• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So, since getting the Crown Events (yeah, I just got them and yes, I was somewhat obsessing over it) unlocks Zoroark/Zorua in B&W...

What will Zoroark be like? He's an event Pokemon, apparently. Think he'll be a counterpart to Lucario?

A_man13

Smash Master
So, since getting the Crown Events (yeah, I just got them and yes, I was somewhat obsessing over it) unlocks Zoroark/Zorua in B&W...

What will Zoroark be like? He's an event Pokemon, apparently. Think he'll be a counterpart to Lucario?
One of the first pokemon we here of, two stage evolution, strange powers, sounds like a match to me.

Similarly to Lucario in terms of hype and humanoid-ish appearance, though Lucario didn't require special event to unlock availability of that pokemon.

I wonder if there's another way to get Zoroark. I don't watch or attend any special events, so alternate methods would be a must. If not, plenty of fans will be upset.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well it seems like Zoroark is the only one available through the event, which means that Zorua would have to be bred in order to obtain it. That doesn't really make sense.

I'm thinking there's another option for obtaining Zoroark that doesn't involve an event, but that other option also doesn't give you something the event would give you. Its ability, for instance. Or a move.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But what I want to know is what's the big deal with 'Goon's Scizor'. I got one for myself out of sheer curiosity and it doesn't seem so special. What's the big deal? If it was a Crown Beast I would've known why they were wanted, but Scizor?
It's one from the movie? *Shrug* They can't all be omg pokes.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
What is Goon's Scizor? I'm confused... was there a new event released or something?

A_man13

Smash Master
First evidence that it's boring:

It doesn't know Bullet Punch
Second point: It doesn't have technician. It could be without BP, but at least you can fix the move.

@Writer Kupo: The celebi also given out at the movie will give you a Zoura in the game when you transfer it over. In other words, unless we find a trainer with a very long black ponytail that happens to use one when you tag with him through some area to beat the evil team, they can get away without making one available in game.

Laurel

Smash Ace
I never really took note of the event Pokes except that Blissey with Wish. So nasty.

I'm still upset Reshiram isn't Ice/Dragon as rumored but Fire/Dragon. :[

PowerBomb

Smash Master

****, now I need to get event Celebi.

Hey, are in-game events region-only? Like, will a Japanese Arceus not activate the Arceus Event in an English HG/SS?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I had a Japanese Arceus and it still activated the event, so I'm assuming they aren't limited by region.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
We Better get this Celebi and a shot at these three legend dogs in USA. Or I'll be angry. GF usually gives us events, too.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
@Writer Kupo: The celebi also given out at the movie will give you a Zoura in the game when you transfer it over. In other words, unless we find a trainer with a very long black ponytail that happens to use one when you tag with him through some area to beat the evil team, they can get away without making one available in game.
Ew. Well luckily for me, I don't really find Zorua or Zoroark to be something that I want to use. So that doesn't really bother me.

WH AT!

STUPID MIC! THAT WAS GONNA BE MY NEW AVATAR!
I ****ing love your current avatar.

A_man13

Smash Master
I have a question. When this game comes out in Japan, how will we adjust to the metagame without even having the game? (I have no R4).
When all the chips are down and lives may be on the line because of lack of tiering order, one program will against impossible odds and invincible opposition to make sure those dang ubers are out of OU. It's name; Shoddy Battle.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
When all the chips are down and lives may be on the line because of lack of tiering order, one program will against impossible odds and invincible opposition to make sure those dang ubers are out of OU. It's name; Shoddy Battle.
Correction: Shoddy Battle 2

hopefully

A_man13

Smash Master
I didn't know they had a shoddy battle 2.

*goes back under rock*

@Mewter: Interesting vid. Course, hearing Master of Puppets being used for even an intro to a POKEMON video is a little, I dunno, off. Wish I could understand the video, but the footage shows that they are making a lot of advancements at least aesthetically to the battle system.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think he means they'll make a second version due to all the changes and additions this new generation will bring.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This may be late. Idunno lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAolHzhSxT8

Animated trainer sprite, cool shadow effects, clean graphics in battle, all that jazz lol.
At least this Pokemon Sunday (or whenever this aired) wasn't a complete waste. At least they showed us some gameplay footage. I mean, they must've heard that the stuff got leaked so they must've done this to not waste our times with information we know.

I love the animated sprites now.

And for the love of god fix Flamethrower. On Houndoom (?) it looks like it's shooting fire out of it's eyes...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The new way that stat changes are shown looks odd. Liking that the zebra thing's head..hair...horn...crest thing glows yellow after using Spark. It gives me hope that they'll fix the above post's situation(flamethrower comes out of Dragonite's gut, Typhlosion's fist, etc.) for the way individual Pokemon use moves. Also liking the new desert area, and what I think will be a bug gym or forest. Hope that doesn't mean there will be a new crappy bee to replace Beedrill/Vespiquen though :ohwell:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
shoddy2 is in development and is near completion. i hope the project leaders don't mind me saying this.
Considering it's been in development for soooooo freakinggggg longggggg, I really don't think they would mind such a statement.

I guess I could be wrong though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Considering it's been in development for soooooo freakinggggg longggggg, I really don't think they would mind such a statement.

Well with Pokemon Online they need to get there act together, hopefully shoddy2 has great interface like PO.

A_man13

Smash Master

Well with Pokemon Online they need to get there act together, hopefully shoddy2 has great interface like PO.
Heck, as long as they have the real time damage meters (which always bugged me that I knew what occurred after the fact on shoddy 1) they could make no aesthetic changes and I'd be fine.

T-block

B2B TST

it was close to being done a long time ago, but put on hiatus for the larger part of a year. development has resumed now though ;) i talk to the project devs fairly regularly

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks GameFreak, that's what we need -- more event-only Pokémon.

I swear, if they host this event at a Toys 'R' Us I'm going to destroy GameFreak and then AR it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The part that irks me the most about this is how limiting it is. Okay, yeah, they get publicity from the events, and in Japan people will go see the Pokémon movies that no one else would see otherwise, but what about the lasting value of the game? By making event-only Pokémon they are making it so that anyone who doesn't play the game NOW can never fully complete it without using an Action Replay.

Of course they wouldn't want people to use Action Replay because they think it's terrible, but they are forcing it with stuff like this. And I honestly refuse to waste the gas money that would be required to drive up to Toys 'R' Us to get an event Pokémon.

I'm really not seeing the logic here anymore.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Looks like Muuna was referenced in Gen 1. In that case, it's most definitely a Drowzee prevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom