• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Honestly, all the grass types are lame up until now. Venasaur is mehsaur.The rest gradually declined. Now fire types appearance is declining and grass is on the rise. Water, however, has always been decent.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Honestly, all the grass types are lame up until now. Venasaur is mehsaur.The rest gradually declined. Now fire types appearance is declining and grass is on the rise. Water, however, has always been decent.
Rock Polish Torterra disagrees.

Meganium weeps tears of sorrow.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Rock Polish Torterra disagrees.

Meganium weeps tears of sorrow.

I'm talking appearance, not usefulness. The Torterra family has three problems:

A) Second evo looks like Spike from The Land Before Time

B) a Tree on it's back

C) A+B

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ A is 75% of the reason why it's a failure

I sure hope this new snake thing turns out to be a positive for the grass/starter community D: Better than a flamin' pig

And because somethings appear creative, and others mindless. A tree on ones back would sap the life from you, as it needs nutrients to survive too. Unless Torterra and the Tree are one, which is even odder because that makes him half pokemon half tree.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
"Better than a pig I haven't seen yet"
How do you know it'll be on fire? Ya don't, in fact, its incredibly odd that its not already. Set back and enjoy the ride twinkle toes.*

*shoots myself over this line

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So because you don't know someone exist, or existed they didn't? Even more, the world only exist because humans have the ability to perceive and interpret it? Get this Rapidash grimer out of here.

Mewter

Smash Master
Originally posted by Dictionary.com
The sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.
Originally Posted by Online Merriam Webster Dictionary
1 a : a particular auditory impression : tone b : the sensation perceived by the sense of hearing c : mechanical radiant energy that is transmitted by longitudinal pressure waves in a material medium (as air) and is the objective cause of hearing
If you are to take the definition of sound to mean the acknowledgment by an individual of the vibrational and pressure-changing properties picked up by sensory organs through a medium such as air, then the most fitting reply to this most-repeated and highly objectionably inquiry is "by no means."
That is unless you account for the volition to uphold the alternate analogue pertaining to the vocabulary we are discussing, in which there may never be a satisfactory answer to this amaranthine plight.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
isn't it: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If this is the case, then it clearly would, the some of the energy in it hitting the ground would be transferred into sound waves, resulting in sound, whether an ear drum is there to percieve.

P.S. Excuse any unscientific language, i study law not science.

Edit: i see the point on perception... until its absorbed by a human ear, its nothing but energy, so sound is based on perception..

Edit two: so basically i disagree with myself, o well, you live and you learn.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A tree on ones back would sap the life from you, as it needs nutrients to survive too. Unless Torterra and the Tree are one, which is even odder because that makes him half pokemon half tree.
Paras and parasect would suffer from the same problem, yet they're fine. Same with the bulbasaur line.

And there's never been any 'half tree' pokemon before?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I'm predicting a grass/fly for the final evo of the grass type. I imagine something similar to Rayquaza, a light version of it. I hope im right, cause that would be soooo sweet.

Oh also, more eveeeloutionssssssssssssss please

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Way too much spam. Holy mackerel...

Initiating infraction mode.
Spire gained 2000 experience points!

Anyways, someone mention the Grass-type starter being potentially Grass / Flying. I'll admit, I'd be forced to use the Grass-type starter since Tropius is amazing.

And I could fry bacon everything I fight the rival.

-Terywj

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm also thinking the Water might become Water/Rock considering the seashell on its chest. Imagine if they gave it starts worthy of being a mixed sweeper, would be pretty frightening. But with that typing, don't get hit hahahaha.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm also thinking the Water might become Water/Rock considering the seashell on its chest. Imagine if they gave it starts worthy of being a mixed sweeper, would be pretty frightening. But with that typing, don't get hit hahahaha.
Water / Rock would be terrible for a defensive typing.

But it would be unique. Well, to the starters anyway.

-Terywj

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I could see a pig being fire/ground, but what would a snake be? <.< I was hoping for /dark somewhere in there but it doesn't look so.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No, the Pig has the typical outfit of a comical theif in Japan, its almost certainly going to be Dark.
The reason people think the snake could be grass/flying is because of the little stubs on his back, which could evolve into wings.

Yeah Terry, but they've never tried to make one a fast, mixed sweeper, or just a plain sweeper at all. It would be scary if pulled off well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Porky looks like it'll be Fire / Dark just by color.

Relicanth almost made it with Rock Head Head Smash, but relies on Swift Swim way too much.

-Terywj

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not a master of typing, so I'll ask <.< is grass/flying bad?

._. I hope that pig evolves into a cool boar, then it'd be awesome.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Grass / Flying

Weaknesses - Ice / Fire / Rock / Poison
Resists - Water / Grass
Immunities - Ground

(I probably missed some types, but I'm really lazy)

Only Tropius and Jumpluff to date are Grass / Flying.

-Terywj

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We don't really know yet. It all depends on the metagame and the tools given to those pokemon.

Fire should be a great type, but Gamefreak treats it like a ******* child, and the ever prescence of Stealth Rocks keeps most out of OU. Fire is CONSIDERED bad because Bulky Waters, Earthquake, and Stealth Rock keep them out of OU, but Heatran and Infernape have shown that with the right movepool and stats Fire can be powerful even with an enviroment its not suited for.

This is why I never liked "good typing" "bad typing" talk. Someone on Smogon tried to say that any pokemon who is grass will instantly be bad, and he got tore up by everyone on there for Shayman Sky Form, Celebi, Roserade, and Breloom. Its all about the metagame and gamefreak's decision to give the tools that pokemon needs.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
They've been up a little while now, but here are the sprites for the three new starters. Don't tell me that there is outline missing in places, I know, this is how they were presented on Serebii.

Edit: These guys too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom