweet!:chuckle:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
NO.
sigh* What does this have to do with anything?

ROY, I call upon you!
Logically, the roster was probably decided back in January or December. But that's debatable. My point is that Darkrai is unlikely.
Most people only have Darkrai because of the stupid E4 surfing glitch in the Japanese version of D/P.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
And you say that under what means? ROY! I call upon you! You who got into melee BEFORE your respective game was even released!
Apples and oranges, dear.
D/P's been out in Japan since October, and and since April in the U.S. So it wouldn't be a situation of advance promotion.
Prove to me that Sakurai is aware of Darkrai's existence, or I'l continue to give that suggestion the treatment it deserves.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Apples and oranges, dear.
D/P's been out in Japan since October, and and since April in the U.S. So it wouldn't be a situation of advance promotion.
Prove to me that Sakurai is aware of Darkrai's existence, or I'l continue to give that suggestion the treatment it deserves.
Umm, IDK if you know this or not but TP Link model was shown to be in brawl at E3 06. . . a year before the actual game came out. And it aint "apples and oranges dear", its called showing that Sakurai can KNOW OF and add in a character from a game that had yet to come out. If thats the case than he could very well know of and add in a pokemon from the DP games thats been there from as early as any other DP pokemon but just hasn't been released to the world as soon as the others. (Ya do know it takes a LOOONG time to make those movies. . . by no means is Darkrai a spair of the moment pokemon or anything.)

And you are the one claiming that Sakurai didn't know about Darkrai there for I ask you to prove this seeing as Im not the one claiming anything other than the fact that Sakurai has insider info on Nintendo series in smash.:ohwell:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I think Lucario has it. I would love to see Pichu Mewtwo and Jiggly out, and Raichu Wiggly and Lucario in. Raichu and Wiggly really to just have em like an upgrade to the older counterparts, and for a completely original, it's gotta be Lucario. The big contenders seemed to be Blaziken, Meowth, Munchlax, and Gardevoir, but guess what, theyr all in pokeballs now (except blaziken, but they do have torchic so close enough). My top pick was munchlax, but lucario was always my second. I can see him as fast, sort of small, and really agile, sort of like fox from melee, but just a tad slower and with some magical attacks. aura sphere n e 1?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
...When did I say it was a OHKO? I just said it could KO Lucario.

EDIT: After doing some calcs, it turns out to be a 2HKO instead.
However, Lucario can't OHKO it back, so Porygon-Z still wins.
I'm pretty sure if Lucario survived to use Close Combat or Aura Sphere/ Focus Blast (if it hits), the damage Porygon Z would receive would be much more than his HP, KOing it. Don't get me wrong I like Porygon Z... but I'm just saying Fighting is Super effective to Normal.
Normal types take 200% of the damage given. So if a Lucario dealt out 230 damage (With STAB, this is just an example) Porygon Z would take 460 damage. It'd faint.
It's much better to use Psychic on Lucario as you would actually kill it unless he had a focus Sash, which is common on Lucario.

But this is Metagame talk...

Anyone notice Electivire on the Pokémon Stadium 2 stage? Pretty neat. I wonder if he attacks at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for not checking back, but a few more Poke Ball ideas hit me.

Bastiodon

Bastiodon is like a barrier. Anyone who attacks Bastiodon's face will receive damage from Bastiodon's Metal Burst attack. Bastiodon stays in battle for the whole match, not moving at all. Quite useful when trying to escape from foes.

Ninjask

Fast and dangerous. Ninjask chases after all of your opponents, damaging them with X-Scissor.

Slaking

Slaking pursues a random target and hits him/her with Giga Impact. The attack is very strong, and can lead to quick KOs as well.

Drapion

Drapion attacks the closest target with Cross Poison. The move does decent damage, and may leave the target poisoned for awhile.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not checking back, but a few more Poke Ball ideas hit me.

Bastiodon

Bastiodon is like a barrier. Anyone who attacks Bastiodon's face will receive damage from Bastiodon's Metal Burst attack. Bastiodon stays in battle for the whole match, not moving at all. Quite useful when trying to escape from foes.

Ninjask

Fast and dangerous. Ninjask chases after all of your opponents, damaging them with X-Scissor.

Slaking

Slaking pursues a random target and hits him/her with Giga Impact. The attack is very strong, and can lead to quick KOs as well.

Drapion

Drapion attacks the closest target with Cross Poison. The move does decent damage, and may leave the target poisoned for awhile.

Those r good choices for pokemon in pokeballs

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure if Lucario survived to use Close Combat or Aura Sphere/ Focus Blast (if it hits), the damage Porygon Z would receive would be much more than his HP, KOing it. Don't get me wrong I like Porygon Z... but I'm just saying Fighting is Super effective to Normal.
Normal types take 200% of the damage given. So if a Lucario dealt out 230 damage (With STAB, this is just an example) Porygon Z would take 460 damage. It'd faint.
Actualy, Lucario's Aura Sphere leaves Porygon-Z with 10% of his HP left (STAB factored in/No Choice Specs)
Focus Blast and CC can OHKO, though.

Electivire is awesome, and so are those pokeball suggestions M&SG.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Theres just something about Lucario that i dont like. I cant place my finger on what it is though. Goes the same with the 3 & 4 gen pokemon. The first 2 gen pokemon were the best. especially Aipom

Now he should be a Playable Character in Brawl!
:bigthumbu

Theres just something about Lucario that i dont like. I cant place my finger on what it is though. Goes the same with the 3 & 4 gen pokemon. The first 2 gen pokemon were the best. especially Aipom

Now he should be a Playable Character in Brawl!
:bigthumbu
Aipom? Aipom?!?!? AIPOM?!?!?!

I like aipom i'd prefer her in over lucario...

MIME JR. SHOULD BE IN THE BRAWL THOUGH CAUSE HE IS THE AWESOMEZ!!!!

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna see Hitmonlee/chan back in pokeballs. :D

They've already got Pikachu and the trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, along with the many pokemon that will appear in pokeballs.. I think they've got the Pokemon series pretty well represented. (Maybe throw Jiggs back in there)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I just wanna see Hitmonlee/chan back in pokeballs. :D

They've already got Pikachu and the trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, along with the many pokemon that will appear in pokeballs.. I think they've got the Pokemon series pretty well represented. (Maybe throw Jiggs back in there)
They need Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and another character then the series will be fully represented.
Pokémon Trainer is one character, not three. You control him and he controls the Pokémon. Pikachu, PT, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Lucario/other Character. Five reps for the second highest grossing Nintendo series. That seems right to me. Mario can go ahead and have 5 or 6. It's the highest grossing series in Nintendo history. But just because some people aren't Pokémon fans is no reason to cut out characters.

I'm sure having five Pokémon reps won't kill Smash fans who don't like Pokémon. If there are 40 characters you have 35 other characters to play as. I wouldn't worry about Pokémon taking away the chances of your favorite character.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
They need Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and another character then the series will be fully represented.
Pokémon Trainer is one character, not three. You control him and he controls the Pokémon. Pikachu, PT, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Lucario/other Character. Five reps for the second highest grossing Nintendo series. That seems right to me. Mario can go ahead and have 5 or 6. It's the highest grossing series in Nintendo history. But just because some people aren't Pokémon fans is no reason to cut out characters.

I'm sure having five Pokémon reps won't kill Smash fans who don't like Pokémon. If there are 40 characters you have 35 other characters to play as. I wouldn't worry about Pokémon taking away the chances of your favorite character.
I agree that Jiggs should return, although in my mind it's questionable wether or not she will. Also, you don't control the PT, you control the Pokemon he commands. The only real "control" you have when it comes to the actual PT is when you swap pokemon, so really those are 3 seperate playable characters.

Mind you I am not a hater of Pokemon, rather quite an old fan. I'd still play my Pokemon Yellow/Ruby if my DS and all my games weren't recently stolen. *sob* However, there's already a massive wave of pokemon appearing in Brawl. So far we have 4 playable pokemon characters (and I don't care what anyone says, that is not one character; you have the option of controlling three seperate pokemon.. this is not comparable to the Ice Climbers at all), and several Pokeballs. We may see Jiggs return as well, but I'm still doubting it atm.

As for Mewtwo, I believe he brings with him a very important part of Pokemon, but if he's going to return, he had better be nicely revamped.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
This thread was basically meant for lucario.. The only pokemon people want on are jigglypuff, mewtwo or lucario on these threads, so basically the outcome of who wins is quite obvious considering you don't have jiggly or mewtwo or (might I add) pichu on the list.

I rest my case.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Why do people keep thinking PT is three separate characters? He's three-in-1. >_>

I agree with Tyranno.
I was disagreeing that you control the PT while he controls the Pokemon. This isn't the case. The PT summons one of the three pokemon and you control them, so you're able to control three different characters. I was not implying that these three have their own slots on the character selection screen; just that it is not one character you control, it is three different ones. When talking about it in casual smash conversation, you'd refer to this character as PT, as one, yes. I'm just saying that on a deeper and more technical level, there are three seperate characters here, not one.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I agree with ScaryMunky.

IMO Red is 3 playable characters under one name. From what I gather most people seem to want to see him as only one character as to support the idea that there will be somemore new playable pokemon other than Mew2 and Jpuff.

But it doesn't matter to me. If we get more new pokemon (with or without replacing Puff and Pichu. . . .mew2 stays!) than good, more pokemon. If we DONT get any new pokemon than you all will know why (cause Red is 3 friggin Playable Pokemon Characters).

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I was disagreeing that you control the PT while he controls the Pokemon. This isn't the case. The PT summons one of the three pokemon and you control them, so you're able to control three different characters. I was not implying that these three have their own slots on the character selection screen; just that it is not one character you control, it is three different ones. When talking about it in casual smash conversation, you'd refer to this character as PT, as one, yes. I'm just saying that on a deeper and more technical level, there are three seperate characters here, not one.

I agree with ScaryMunky.

IMO Red is 3 playable characters under one name. From what I gather most people seem to want to see him as only one character as to support the idea that there will be somemore new playable pokemon other than Mew2 and Jpuff.
Well then lets just agree to disagree. It's much better than arguing the point to death.
I as the Pokéfan I am will continue to remain hopeful for five ( or 7 in your point of view) Pokémon Playable characters. To be honest the inclusion of Pokémon in Smash bros. is one of the main reasons I enjoy the series. I do like Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Metroid as well. But Pokémon is and will always be one of the main reasons I play these games. The other is because they are fun. I also hope that if Pokémon gets "over repped" then Mario would get the same treatment.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I agree with ScaryMunky.

But it doesn't matter to me. If we get more new pokemon (with or without replacing Puff and Pichu. . . .mew2 stays!) than good, more pokemon. If we DONT get any new pokemon than you all will know why (cause Red is 3 friggin Playable Pokemon Characters).
I would like to quote my whole post so that no one ups and bashes me for the first part.;)

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
Lucario would fit in because he could kinda replace Mewtwo if they dont bring him back, and he has that aura sphere thing like mewtwo's shadow ball thingy..:confused:

Top Bottom