• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would have to say that each generation has it's Pros and Cons but in my opinion the best was the Third Gen. and I hope they improve on several cons of D/P with Platinum. But anyways, I would like to see a Armaldo/Kabutops with Aerodacyl wings

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm a "newer games are better" kind of guy. I have yet to be disappointed with DP at all.
New games have killed video games forever. It's doubtful that the same concept of just having a game to play to have fun will ever come back; now we NEED a text-heavy plot, amazing graphics, a million and one additions, and games have to have a purpose; Wii Fit so you can become fit, the whole Wii to "bring families together". Whatever happened to the days of the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis where games like Sonic & Knuckles needed only brief cutscenes that showed you that Knuckles is your enemy and then that Robotnik betrayed him and he's on your side now, or Super Metroid in which an intro cutscene with text was all that was necessary?

Old games will forever hold a magic that can never be obtained again, unless video game developers end their blind creation of so-called "innovation". I used to have basically the same mindset as you. For about a month after Brawl came out, thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. But I came on these boards and had my eyes opened to what gaming has become, and while it ruined some games for me, it gave a new life to old games and I wouldn't go back to my old mindset for the world.
But that's just my opinion, as is your opinion.

Yes please start requesting again. There are other threads for generation debates.
That's not what he was referring to; I posted a couple pages back and in the OP to hold off on requests until we got caught up. I'm still pretty backed up, but if you, bowser, and Mewter (if he's able to) can take on all of these requests, then you can take them again.

On a related note, as you've noticed, I've been gone for about the past 24 hours. I'm pretty busy right now, and I don't know when some time will open up again for me to start working. I wanted to post here quickly to make sure you guys knew so you're not wondering where I am.

So yeah, the requests that have piled up...I won't be able to take care of them until I can have free time again. But if you guys are willing to take on the requests stacked up and those that will be incoming, then requests may start again. Just know that I won't be able to help out.

Oh also, Spire; I didn't know if you remembered, but zrky requested that all four of us do an all Regis fusion.

XACE-K

Smash Master
but there arnt any fire types. and too many water types >.>
YES! We need more fire types! I'm sick of all these f***ing water types and barely any fire types. Fire is my favorite type so I agree with this completely.

Too get back on topic, do you want to make the back sprite of one of your pokemon Mewter? If you don't, then I'll propose a new challenge to the four of you guys.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
*Has small stack of requests in hands*

*Sees progress made*

*Turns around and goes away*

Lol. =o)

majora_787

Smash Hero
*Has small stack of requests in hands*

*Sees progress made*

*Turns around and goes away*

Lol. =o)
That's what I did. I won't do my remaining requests until my heatran is done, then I'll replace it with something.

Hey I was wondering something. Heatran is at the end of the pokedex with the legendaries, but is he himself legendary?

XACE-K

Smash Master
That's what I did. I won't do my remaining requests until my heatran is done, then I'll replace it with something.

Hey I was wondering something. Heatran is at the end of the pokedex with the legendaries, but is he himself legendary?
Yes he is.

Wrath`

Smash Master
What is the purpose of heatron? he had no background, he just apeared. even cresselia had a little text about it, but hetrans is like "sup,yeah i am in a cave and i'm chilling". Unless he too has a SKY FORM IN PLATNIUM.

on a serius note about platnium, mabey he cures shinoh(thats where we are?) of it's ice age properties wiht his hot steel.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY 100 posts:)
Heatran is supposedly the one that controls volcanos, but that is all.
@Firus, I think you miss understood my last request, its Armaldo/Kabutopswith Aerodactyl Wings

M.K

Level 55
Can we please gear more towards art than discussion >_> I'm sorry, but anyone can say what generation they like best, and there opinion isn't going to change whether or not you say it is right or not.

Anyways, I hope you have noticed that I have been working on a 1 sprite a day basis, and I'm sorry for missing tonight, but....oh well, I like my sprites.....I hope you guys do as well....I take alot of pride in them....

Mewter

Smash Master
YES! We need more fire types! I'm sick of all these f***ing water types and barely any fire types. Fire is my favorite type so I agree with this completely.

Too get back on topic, do you want to make the back sprite of one of your pokemon Mewter? If you don't, then I'll propose a new challenge to the four of you guys.
Sure...... Which one do you think I should do?*Looking for request of back sprite*

(Currently working on The Four Regis Fusion)

zrky

Smash Lol'd

WOW this is amazing it looks awsome, you really must have worked for quite a while on this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can we please gear more towards art than discussion >_> I'm sorry, but anyone can say what generation they like best, and there opinion isn't going to change whether or not you say it is right or not.

Anyways, I hope you have noticed that I have been working on a 1 sprite a day basis, and I'm sorry for missing tonight, but....oh well, I like my sprites.....I hope you guys do as well....I take alot of pride in them....
Thank you, Meta-Kirby...let's forget the discussion of things like Platinum and generation debates. I contributed to the debate, and I shouldn't have but...yeah, the new way games have gone annoys me. In any case, there are other places for those things, and this thread has been off-topic for the past 3 pages, about, so let's try to move back to other things.

As for your sprites, it's fine that you missed tonight--life interferes for all of us, and you're no exception. I love your sprites, but I can understand if you're busy.

Sure...... Which one do you think I should do?*Looking for request of back sprite*

(Currently working on The Four Regis Fusion)
The back sprite request was waaaay back. It's at the top of the "Pending Requests" list. As for which one you should do...I'm going to have to say either Blazing Darkrai, Fervazard, or Bansheeon--those are my three favorites of your work, they all look awesome, and I'd love to see one of their back sprites.

As for the Regi...

WOW this is amazing it looks awsome, you really must have worked for quite a while on this.
I agree with this. It looks awesome and creative, and I think it truly captures all of the Regis in one. Congrats on a job well done, Mewter. I'm glad you're able to work on some sprites. :)

Also, yeah...I'm back. Guess I wasn't as busy as I thought I'd be. Um...so I see requests are coming in full again...Spire, bowser, can I get some help here? I'm still really backed up.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
sure :) always ready to help, the only problem is that when I see a request it always gets taken. So im waiting for a request that works for me. In the mean time I'll finish of some remaining requests.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm sorry. I promised I wouldn't. But I just had to get rid of a request to give myself something to do.

Groudon + Registeel + Empoleon fusion. lol XD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They both look great, but the first one looks a little blurry. It looks like you figured it out, but just in case you didn't, save all of them as .png files. ALWAYS. They take up a good amount of space (unlike .bmp files, which are HUGE), and there's no loss of coloring (like in .gif files if you use too many colors) or blurriness (as .jpg files have). I save everything of mine as .png files.

In any case, the recoloring looks great, and I love the change of his flame to a block of ice. That's a great place to start out with edits, first with recolors, then changing or fusing on a thing here or there, and then going for the big leagues, adding tons of stuff and changing as much as possible with type changes.

Both of these look awesome. The only thing that bugs me is that his eyes are oddly colored and don't really fit in, but you did a great job of recoloring, and other than that, they both look awesome.

Good job on all of them. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thanks firus. Yeah the charmander one was blurry cuz it was JPEGed.

The Zapdos was made to look like a normal bird, and the Maganium was made to look like my girlfriend. I might do a few more, like of Swalot. I love swalot, he's like one of the coolest pokemon ever IMO. XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
My girlfriend has a tan that makes her look kinda orange, she wears gray flower shirts, and she has blue contacts.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Parasect needs a new evolution... so does jynx...

I'm not sure how you'd do parasect since, with each progressive evolution, he becomes more mushroom like... all that's left is to be barely insect at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Parasect needs a new evolution... so does jynx...

I'm not sure how you'd do parasect since, with each progressive evolution, he becomes more mushroom like... all that's left is to be barely insect at all.
I've always loved Parasect. I may take this on, but I'm pretty swamped and haven't been working. Perhaps rather than becoming so much more like a mushroom, it turns into a crazy lobster thing with multiple mushrooms growing out of it, or one big mushroom with some mushroom branches (think Telvanni buildings from Morrowind).

Also, thanks for the feedback on the Aerodactyl + Kabutops + Omastar fusion (I don't even remember its name) guys. I really appreciate it. I think I'll get to work now on what's next on my list.

Shellebi - A fusion of Shellos and Celebi
Grass/Water
Wonderful job Firus! Shellebi (great name, by the way) just kind of popped up out of no where; I almost missed it. I'm loving every bit of it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've always loved Parasect. I may take this on, but I'm pretty swamped and haven't been working. Perhaps rather than becoming so much more like a mushroom, it turns into a crazy lobster thing with multiple mushrooms growing out of it, or one big mushroom with some mushroom branches (think Telvanni buildings from Morrowind).
Never played morrowind... but, seriously... parasect is cursed with the worst typing in all of pokemon and subpar stats...

since I don't know what you are talkin' bout, I made a picture of what parasect MIGHT look like if it evolved... but I don't own a scanner so I had to transfer it to my comp via digital camara... as you might imagine, that doesn't look so great... anyway:

is that what the big mushroom with branches looked like?

majora_787

Smash Hero
If mushrooms look like that to you, you have a LOT of them, that's for sure.

Anyway, you guys are doing a great job on these sprites. :lick:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Never played morrowind... but, seriously... parasect is cursed with the worst typing in all of pokemon and subpar stats...

since I don't know what you are talkin' bout, I made a picture of what parasect MIGHT look like if it evolved... but I don't own a scanner so I had to transfer it to my comp via digital camara... as you might imagine, that doesn't look so great... anyway:

is that what the big mushroom with branches looked like?
Thats a pretty good drawing but it doesn't have that Pokemon feel to it. I would say make it more bug-like but still keep the mushroom tradition of it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Thats a pretty good drawing but it doesn't have that Pokemon feel to it. I would say make it more bug-like but still keep the mushroom tradition of it.
well... obviously... it doesn't look cartoony enough... but I thought the base structure was OK... what did you mean?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey Krystal, I finished another of your requests. The Girafarig + Absol fusion; Abrafarab:

I also just finished your Snubbull + Munchlax; Snubbunch:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Absol and Girafarig were two of my favorite pokemon, I can't believe I didn't come up with that.

That's it, I'm making a request RIGHT now. I wanna see an Absol + Deoxys fusion. Please and thank you. XD

Yaya

Smash Champion
Can you make a Deoxys Speed - Tentacruel fusion please?

EDIT: Could you also make a Garchomp - Aerodactyl fusion?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wanna edit my previous request: I tant each form of deoxys mixed with Absol. That's four different versions. I'll be done for a while. XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Raytar is done. It's not really that good but it was hard to implament the things I wanted to at the start of choicing this fusion.

Anyway, I think it looks like a bug rock type. Yes bug rock, I dont see anything dragonish about him so I made him bug type.

Top Bottom