• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Zoroark's sprite is ********.

Look at that ********-*** looking nose.

LOOK AT IT

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For now they're probably recycling old sprites until they have new ones done. They did the same thing in D/P pre-release pics.

Either that or Zoroark's transformations use D/P sprites.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why wouldn't they?
Every Gen has had new sprites, why not now?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
As Ulti said, they aren't done, or aren't ready to release the sprites. Look at the sprites for the new starts in the screen shots, those are CLEARLY beta ****. They are no where near the quality of normal pokemon sprites.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After looking at these recent pics I'm starting to get really excited. It seems as if GF is really giving everything they got for this game.

Plus I'm loving all of the new Pokemon so far. B&W is gonna be a good one. :)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, I was too young for gen 1-3, and I bailed on Gen4 (until plat. came out) So this is the first gen I get to be at the launch for here<3

It also does look very nice, it makes me want to breed the last 6 pokemon + Finish SS's trainercard...but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember I was too young for 1-2, barely remember anything about 3, didn't care much about 4, and now I guess I get to remember this one as well :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
I remember I was not too young for Gen 1, but the only Gen I didn't get to enjoy upon launch was Gen 4. No idea it even happened until my younger brother came home saying all his friends are playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I remember looking up the Pokemon and just thinking, "what on earth.."

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I remember I was not too young for Gen 1, but the only Gen I didn't get to enjoy upon launch was Gen 4. No idea it even happened until my younger brother came home saying all his friends are playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I remember looking up the Pokemon and just thinking, "what on earth.."
All I remembered about pre-Diamond / Pearl were pictures of Drifblim and some other Pokemon (Electivire, maybe?) and I was immediately worried about Generation IV.

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
Gen 4 was the first gen I really ever started following before it came out. All the others were just sudden discoveries like "Woah, that's neat!"
I really didn't know that Gastrodon and Shellos were originally supposed to be Gen 3 Pokemon.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, I was too young for gen 1-3, and I bailed on Gen4 (until plat. came out) So this is the first gen I get to be at the launch for here<3

It also does look very nice, it makes me want to breed the last 6 pokemon + Finish SS's trainercard...but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
Too young for Gen 3? 0_o That came out in 2003! Wow I feel old . . . . .

XACE-K

Smash Master
Although I've experienced every single gen, this is the only time I've followed a games releases. All the others I saw pictures of it in Nintendo Power.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was amused by generation 1 when it came out, ignored Generation 2, and then started watching "gen previews" starting with 3 and on. 4, I kind of slipped. But yeah, Groudon was the first 3rd gen I ever saw, and I was just like "Zoh my gosh, that is awesome."

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, I was in the 2nd grade or so when Gen 1 came out, it was my first GBC game. The second came out soon after, and in middle school the third generation came out. 4th came out in 9th grade and I had bailed on pokemon by then, and now I'm a senior in high school and they are working on the 5th. I'm not really young, more or less my memory is bad (and I wasn't near as a perfectionist in stuff as I am now v_v) so yeah.

God I really got to finish SS <_>

^ All that to say I'm 17. I guess I'm trying to say I wasn't too young for pokemon, but I was too young to really get into it (such as competitive battling, etc)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Too play it yeah, so I guess I was wrong. But I really didn't get what I was doing. I had no clue what natures/iv/evs even were <.<

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Too play it yeah, so I guess I was wrong. But I really didn't get what I was doing. I had no clue what natures/iv/evs even were <.<
Well yeah I'm sure most of us were, but the way you worded it made it seem like you were too young for Pokemon / video games in general.

-Terywj

majora_787

Smash Hero
Woah... After 14 years, something amazing finally happens to battles to make them look extremely awesome.

Can't wait to see it after the beta sprites.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, this complicates a lot of things.

Spriting will now be done in .gifs

UberMario

Smash Master
Hasn't that been around for a few days? (It's where the gif that's somewhere in this topic [a few pages back] was from)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
And because somethings appear creative, and others mindless. A tree on ones back would sap the life from you, as it needs nutrients to survive too. Unless Torterra and the Tree are one, which is even odder because that makes him half pokemon half tree.

Well by this logic, the flame on the tail of Charizard is sapping its energy because fire needs fuel to stay lit. So essentially, your saying that pokemon should have no outward indications of their typing besides color, because any such elemental incarnations would waste energy.

Furthermore, the whole connotation of a "Grass-type" is that it is part plant anyways. Look at Bellsprout, Cacturne, Carnivine, etc. I don't get why Torterra being half tree makes him weird or stupid. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a huge fan of Torterra, but your reasoning kind of bugged me.

UberMario

Smash Master
A lot of people hate the 5th Gen ideas because they think that:

A: It will be worse than the 4th Gen
B: There aren't many ideas left for legendaries
and
C: The Starters suck

Which don't apply to anyone in this room. >_> Right everyone? *loads gun*

Anyway, I think they MIGHT be going back to chiptune battle cries again, listen to the Fire starter's in that vid! It sounds like a long "tweet hiss" type sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom