• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i was actually hoping for meowth to get in, but not as a pokeball. he;s one of the pokemon that was actually important rather than jigglypuff(wtf did they pull that out of)? meowth has been on the show since the beginning and is still in. it qould be cool to use the team rocket meowth cuz then we'd have a talking pokemon.! so, yea!

nbs4mmy

Smash Rookie
I vote cubone/marowak as pokeballs. They could be great, they throw bones and when anyone gets two close the smash them away with a bone!

Wrath`

Smash Master
i see it as 1 character, not 3. PT takes up one slot on the character select screen, which makes him one character. so that will leave the game with at least two or three other playable pokemon.
Do you fools ever think of disc space? geeze, he is one character game wise, but in terms of dics space he is 3 people, and dics space> slot space

If I have to say this one more time...............

Fawriel

Smash Master
Do you fools ever think of disc space? geeze, he is one character game wise, but in terms of dics space he is 3 people, and dics space> slot space

You can say that as often as you like, it still doesn't matter.

I mean. Think about it.

Pokeballs.
Assist Trophies.
Fox's Final Smash.
Pit's Final Smash.
Smashville.
Lylat Cruise.
Et cetera.

There are so many needlessly elaborate things in this game just because it's pretty. Little extras just for fun.
Don't you think that playable characters would take priority over cute little extras? I do.

They make giant stages and whole armies of non-playable characters who even occasionally display very own moves and AI.

This is not Melee.

Disc space does not matter. Effort does not matter.

Fox can "turn into" a battle tank. Samus has the gimmick of turning into a whole new character by using her Final Smash and in that way only. Pit's Final Smash summons one giant character and numerous others.
I hope you see what I'm getting at with this.

The Pokemon Trainer is just one really elaborate character.

And that's that.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
The Pokemon Trainer is just one really elaborate character.
Gonna put that in my sig if it's cool with you.

Anyone know the amount of disc space on a wii game? I'm just curious.

As far as I see it. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority over any newcomers. I can only really see the possibility of one more Pokémon newcomer.
Thus leaving the Pokémon roster at 5.
1.Pikachu
2.Jigglypuff
3.Mewtwo
4. Pokémon Trainer- Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur
5.Lucario/other

And before anyone uses the excuse that Pokémon has enough representation witht he Pokéballs, realize that Mario has ALOT of representation with items as well.
Red Shell, Green Shell, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Fire Flower, Mario Kart Lightning, Starman, Freezie..etc are all from Mario. Where Pokémon has one Item with different possibilities. I do think it would be cool to have Masterballs or Ultraballs though. Maybe Potions that could act like Maximum Tomatoes..

Black/Light

Smash Master
i see it as 1 character, not 3. PT takes up one slot on the character select screen, which makes him one character. so that will leave the game with at least two or three other playable pokemon.
I said playable pokemon. If anyone complains about there ONLY being 6 playable pokemon (As in J&M2 coming back well Pichu leaves) than they want alil too much from said series IMO.

I really don't care about "slots/ selection screen space/ dics space/ "what IS a character" or any of that BS. If Mew2 and Jpuff come back than they would have officially given us 6 fully playable pokemon in smash and IMO we should be happy to have that.

(Thats alot more than most series and I don't see mario coming out with 7+ playables so thats a number to be content with if it stops with Mew2 and Jpuff.)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman

onii-chan

Smash Ace
And before anyone uses the excuse that Pokémon has enough representation witht he Pokéballs, realize that Mario has ALOT of representation with items as well.
Red Shell, Green Shell, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Fire Flower, Mario Kart Lightning, Starman, Freezie..etc are all from Mario. Where Pokémon has one Item with different possibilities. I do think it would be cool to have Masterballs or Ultraballs though. Maybe Potions that could act like Maximum Tomatoes..

but that doesnt matter when you really think about of course he is going to get that much representation he is like the poster charater of nintendo wasnt he like theyre very first unique charater?

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
but that doesnt matter when you really think about of course he is going to get that much representation he is like the poster charater of nintendo wasnt he like theyre very first unique charater?
USE PUNCTUATION

I have no idea what the hell you're saying

ShoTTa

Smash Cadet
Lucario ftw! I actually was thinking about Mew the other day too. It would be cool if he was an unlockable. He would be like a quicker, light version of Mewtwo with some attacks changed.

ShoTTa

Smash Cadet
Gonna put that in my sig if it's cool with you.

Anyone know the amount of disc space on a wii game? I'm just curious.

As far as I see it. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority over any newcomers. I can only really see the possibility of one more Pokémon newcomer.
Thus leaving the Pokémon roster at 5.
1.Pikachu
2.Jigglypuff
3.Mewtwo
4. Pokémon Trainer- Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur
5.Lucario/other

I totally agree with the different variations of pokeballs. But I'm not so sure about the Pkmn potions. I mean, what would it look like if Samus where to run over and spray on a potion? Remember, in Pokemon, potion on have effect on Pokemon themselves.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Lucario ftw! I actually was thinking about Mew the other day too. It would be cool if he was an unlockable. He would be like a quicker, light version of Mewtwo with some attacks changed.
i haven't thought about mew because it was in a pokeball for the last two games. but i think its a great idea that mew is a playable character.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
AGAIN WIT U PROPER GRAMMAR PEOPLE:mad: ok jus for u

"but that doesn't matter when you really think about it. Of course he is going to get that much representation he is like the poster charater of nintendo wasn't he like they're very first unique charater?"
That wasn't so hard, was it? Mario is the Nintendo Mascot yes. But Pokémon is the second highest grossing game in Nintendo history. I do think it deserves a bit more representation. Either with one more new character or a few more items. But thats me.

I totally agree with the different variations of pokeballs. But I'm not so sure about the Pkmn potions. I mean, what would it look like if Samus where to run over and spray on a potion? Remember, in Pokemon, potion on have effect on Pokemon themselves.
Well in Zelda a heart Piece gives link more life. In Smash Bros. it just heals the fighter. Items can be taken out of their context. I see no problem with Samus healing herself by spraying on a potion.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Petition?
For a game?
Sir, I think you're taking your fanboyism to heart. Just sit back and watch the updates.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
:laugh:

mew would be pretty cool. imagine a transformation to a random pokeball pokemon and he does their attack for one or two seconds and of course legendaries are rare to get. mew would be pretty cool:laugh:

woot 150 post

lucario lucky number 777 jackpot

onii-chan

Smash Ace
That wasn't so hard, was it? Mario is the Nintendo Mascot yes. But Pokémon is the second highest grossing game in Nintendo history. I do think it deserves a bit more representation. Either with one more new character or a few more items. But thats me.

but mario in my opinion is awesome but ur rite pokemon needs some rep but i think PT is goin to give them a bad rep

Well in Zelda a heart Piece gives link more life. In Smash Bros. it just heals the fighter. Items can be taken out of their context. I see no problem with Samus healing herself by spraying on a potion.
they would look funny Samus spray a Full heal on herself

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
THey don't need any more pyschics,
What they need is a fighting pokemon

I mean, this is a FIGHTING GAME..........

Preferably-Hitmontop or Machamp

i hope u know mime jr. has the least chance of getting in...wuts he goin to do copy everyones movesets?
Mime Jr.

Speed: *****
Power: **
Weight: *
Size: About pichu's height
Fall Speed: ***
Attack Speed: *****

ATTACKS
A = Slap, can be used repeatedly 2%
Dash+A = Mime Jr. runs foward and head butts the opponent 4-6%
TILTS
Forward+A = Mime Jr headbutts foward 4-5%
Up+A = Mime Jr. jumps upwards 5-6%
Down+A = Mime Jr. swats downards with his hand 5%

AERIALS
A = Mime Jr. spins around with his arms stretched out. Does damage like mewtwo's electric shock. 4% per half second
Forward+A = Mime Jr. spins again but this time he jets foward a little using his hat like a drill 3-4% per half second
Back+A = Mime Jr. flips backwards and kicks. 4%
Down+A = Mime Jr. kicks downards 7%

SMASHES
Forward+A = Focus Punch, Mime Jr. punches by gathering his focus 8-10% Charged 15-17%
Up+A = Mime Jr's head glows and he jumps upwards with head butt 10-11% Charged 17-19%
Down+A = Mime Jr. spins on his head with his arms stretched outwards 10-13% Charged 16-18%

SPECIALS
B = Mimic- Mime Jr. copies the last used neutral b move until he loses a life.
Forward+B = Barrier- Mime Jr. creates a barrier in front of himself that stays on the field until it accumulates 20% damage. Only one can be placed on the field at once.
Up+B = Baton Pass- Mime Jr. throws a baton upwards. This move only works if someone else touches the baton. If the baton touches someone else you are instantly swapped positions with them.
Down+B = Teeter Dance - Mime Jr. starts dancing oddly and a music notes start flying off him. If a music note hits you your controls get randomly switched and you do damage to yourself like pichu every time you do a move. This lasts 2 seconds at 0% damage and for every 10% it increases half a second. If Mime Jr. is holding an item while he does this move it gets thrown off of him, this can also remove sticky items like gooey bombs or lip's stick flowers

THROWS
Grab- Mime Jr. puts his hand upwards and telekinetically grabs the opponent.
Punch- Mime Jr. puts his other hand to his head and the opponent gets zapped for 2% Damage
Upwards Throw- The opponent is throws upwards for 7% damage. A little bit less knockback than Mewtwo's current upwards throw.
Downwards throw- The opponent is thrown under Mime Jr. and Mime Jr. kicks downward to kick them while they're down. 8% damage
Sideways throw- The enemy is flung the direction Mime Jr. is facing. High Knockback 3% damage.

OTHER
Taunt = Mime Jr. spins around a says his name to the screen.
Final= Trick Room- Everyone swaps position and they get their speed halved. This move lasts 15 seconds. Mime Jr. doesn't swap positions and his speed remains the same, he also heals 25% of his health once this move is actiavted.
Kirby Form = Kirby has a cute red nose and Mime Jr's hat

Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dyBmJiqxWu0 (ignore first clip... >_>; )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Mime Jr.

Speed: *****
Power: **
Weight: *
Size: About pichu's height
Fall Speed: ***
Attack Speed: *****

ATTACKS
A = Slap, can be used repeatedly 2%
Dash+A = Mime Jr. runs foward and head butts the opponent 4-6%
TILTS
Forward+A = Mime Jr headbutts foward 4-5%
Up+A = Mime Jr. jumps upwards 5-6%
Down+A = Mime Jr. swats downards with his hand 5%

AERIALS
A = Mime Jr. spins around with his arms stretched out. Does damage like mewtwo's electric shock. 4% per half second
Forward+A = Mime Jr. spins again but this time he jets foward a little using his hat like a drill 3-4% per half second
Back+A = Mime Jr. flips backwards and kicks. 4%
Down+A = Mime Jr. kicks downards 7%

SMASHES
Forward+A = Focus Punch, Mime Jr. punches by gathering his focus 8-10% Charged 15-17%
Up+A = Mime Jr's head glows and he jumps upwards with head butt 10-11% Charged 17-19%
Down+A = Mime Jr. spins on his head with his arms stretched outwards 10-13% Charged 16-18%

SPECIALS
B = Mimic- Mime Jr. copies the last used neutral b move until he loses a life.
Forward+B = Barrier- Mime Jr. creates a barrier in front of himself that stays on the field until it accumulates 20% damage. Only one can be placed on the field at once.
Up+B = Baton Pass- Mime Jr. throws a baton upwards. This move only works if someone else touches the baton. If the baton touches someone else you are instantly swapped positions with them.
Down+B = Teeter Dance - Mime Jr. starts dancing oddly and a music notes start flying off him. If a music note hits you your controls get randomly switched and you do damage to yourself like pichu every time you do a move. This lasts 2 seconds at 0% damage and for every 10% it increases half a second. If Mime Jr. is holding an item while he does this move it gets thrown off of him, this can also remove sticky items like gooey bombs or lip's stick flowers

THROWS
Grab- Mime Jr. puts his hand upwards and telekinetically grabs the opponent.
Punch- Mime Jr. puts his other hand to his head and the opponent gets zapped for 2% Damage
Upwards Throw- The opponent is throws upwards for 7% damage. A little bit less knockback than Mewtwo's current upwards throw.
Downwards throw- The opponent is thrown under Mime Jr. and Mime Jr. kicks downward to kick them while they're down. 8% damage
Sideways throw- The enemy is flung the direction Mime Jr. is facing. High Knockback 3% damage.

OTHER
Taunt = Mime Jr. spins around a says his name to the screen.
Final= Trick Room- Everyone swaps position and they get their speed halved. This move lasts 15 seconds. Mime Jr. doesn't swap positions and his speed remains the same, he also heals 25% of his health once this move is actiavted.
Kirby Form = Kirby has a cute red nose and Mime Jr's hat

Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dyBmJiqxWu0 (ignore first clip... >_>; )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw
seems like sum one really thought thing through but, do u really think he has a chance compare the hundreds of other pokemon there is?

seems like sum one really thought thing through but, do u really think he has a chance compare the hundreds of other pokemon there is?
Yeah he stand out a fair deal of a lot more than other pokemon. He's pre release fourth gen, he's currently in the anime, he's part of the most popular characters in the anime, and he'd provide a really unique moveset in smash.

I know he doesn't have the best chance but moreso than most other pokemon

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Yeah he stand out a fair deal of a lot more than other pokemon. He's pre release fourth gen, he's currently in the anime, he's part of the most popular characters in the anime, and he'd provide a really unique moveset in smash.

I know he doesn't have the best chance but moreso than most other pokemon
although, you are right...i would rather have him in brawl than that lame PT or even lucraio but it really not up to us i guess of well............=(

Fawriel

Smash Master
THey don't need any more pyschics,
What they need is a fighting pokemon

I mean, this is a FIGHTING GAME..........

Preferably-Hitmontop or Machamp
Why would you voluntarily choose to have a boring physical fighter when we already have a few thousand of them and one of the perks of the whole Smash Bros. business is that you can play as all sorts of things that don't only rely on kicks and punches........?

Also, Lukeyboy/Anubis McDreads has 777 votes. The number of the heavens! Or of luck! Or of poor old gamblers!

Mime Jr. was a good run, but a pokeball will most likely fit him in the game. WHICH MEANS LUCARIO FTW!!!
Mime Jr. will probably end up with that fate, even i aknowledge that... =(

lucario is my least favorite pokemon of all time, if anything i'd rather have ANY other pokemon get in before him. I'd rather NO more pokemon get in than lucario get in

onii-chan

Smash Ace

lucario is my least favorite pokemon of all time, if anything i'd rather have ANY other pokemon get in before him. I'd rather NO more pokemon get in than lucario get in
why is that? he is a popular pokemon this days along wit mime jr. and all the other new ones...why hate lucraio he is awesome

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Mime Jr. for brawl!!!!!!!!!!!
I do recall being flamed to hell by you one day for talking about Lucario. Comparing him to Luke Skywalker or something. I don't hold grudges so whatever.

I really don't see Mime Jr. getting in as a PC. Pokéball yes. Lucario has a high chance, yes. but even he could suffer that fate. Really I want Jigglypuff and Mewtwo back first. Then if we get another Pokémon as playable. I'd like it to be Lucario.

I'm also really glad to have Rayquaza as a boss. At least it looks like he is a boss.

Also one more thing. Pokémon is the only series in Brawl to have a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. I don't really know what I'm getting at, but take that into consideration when you think Pokémon doesn't deserve the huge representation it gets in these games.

Oh and Kenji Flygon rules. I like the Moveset.

rayecho

Smash Ace

if you truly feel that way, pick up the worst character in the game and whoop the **** out of all Lucario mains saying "you still think your good at the game?"

Top Bottom