• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'm hoping the Pokemon will follow you too. Maybe they made the function optional this time and that's why we don't see anything.
Perhaps the emphasis on the 3-d aspect of the game makes it too difficult to implement? But yeah, it could still happen..

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe pokemon following you is totally optional, maybe you can pick any pokemon from the menu, despite being first up and letting it walk. That way, for the people who like it they can have anyone walk with them, and for the people who don't they can be by themselves. It'd be closer to the anime in that sense.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Zoroark's Illusion ability does allow it to be disguised as another Pokemon when entering battle. Talk about mind games.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Heh, that's what I thought Illusion would do (and I think someone came up with a similar ability for the SWF-Dex). Kinda cool, really. Are you unable to capture it while it's disguised as another Pokemon?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heh, that's what I thought Illusion would do (and I think someone came up with a similar ability for the SWF-Dex). Kinda cool, really. Are you unable to capture it while it's disguised as another Pokemon?
That's what I've heard. Trying to catch it in its illusory forms would be just as successful as catching the ghost Marowak in the RBY/FRLG games. I don't know if it has been completely confirmed, but it would make some sense; giving the capture an edge in challenge.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So we can send in a "Machamp". They send in, say, Rotom.

Night Slash.

Win.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So we can send in a "Machamp". They send in, say, Rotom.

Night Slash.

Win.
I wonder how it's determined what Pokemon you can "transform" into? There are some pretty fun applications here, I see. My guess: it'll have something to do with the Pokedex.

Has anyone seen the screenshots of Hiun City? It looks like a huge and fun place to explore, and you get the feeling you're actually in the city, in the markets and alleys and things. Pretty cool!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, according to Pokebeach, we can expect more Pokemon reveals via CoroCoro next month (got to love those leaks). Whether it will be multiple reveals, or simply one, remains to be seen.

A legendary mascot... Calling it now.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I think someone came up with a similar ability for the SWF-Dex.
That'd be me lololol.

Imiguise
(IH-mih-gize)
The Reflection Pokemon
(No Evolutionary Line)
Normal/Steel

Stats

HP: 60
ATK: 60
DEF: 80
SPATK: 60
SPDEF: 80
SPD: 60
TOTAL: 400

Abilities

Mirror Image (Imiguise's signature ability. Mirror Image copies the opposing Pokemon's appearance (sprite, animations, etc), cry, and (original) name permanently for the rest of the battle (his ability will not activate again), even if Imiguise is switched out (it still keeps its typing, item, stats, and moves). This ability activates before Imiguise is sent on to the field, so your opponent does not see the original Imiguise sprite. In a case where both of the previous Pokemon were knocked out, and Imiguise is the first to be sent out, it will copy the Pokemon the opponent is about to send out even though it is not on the field yet).
It isn't much different; mine just copies the current Pokemon instead of a pre-chosen one.

Also mine probably has way worse stats lol.

UberMario

Smash Master
How is the name "Isshu" supposed to be pronounced?

Because it would be quite ironic if Pokemon went to a crime-riddled place called the land of Issue Isshu. lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Animated battle sprites. Kind of like in Smash, Peach stretches her arm periodically and Zelda flips her hair.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm on my phone and can't watch that so can someone tell me if the receiving pokemon flinches when struck? That's what I want to see more than animated back sprites.

Majority

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, it doesn't really look like Pokemon to me.

I would honestly rather have Pokemon White and Black in GSC graphics.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm on my phone and can't watch that so can someone tell me if the receiving pokemon flinches when struck? That's what I want to see more than animated back sprites.
I THINK. It seems to use a different sprite when struck (when the Illusory Entei is idle, it just stands there with its mouth open, but on the Aura Sphere attack, its mouth is nearly shut, and one of its lifted front paws is closer to the ground).
That's something I've been looking forward to for a long time, flinching/hurt sprites for Pkmn. Would really add a much needed touch.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I may actually start out with a grass starter... Honestly in coolness they went down since gen1, but this makes grass pretty cool. Lowers the bar on fire, though. Water remains a constant 9/10.

BBQTV

Smash Master
have they shown any new ones since that lucario look alik with the grin? and if so, pics please

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
pics or it didn't happen
There are pictures in this very thread and on all sorts of Pokémon websites.

You can look up the pictures yourself, we're not going to bump them up for you. A Google search should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom