• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, that's [collapse*][/collapse], without the asterisk, of course.

I couldn't even pick favorites right now, I'm so blown away by the new Pokémon. Not all of them are amazing, but I'm extremely satisfied.

Also, return of Dive is awesome.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh, for that put the word "collapse" in brackets, like the way quotes work.

Gah, ninja'd.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heh... I remember when 4th Gen came out, I could hardly form a team of 6 exclusively from that Gen... Now there're too many to choose from! :laugh:

Proposed team.

/

/

If I can't get one (Zoroark in particular I'm most curious about), just replace with another... piece of cake. Not sure when certain Pkmn are made obtainable, or how, though, so this'll likely meet a facelift come actual game. Probably throw in an Electric type.
Otherwise, yeah, wow. So many to choose from here.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Im kind of tempted to have an in-game sandstorm team...there are so many good options for rock/ground/steel pokemon in this generation. Curse you Desukan for only looking like a rock type.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Afro Buffalo and OctoPringles' stats disappoint me.

But Wargle + Encourage + Brave Bird/someother stuff + Choice Scarf = The Guru of WOO

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Looooove me the normal/psychic legendary.

Its easier for me to put the pokemon that I didn't like then the ones I do.

The Genies: **** them, seriously
Maggyo: the more I like at it the funnier it gets.
Gear: **** this thing, seriously. Should have been 1 pokemon, not 3.

That's it. I'm either okay with every pokemon, incredibly surprised, or loving it. If I had to make a team of 6 at this very moment for fun and for ingame, it would be Meloia, nattorei, hihidaruma, warubiaru, hiyakki, shibirudon.

XACE-K

Smash Master
D@mn, some of the evo numbers are insane. Wargle & Vulture are above 50, the Hydra line is even crazier. Leveling up better be easier this gen cause I'm pretty lazy and don't wanna take forever to evolve 1 pokemon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Caitlin is part of the E4, apparently.

I think this might be my in-game team.

*HM Slave here, possibly

[collapse=SPOILERZ]
[/collapse]

Moozle

Smash Champion
There's no way that I can pick a team at this point, but I think if I had to it would look something like this...

I'll probably throw Desukan somewhere in there. Or Shibirudon. Or some other grass type.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
ROM links floating around 4chan.

Some guy downloads it, say its fake.
Other download it, say it's real.
Others say fake.
Real.
Fake.
Real.
Fake.
Real.
Real.
Real.
Fake.

Nobody knows what the **** is going on.

EVERYONE starts downloading the files aimlessly.

Will tell if legit ROM leaks exist or not within the next 20 minutes.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Weak-kneed sounds like a terrible ability for the Fossil Bird and it probably is. Someone told be that once it's HP goes below 50%, two of it's stats are lowered. I don't have the confirmation link for that though. -_-

Wrath`

Smash Master
Saw this on Pokebeach

According to leaked ROM data, in Generation V, all of Rotom's formes lose their secondary Ghost-type and gain the type of the special attack they learn: Electric / Grass, Electric / Fire, Electric / Water, Electric / Ice, Electric / Flying. We haven't personally confirmed this information yet, however.
Rotom loses some usefulness?

Vermy

Smash Champion
It's an Archeopteryx. I love it.

Not as much as I love that fighting type. =3

And the hydra is all I dreamed of. <3

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The Archeopteryx apparently gets weaker when it's health is below 50%, which sucks. It would be a monstrous mixed sweeper if not for that...

Perhaps its Dream World ability will be more useful (if we get one).

EDIT: Our PC has only 8 boxes. What the hell.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
That's basically already confirmed, however, its not a total loss. The bird still hits and hits hard, and we might be recieving a change to priority this gen it seems.

Speaking of that change to priority, there's a new fire move that has an 80 percent chance to go first. I wonder if this will be a univseral change to all priority moves. I imagine with so many glass cannons running around it will be a much needed change.

What I am most eager to hear now is the list of items available. This will make or break a lot of pokemon, and will be a defining force in the metagame, considering the very odd stats we have recieved.
One example:
If weakness berries are still around, Garchomp will be more powerful than the Axe Dragon.
Then consider all the choice sets. If these were decided to be removed then every single pokemon that relies on a choice item will be weakened.

Meanwhile, some pokemon that could wreck havoc on the metagame, outside of just attacking and ****ing **** up.

Agiruda. At base 145 speed, the only pokemon capable of outspeeding this guy in OU is Ninjask. This pokemon has better bulk than Ninjask, but clearly its speed is what plays importance here. Its abilites are odd, but a blessing in disguise.
Hydration: cures status in the rain
Sticky Hold: prevents this pokemon's item from being lost or Tricked.

Both of these offer it too unique things, granted the right movepool.
Hydration gives it a weird but potential Uber use along side of Drizzle teams as a psychic killer. Its bulk won't stand up to uber attacks, but with its speed and a choice scarf equiped it could take out some top threats. This may prove however to be as gimicky as using Primape in Ubers.

Sticky Hold is where things get awesome. If this guy gets taunt, he's basically going to disrupt everything that we thought was a lead in 4th gen.
Hey Jirachi, you want to Trick items with me? Nope, sorry, got my sticky hold.
Oh Aerodactyl and Azelf, you guys want to set up Rocks? Not today buddy.
Hey there Heatran, I may look like a claim, but I'm considered pure Bug. Won't stop me from using water attacks though.
Depending on its movepool, this pokemon could potentially change leads forever in B/W.

Electric Lampry: A pokemon with no weaknesses (we've been through this before) BUT THREE REISTENCES TWO OF WHICH ACTUALLY MATTER. Not only that, but its bulkier than Spiritomb, not counting his pain split. Then consider that its an electric type and thus will likely have great supportive movepool. There is something though that truly defines this pokemon:

TM72: Volt Change (electric): special, switches out your pokemon after attacking

This pokemon could potentially make a great scout, using its great STAB, resistences, and moderate bulk to scout the field for other pokemon, while also spreading status. A def contender in my book. His only drawback is his speed, but that's surprsingly typical of this generation.

The NOT Luvdisc evo: This won't be hard to explain.
Hydration + Wailord HP + physical defense stat that isn't crap = outstanding physical wall.

Outside of this is something big and something major: several pokemon who in themselves make Trick Room viable. Trick Room may very well become the Rain Dance of OU. There are far too many pokemon too strong for someone not to take advantage of Trick Room, UNLESS, offense begins to rely on heavy, bulky wall breakers, which would take the emphasis off of speed.

Volt Charge will be a very popular move. Though perhaps not as inescapable as U-turn, pokemon such as Starmie will appreciate the ability to scout. This is yet another reason I believe entry hazards will be devalued next gen, as Anti-lead Starmie just became a slew more useful. I'm very glad this move is special, its something several pokemon could use, let's hope its as wide spread as U-turn. Maybe Alakazam will get it and pop back into OU hahahahaha.

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
You can store pokes using the internet iirc

Also, the Fire/Ghost Chandelier can 2HKO Kingdra with a choice specs flash fire boosted Fire Blast

oh ****

M.K

Level 55
Doyruuzu is going to be amazing as well. Respectable-ish Speed with Metagross-killing capacity, boosting Speed OR Attack in Sandstorm?

Yay Weather Teams :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom