• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Weedle doesn't even have mandibles. Sure, scratch the feet, but it's still a caterpillar with a stinger on its back and head

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Weedle Is supposed to be the larvae of a bee >.>
Yes, and it has 6 legs making it not be a centipede, just a regular old insect larvae.
Caterpie is a caterpillar. There are no centipede pokemon as of yet, but it would be awesome if they made one for this gen though.

UberMario

Smash Master
Giratina looks kind of like a centipede.

I'd still like a Symphyla -> Millipede -> Centipede Pokemon chain. though

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Would anyone think that Reshiram and Zekrom might be more powerful on the physical side? Like how Dialga and Palkia were stronger on the special side? These new legendaries look like they are ready to attack from up close. If this is true, I hope GameFreak is nice enough to give Zekrom Volt Tackle, or at least make a powerful physical Electric attack for it. And what are the odds that GameFreak would give them Dragon Dance?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm surprised that no one is discussing the new pokemon. It's not in color but you can see two of the starters evolutions.

*disappears again*

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'm surprised that no one is discussing the new pokemon. It's not in color but you can see two of the starters evolutions.

*disappears again*
The two to the left of Umbreon look like the Evo. of the water and grass starters(2nd Stage).

As for the pokemon between Jesse and new girl idk.

UberMario

Smash Master
The rumored artwork of some new Pokemon (including the 2nd stages of Smugleaf and Wotter, the Koffing-Golbat hybrid poke, rat-thing, and others) has been CONFIRMED real! A preview of the anime shows that the girl that Ash will be travelling with will NOT be the female protagonist from the games, but the girl shown in the black and white sketch. According to Serebii her Japanese name will be Iris, and also it seems a male trainer will be joining both Iris and Satoshi on their anime adventure, possibly meaning Brock is getting retired (finally, lol he's been on it too long . . . . ).

Ash will also be wearing the outfit of the male protagonist of the Pokemon generation's region the anime is based in (rather than a custom set of clothes specifically for the anime), the first time he's done so since the 1st Generation. (about 12 years ago)

Wow, I was really thinking that was fake, but I'm glad that Wotter's evolution looks so epic.

And someone needs to update the title of this thread, we've had 12 new pokemon revealed since those 7. lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The snake and otter evos look epic. God this gen looks good. I can't believe it's coming out so soon. I really have to get 5 stars on SS before then...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Is that first picture...a vampire bat? Zubat replacement, woohoo! :)
Yay, I called it! (sort of; it's not necessarily a vampire bat) I hope Team Rocket gets it.

The new female character looks bizarre. The game's character looks a lot better. I'm glad Brock's finally getting replaced (hopefully). I'm not really digging the starter evolutions until I see some better artwork. I have no comment on the other new little Pokemon.

UberMario

Smash Master
One of the developers mentioned in their blog (according to Bulbapedia) that Brock is indeed getting removed, but no confirmation of whether the bulky man and/or the skinny kid are going to join or not. (I assume the latter will be either be Ash's first male "rookie-in-training" (Max doesn't count, he didn't have pokemon when Hoenn ended), or he will be a very lolz worthy rival)

UberMario

Smash Master
I can imagine her having a running gag of accidentally knocking people over with her hair when she turns around. lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Also, the new female character looks darker than Ash. Maybe she'll be the new non-white-skinned character.
She's obviously gonna be black. Why the hell do you think it's called BLACK & White?

She needs her hair cut down though... seriously. And she better be as cool as Misty used to be before Ash dumped her :mad:

Also, fruit bat thingy, ewwww. I prefer Zubat better.

I was gonna question the authenticity of that picture, but then I saw it on Serebii so it's all good. The Wotter evo has finally convinced me to get Wotter. If they continue to make designs of the Wotter tree like the Wotter evo, I WILL get it. If not, then I'm getting Smugleaf. If Baycon's evos are cooler than Smugleaf's final form, then I'm getting that... even though I hate bulky designs >_>

EDIT: Also, who's the tall dude with the Umbreon? He seems familiar

EDIT2: Loooool the name of the anime is called Pokemon Best Wishes because of the name Black & White... best wishes for what? For people to not find the show racially offensive?

UberMario

Smash Master
Ash didn't dump her, Misty left to go home and only came back once for a meet-and-greet. lol

And what's wrong with May and Dawn? I thought (especially May) was more similar in personality to Ash, Misty just didn't have good chemistry imo. (Misty was easily angred, Ash liked bugs, Misty was as afraid as can be by bugs, etc.)

Also, am I the only one that sees the winged creature to be more of a Koffing replacement than a Zubat one?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ash didn't dump her, Misty left to go home and only came back once for a meet-and-greet. lol

And what's wrong with May and Dawn? I thought (especially May) was more similar in personality to Ash, Misty just didn't have good chemistry imo. (Misty was easily angred, Ash liked bugs, Misty was as afraid as can be by bugs, etc.)

Also, am I the only one that sees the winged creature to be more of a Koffing replacement than a Zubat one?
Well somebody DID point out that it looked like a Koffing/Golbat splice.

Psh, I just want to see Ash finally admit that he loves Misty. Dawn was annoying as **** with her **** hair. May... was boring. It annoyed me for the entire first half of the anime that her Torchic didn't evolve and Max annoyed me to hell with his smart *** personality

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
That flying spikey ball is the best Pokemon ever. Though I originally thought these sketches were fake (wayy back when they were first revealed), I was secretly hoping they weren't, because that flying spikey ball is so awesome.

I hope I'm not the only one in saying that I'm quite disappointed with Smugleaf's evo. :< That was the main reason I thought it was fake last time; Smugleaf's evo looks too obvious. He doesn't even look smug anymore. :( By contrast, Wotter's evo is pretty awesome IMO...were the Wotter people right? xD Somehow I think Baycon secretly has the most awesome evo ever and people are going to forget about both Smugleaf and Wotter when they see his...

And ugh, I hate that girl so much. >.> Main reason I didn't want these sketches being real...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just noticed Baycon's evo in the picture.... I thought it was a turtwig >_>

What are you talking about? Smugleaf's evo looks smugger than ever

UberMario

Smash Master
Well somebody DID point out that it looked like a Koffing/Golbat splice.

Psh, I just want to see Ash finally admit that he loves Misty. Dawn was annoying as **** with her **** hair. May... was boring. It annoyed me for the entire first half of the anime that her Torchic didn't evolve and Max annoyed me to hell with his smart *** personality
Actually one of the best parts of the anime is the ambiguity of the character relationships, they leave it vague enough so that there are different preferences for specific pairs.

i.e. You want AshXMisty and that's called PokeShipping
Most people that Pokeship end up ContestShipping (DrewXMay) in order to try to go against the AdvanceShippers.

I'm an AdvanceShipper (AshXMay), PenguinShipper (KennyXDawn), and OrangeShipper (TracyXMisty), but no shipping involving a main character can be considered officially canon. (Ash never genuinely expressed love for Misty (though the opposite is true), but then again he never has done so except for the one girl with the Cubone (which he never talked about again after the first meeting).

I'm pretty sure the developers are VERY aware people pair up many of the characters, which is why they leave it vague like that. I'm sure a good amount of the anime fanbase would drop out if Ash was purposely and undeniably paired up romantically with someone else.

Ash had better get a Wotter this time around :mad:
Same here, if you look at the game trainers, they all have similarities to a starter, and since Ash is most like the male protagonist . . . . .

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yay!!! Ash is getting the COOL starter :D

Lol, the green dude kinda looks like Wally grown up XD

And dare I say teh female looks... good. They had better not make her like Kotone though. She was pure fail... her and her yodeler ways.

...why the hell do they put shipping at the end of everything though? And I thought James and Jesse loved each other or something >_>

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually, the name of the artwork is called "Sup New Wally". XD

I do believe that's him, the increase in age of the new trainers plus the fact he was seeming 8 or 9 during the 3rd gen lead me to believe he's Wally.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I wonder what happened to his old team in gen 3 then... prolly died by now or something :laugh:

Wait, wouldn't that give Wally an unfair advantage against the main character if they battle right when they start off their journey? I mean, a level 40 something Gardevoir against a level 5 Smugleaf?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i want pokabu's evo!!! and i rather ash get pokabu than the otter. if not, the otter rather than the so called snake.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I... don't know. I was confused over that as well before

I remember when I saw all the new starters for the first time. I thought "EWWWWWWWW!!! Wotter looks ugly".

Then when I saw it's sprite, I actually started thinking it looked adorable. Now I want one

And when will they introduce a Platypus pokemon?

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder how sad we'd be if Wotter wasn't the name of the water starter, I don't see Smugleaf sticking (though maybe Baycon), but Wotter just seems too good of a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom