• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Evil Zangoose!

Rawr!

Introducing: Lincune!

Fusing a run-of-the-mill raccoon Pokemon with a pokemon of such a high caliber was quite the task indeed!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hey guys! I'm at Chicago and I have a computer to talk to you guys with so I'll be on a lot.

NY is awesome!! I got a turtwig and chimchar stylus, plushies, a lot of games and some souvenirs

M.K

Level 55
Sigh....I'm.....unsure about myself these days....

I mean, I am getting good grades, I'm socially accepted at school, but I'm just not comfortable with the way things are going these days. I'm almost positive that this stems from my overwhelming desire to lose weight, but I just can't seem to do it. Something about losing weight just seems like....it seems like the answer to everything wrong in my life right now. If I'm going down this journey, I seriously need all of your guy's help. I really need support and encouragement, because I've tried COUNTLESS times before to lose weight, but all come up null. So please, I wish you would help me change my life for the better!
Anyways, I'll try to get some sprites done. I know it is partially my fault that the request list got so long, and I apologize.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hey guys! I'm at Chicago and I have a computer to talk to you guys with so I'll be on a lot.

NY is awesome!! I got a turtwig and chimchar stylus, plushies, a lot of games and some souvenirs
OMG, I saw you! I was the crazy hobo.

Yes, NY is awesome.

Good job on Lincune MK. I know what you posted is off-topic but I'll try to help you some other time. I need to think of an answer to your problem.

M.K

Level 55
How much do you want to lose, Meta?
I'm not too terribly overweight like you might thing I am, but I'm aiming for about...15 pounds? That sounds about right. I just want to make myself more comfortable with the way I am! I don't know how long it will take, and I'm not sure how I might fare this time around, but I REALLY want it now, more than I ever wanted it in the past.

Anyways, thank you for the compliments on the sprites everyone.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

WOW, I guess you went to Nintendo world. so where did you go and when are you coming back, youw can post your reply to this in the shop group that I made.

WOW, Kirby, your linun/suicune thingy came out cool, the only thing I would say is that it looks costumed, but cool at the same time. I hope you the best of luck with your weight situation, it seems like your really into it. Aren't you a diver, because all the divers ive seen are really skinny, no offense to you if it sounded like it, but good luck:)

M.K

Level 55
WOW, I guess you went to Nintendo world. so where did you go and when are you coming back, youw can post your reply to this in the shop group that I made.

WOW, Kirby, your linun/suicune thingy came out cool, the only thing I would say is that it looks costumed, but cool at the same time. I hope you the best of luck with your weight situation, it seems like your really into it. Aren't you a diver, because all the divers ive seen are really skinny, no offense to you if it sounded like it, but good luck:)
Yep, thats partially the reason why -.- I "stand out" in diving if you get what I'm saying.
Yeah, it was so hard fusing Linoone and Suicune! I mean, wow! Took me a LONG time, it was the best I could come up with ;_;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sigh....I'm.....unsure about myself these days....

I mean, I am getting good grades, I'm socially accepted at school, but I'm just not comfortable with the way things are going these days. I'm almost positive that this stems from my overwhelming desire to lose weight, but I just can't seem to do it. Something about losing weight just seems like....it seems like the answer to everything wrong in my life right now. If I'm going down this journey, I seriously need all of your guy's help. I really need support and encouragement, because I've tried COUNTLESS times before to lose weight, but all come up null. So please, I wish you would help me change my life for the better!
Anyways, I'll try to get some sprites done. I know it is partially my fault that the request list got so long, and I apologize.
I'd be more than happy to support you and encourage you. Good luck. :)

And the request list is not so long because of you at all, it's really my fault. I've just felt really demotivated to sprite recently, partially because I just don't have inspiration, and partially because the Ocarina has breathed new life into Brawl for me.

You've been trying hard to contribute, and I appreciate that.

Yeah, it was so hard fusing Linoone and Suicune! I mean, wow! Took me a LONG time, it was the best I could come up with ;_;
I honestly think Lincune looks awesome. It must have taken a lot of scratching to make, because it looks like its own Pokemon. I really like it.
I'll try to work on some sprites, guys...as I said, I'm totally demotivated.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'll try to work on some sprites, guys...as I said, I'm totally demotivated.
Firus, step away from your hacked Brawl and make us our sprites now or else I'll get Sakurai to hack real life and make you trip every time you move.

jk, I wish I could have a hacked Brawl. I don't know how to hack it though. Anybody know a thread for it?

Also what makes a purple and green Zangoose evil? I would of expected it to be black and red.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@meta kirby, well the easiest way to lose weight is Portion controll, I had stomach problems a few months ago and I couldn't eat as much do to getting an upset stomach easily, but I lost about 20Lbs, wich I look cool now, but I liked myself before, but yeah portion controll is the best way to drop some pounds. I'm better now.

Sorry if I hurt you feelings here, but Lilicoon
looks like roadkill, it's very flat as a picture. don't kill me....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
NOOOOOOO, please don't tell me it's for "pokéSplicing", they aren't really the best
Would it be rude if I went in there and told them they suck and to just leave the work to us?

Seriously, I just wish they'd leave that to us. Oh well, the real Pokefans come to us anyways, but...they're stealing our thunder. I don't know why Pokemon Fusions come hand in hand with sig making, but all of those sig shops seem to have Pokemon Fusing as a secondary thing. Like it's just some easy side-thing that everyone does.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Would it be rude if I went in there and told them they suck and to just leave the work to us?

Seriously, I just wish they'd leave that to us. Oh well, the real Pokefans come to us anyways, but...they're stealing our thunder. I don't know why Pokemon Fusions come hand in hand with sig making, but all of those sig shops seem to have Pokemon Fusing as a secondary thing. Like it's just some easy side-thing that everyone does.
Who are these new poke-splicers?? I want to give them a little visit...

XACE-K

Smash Master

QFT

I gots an idea. How about we send Skyler to the sig shop and make him work there as a poke-splicer. Just imagine it.

Person: Can I get a Jigglypuff + Clefairy?

Skyler: Here's your Jigglyilooklikeafreakman Jigglyoclefairyman. :D

Person: .....:(

M.K

Level 55
@meta kirby, well the easiest way to lose weight is Portion controll, I had stomach problems a few months ago and I couldn't eat as much do to getting an upset stomach easily, but I lost about 20Lbs, wich I look cool now, but I liked myself before, but yeah portion controll is the best way to drop some pounds. I'm better now.

Sorry if I hurt you feelings here, but Lilicoon
looks like roadkill, it's very flat as a picture. don't kill me....
Thats the gist of it, I'm sure, Thanks for the input!
I agree, I 'm actually not too impressed with Lincune myself, but for my scratching ability, it turned out very well. I respect your opinion, and I am a little hurt that you might think my sprites aren't up to par, but I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

M.K

Level 55
Should we ask them to stop?
I HAVE been thinking what a move to the "Artwork Emporium" would do for this shop! It would definitely stimulate the request intake, and we would get ALOT more business! Would you ever consider this?

Pros:
-More Business
-More Acclaim
-We could order our posts as post # 1,2,3,4,and 5.
-People will acknowledge US as the elites!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
technically you shouldt be able to, cause otherwise, cant one sig shop ask the other to stop? plus i find horrible splices hilarious. like the arceus with a hint of dialga. and you will have to talk to FDV about moving there. he is sorta ruling with an iron fist right now.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Cons:

- Not PokeCenter exclusive
- The PokeCenter will die without this

@StealhRaptor

I see. FDV has been a bit strict lately.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I HAVE been thinking what a move to the "Artwork Emporium" would do for this shop! It would definitely stimulate the request intake, and we would get ALOT more business! Would you ever consider this?

Pros:
-More Business
-More Acclaim
Cons:
-people making 7 requests just because they can
- More time on work and less chating in other threads/disscusions
-The CPS regulars will have there requests swamped by people who keep making requests

Overall I'm not sure. The pros are great but the cons seem to equal it out :/

M.K

Level 55
Cons:
-people making 7 requests just because they can
- More time on work and less chating in other threads/disscusions
-The CPS regulars will have there requests swamped by people who keep making requests

Overall I'm not sure. The pros are great but the cons seem to equal it out :/
Con #1- We can put a limit on the requests, and deny any requests that do not follow the rules.
Con #2- We can still work on our own pace, >_< Nobody is gonna tell ME when to hurry up!
Con #3- While we do own loyalty to our regulars, they are our ONLY customers as of late. I would love to see us gain a broader audience and get NEW regulars!

Who cares if it is PokeCenter Exclusive, I don't see another Custom Pokemon Shop anywhere!
Let the Poke Center die, what has it done for US?!

WiiManiac1

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I think your custom Pokemon are great. Would you consider looking at some of mine and giving me your opinions?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, they normally have a rule against posting your own Pokemon. But, it's not up to me.

Ask one of the regular members about it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Con #1- We can put a limit on the requests, and deny any requests that do not follow the rules.
Con #2- We can still work on our own pace, >_< Nobody is gonna tell ME when to hurry up!
Con #3- While we do own loyalty to our regulars, they are our ONLY customers as of late. I would love to see us gain a broader audience and get NEW regulars!

Who cares if it is PokeCenter Exclusive, I don't see another Custom Pokemon Shop anywhere!
Con#1- Most requests will follow the rule (it's not that hard to make a request) but we will likely have an really big increase in people (and people who keep making 4-5 requests a week) think-
15x5= 75 requests per week

con #2- With that many requests working on our own pace is going to be a lot harder. A lot of people are likely going to start saying "When is my request going to get done" (even if there is a rule against it. Though we could implament a "strike" system.

Con#3- True but couldn't we find another way to attract customers? This IMO is the biggest problem...

PC has done a lot. Most of us would likely not know so much about each other without the PC.

Hey guys! I think your custom Pokemon are great. Would you consider looking at some of mine and giving me your opinions?
You could multi-PM us. Though it depends if the other mems want to. I am willing to see them :).

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't plan to post them on here. I would just give a link to some of my customs.
Well, I guess that's okay but I'm not one of the owners of thgis shop.

As for the moving of this thread, I'll say the whys and the why nots (no, I'm not making a reference to Wynaut with that last part)

Why we should move:

-the shop will be more popular
-we'll be superior to the other shops
-mods will actually visit the thread

Why we shouldn't move:

-the new people might not read the rules
-you guys would be overworked more often
-FDV
-the Poke Center will die
-I would have no secret hideout

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
FDV isn't that bad. He's actually kinda cool when he doesn't have the artwork emporium under lockdown.

Anyway. Let's not talk about that.

I say we stay here. I don't have any real input though -- it's up to the actual mems.

XACE-K

Smash Master
FDV isn't that bad. He's actually kinda cool when he doesn't have the artwork emporium under lockdown.

Anyway. Let's not talk about that.

I say we stay here. I don't have any real input though -- it's up to the actual mems.
I agree about the FDV thing. One of the comics I read in there that somebody made was ignored for a LONG time. Every single post in there was off-topic. Then one day, FDV came and BAM! the thread was closed.

Even though my opinion probably doesn't matter, I say we stay here.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Pros:
-More Business
-More Acclaim
I've tossed the idea around in my head as well, but I decided against it. You're right, we WOULD get a lot more business. While we only really get Poke Center regulars at the moment, in the 3 months the shop has been open (it's only been three months, can you believe that?) we've had to halt requests three times. With 5x as much business the workload would be insane. That's only one thing, though, I have other problems.

Pro #3: That is one problem. While it would be so convenient as that, especially for you, Mewter, and zrky, we'd be starting over. We're practically at page 200 here, almost at post #3000, we've come so far and we'd throw it all away for the Artwork Emporium. I don't think that'd be worth it.

Pro #4: True, people might, but people also might not. What if our shop's appearance encourages 5 other shops to appear? Then we've got competition, and if people that rival our spriting skills come along, we may not be considered elites.

And all in all, a move to the Artwork Emporium would change the whole purpose of this shop. As Spire's said before, this shop is really supposed to be more of a friendly thing. The Artwork Emporium is too art-oriented. The Custom Pokemon Shop would completely lose its feel there, I think.

#1 - We can, and have put a limit on requests. But we'll have to close down once a week unless we put every spare moment in our lives into working on requests, with both the members we already have and Artwork Emporium frequenters requesting.
#2 - We can work at our own pace but, again, we'll have to close down once a week.
#3 - I would like to see a slight expansion of our audience as well. However, an audience expansion like that could totally overwhelm us.

The Poke Center has, in fact, done everything for this shop. It's thanks to the "Favorite Pokemon" topic that Spire tried fusing Pokemon and resulted in him deciding he wanted to create a shop, and I did already, so we collaborated and made this shop. It's thanks to all of the Poke Center regulars that this got up and running. It's thanks to how the Poke Center is that we've been able to flourish -- the Poke Center is a community of its own, and being a part of that community is fun.

And the way you phrased that made me realize exactly what a move to the Artwork Emporium would be. We'd be abandoning the small community that made us get where we are because we've become popular and can soar to greater heights. We'd be selling out, without the money. And I don't want to do that.

It's a good idea, and again, one that I've tossed around myself, but I wouldn't want to do it.

WiiManiac, if you want to post your customs, you can do it in the Social Group for this shop -- here's the link.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=121

Er, actually, I forgot it was invite only. You can post the link here, since I don't know how long it'll take for zrky to get to your request to join.
In the future though, if you want to post your customs for getting opinions, you should do it in there.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i've Tossed The Idea Around In My Head As Well, But I Decided Against It. You're Right, We Would Get A Lot More Business. While We Only Really Get Poke Center Regulars At The Moment, In The 3 Months The Shop Has Been Open (it's Only Been Three Months, Can You Believe That?) We've Had To Halt Requests Three Times. With 5x As Much Business The Workload Would Be Insane. That's Only One Thing, Though, I Have Other Problems.

Pro #3: That Is One Problem. While It Would Be So Convenient As That, Especially For You, Mewter, And Zrky, We'd Be Starting Over. We're Practically At Page 200 Here, Almost At Post #3000, We've Come So Far And We'd Throw It All Away For The Artwork Emporium. I Don't Think That'd Be Worth It.

we could ask a mod to move it

Pro #4: True, People Might, But People Also Might Not. What If Our Shop's Appearance Encourages 5 Other Shops To Appear? Then We've Got Competition, And If People That Rival Our Spriting Skills Come Along, We May Not Be Considered Elites.

i Like Competitons :). Though Really, I Don't Think That's Going To Happen

And All In All, A Move To The Artwork Emporium Would Change The Whole Purpose Of This Shop. As Spire's Said Before, This Shop Is Really Supposed To Be More Of A Friendly Thing. The Artwork Emporium Is Too Art-oriented. The Custom Pokemon Shop Would Completely Lose Its Feel There, I Think.

agreed

#1 - We Can, And Have Put A Limit On Requests. But We'll Have To Close Down Once A Week Unless We Put Every Spare Moment In Our Lives Into Working On Requests, With Both The Members We Already Have And Artwork Emporium Frequenters Requesting.

agreed But We Could Always Do The Whole 2 Reqest Per Week Thing.

#2 - We Can Work At Our Own Pace But, Again, We'll Have To Close Down Once A Week.

Possible Solution Above But I Agree.

#3 - I Would Like To See A Slight Expansion Of Our Audience As Well. However, An Audience Expansion Like That Could Totally Overwhelm Us.

i Think The 5-6 Of Us Could Handle It But The It Would Need A Lot More Effort From Everyone.

The Poke Center Has, In Fact, Done everything For This Shop. It's Thanks To The "favorite Pokemon" Topic That Spire Tried Fusing Pokemon And Resulted In Him Deciding He Wanted To Create A Shop, And I Did Already, So We Collaborated And Made This Shop. It's Thanks To All Of The Poke Center Regulars That This Got Up And Running. It's Thanks To How The Poke Center Is That We've Been Able To Flourish -- The Poke Center Is A Community Of Its Own, And Being A Part Of That Community Is Fun.

agreed :p

And The Way You Phrased That Made Me Realize Exactly What A Move To The Artwork Emporium Would Be. We'd Be Abandoning The Small Community That Made Us Get Where We Are Because We've Become Popular And Can Soar To Greater Heights. We'd Be Selling Out, Without The Money. And I Don't Want To Do That.

um...agreed :p But We Already Are Dying In Ways :(

It's A Good Idea, And Again, One That I've Tossed Around Myself, But I Wouldn't Want To Do It.

Wiimaniac, If You Want To Post Your Customs, You Can Do It In The Social Group For This Shop -- Here's The Link.

Er, Actually, I Forgot It Was Invite Only. You Can Post The Link Here, Since I Don't Know How Long It'll Take For Zrky To Get To Your Request To Join.
In The Future Though, If You Want To Post Your Customs For Getting Opinions, You Should Do It In There.

Red Red Red

EDIT: What just happened to the writing? Every word is capitalized.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Stop breaking stuff Bowser! :<

Anyway, I say the members (Firus, Spire, Bowser, Meta-Kirby, Mewter, and Zrky) all do a vote.

If it's a tie, the regulars vote as well (Me, Xace-K, and Korain). And yeah.

WiiManiac1

Smash Cadet
WiiManiac, if you want to post your customs, you can do it in the Social Group for this shop -- here's the link.

Er, actually, I forgot it was invite only. You can post the link here, since I don't know how long it'll take for zrky to get to your request to join.
In the future though, if you want to post your customs for getting opinions, you should do it in there.
Thank you. I will just wait until he gets my request.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Stop breaking stuff Bowser! :<

Anyway, I say the members (Firus, Spire, Bowser, Meta-Kirby, Mewter, and Zrky) all do a vote.

If it's a tie, the regulars vote as well (Me, Xace-K, and Korain). And yeah.
What did I break? :confused: Ya...I don't get it.

That should work. Though It's up to firus if he wants a vote.

Top Bottom