• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, Firus. Your really good. It takes super skills to make a hermaphrodite pokemon trainer NOT look disturbing. :laugh:

Can't wait for my fire Swalot, I've wanted to see that one particular pokemon in fire form since I got Ruby version. (In case you can't tell, I like weird pokemon. And yes, I liek mudkips. XD)

I'm gonna have to pick those games up again....
Haha, thanks. I'm pretty surprised it didn't end up looking really weird myself.

Well, I'm almost there. I think I have...what, 1 request left now until I get to it? And the way I've been going tonight, I might get to it soon.

Speaking of...

zrky, Manaphy/Tentacruel is done.

XACE-K, my back sprite is done. Instead of doing it from scratch or loosely editing from the frontal sprites, I sort of cheated and fused the back sprites of Beedrill and Suicune. I made sure to keep it consistent with the original, though. If I had tried editing it from the front sprite or worse, doing it from scratch, it probably would've turned out pretty poorly, so I think this was probably the best thing.

MysticKenji, I finished the fusion of 3rd + 4th gen Jigglypuff. I completely forgot about it, I guess I forgot to add it to the "Pending Requests" list and then forgot about it. In any case, here it is.

Finally, zrky, I finished the Regis fusion. It came out a lot better than my last attempt at fusing them; that was the three originals without Regigigas. It still doesn't look perfect, but...seriously, I'll show you my previous attempt:

TOTALLY awful.

This attempt is much better, in my opinion:

Spire

III
BRoomer
oooo

"complex" Fusions Seem To Be All The Rage These Days. I'll Offer My Idea:

Kabutops + Aerodactyl + Omastar Fusion.
No One Called This!?! Miiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, thanks. I'm pretty surprised it didn't end up looking really weird myself.

Well, I'm almost there. I think I have...what, 1 request left now until I get to it? And the way I've been going tonight, I might get to it soon.

Speaking of...

zrky, Manaphy/Tentacruel is done.

XACE-K, my back sprite is done. Instead of doing it from scratch or loosely editing from the frontal sprites, I sort of cheated and fused the back sprites of Beedrill and Suicune. I made sure to keep it consistent with the original, though. If I had tried editing it from the front sprite or worse, doing it from scratch, it probably would've turned out pretty poorly, so I think this was probably the best thing.

MysticKenji, I finished the fusion of 3rd + 4th gen Jigglypuff. I completely forgot about it, I guess I forgot to add it to the "Pending Requests" list and then forgot about it. In any case, here it is.

Finally, zrky, I finished the Regis fusion. It came out a lot better than my last attempt at fusing them; that was the three originals without Regigigas. It still doesn't look perfect, but...seriously, I'll show you my previous attempt:

TOTALLY awful.

Firus, you win too much. That back view of Beedruicune. Aaahhh!!! That's so cool! That's how I was planning on doing mine - just taking the back sprites and fusing them, but still. That's just way too awesome. Great work! I'm going to get started on mine now.

Also, those Regi fusions are to die for - both are unique and feel entirely different. I love them both and could not tell you which I prefer. Just -- awesome.

EDIT: Also, about those "devamped" Pokemon. Looks to me like you just desaturated them ;) I think to truly devamp them, you have to add much more black, around most edges, and some places should be fully shaded. Here's an example:

That is the original sprite of Mew as seen on a Gameboy Color. The palette is very limited - mostly resulting with an overuse of that creamy-white color with slight purple/pink pixels to help shape the form. Furthermore, because they had such a limited palette, shadows were much more intense, and is why black is used much more than it is today. See its left leg? Almost completely black (or whatever dark color it really is). If you really want to revamp a Pokemon, you have to precisely recolor it, pixel-by-pixel, being very meticulous about your colors. I suggest that you limit your palette beforehand to maybe 4 or 5 colors - and remember, these must be slightly monotonous. It's much easier to revamp a Pokemon than to devamp one.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, you win too much. That back view of Beedruicune. Aaahhh!!! That's so cool! That's how I was planning on doing mine - just taking the back sprites and fusing them, but still. That's just way too awesome. Great work! I'm going to get started on mine now.

Also, those Regi fusions are to die for - both are unique and feel entirely different. I love them both and could not tell you which I prefer. Just -- awesome.
Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it. Otherwise I'd feel cheap. Glad you like it, it did come out looking rather nicely. :)

As for the Regi fusions...wait, you actually LIKE the other one? I'm surprised you didn't throw up at Regiristeel. Awful. All I did was tack Regirock's shoulder blades onto Registeel's body and add Regice's arms onto those. Simple and not entirely attractive either, in my opinion. Even so, I'm glad you like it.

Also, Majora...it's the moment you've been waiting for...

Ta-da!

So...what do you think? I hope it's not a letdown, since you've been waiting for this for a while...

Sheesh, I've cut through a ton of requests tonight. And I'm still not ready to stop! ;)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it. Otherwise I'd feel cheap. Glad you like it, it did come out looking rather nicely. :)

As for the Regi fusions...wait, you actually LIKE the other one? I'm surprised you didn't throw up at Regiristeel. Awful. All I did was tack Regirock's shoulder blades onto Registeel's body and add Regice's arms onto those. Simple and not entirely attractive either, in my opinion. Even so, I'm glad you like it.

Ta-da!

So...what do you think? I hope it's not a letdown, since you've been waiting for this for a while...

Sheesh, I've cut through a ton of requests tonight. And I'm still not ready to stop! ;)
Even though your second attempt was much more thorough and customized, the first had something great about... its arms. I dunno, I just really liked them.

Also... that's gorgeous. I'd eat it, but I don't want to crack my monitor trying to scoop it out with a spoon. I definitely would have taken that, but I forgot what a Swalot was at the time that he posted the requests.

Also, I posted some info on the "devamping" in my last post if you didn't see. Check it out.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

TOTALLY awful.

:) the first attempt doesn't look that bad, but the second attempt looks allot better, thanks I like it allot. ( Might make it my avatar)
Im not sure if it's to soon to request another fusion, but could I have a totodile/piplup please (not sure if you noticed, but I like water types)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: Also, about those "devamped" Pokemon. Looks to me like you just desaturated them ;) I think to truly devamp them, you have to add much more black, around most edges, and some places should be fully shaded. Here's an example:

That is the original sprite of Mew as seen on a Gameboy Color. The palette is very limited - mostly resulting with an overuse of that creamy-white color with slight purple/pink pixels to help shape the form. Furthermore, because they had such a limited palette, shadows were much more intense, and is why black is used much more than it is today. See its left leg? Almost completely black (or whatever dark color it really is). If you really want to revamp a Pokemon, you have to precisely recolor it, pixel-by-pixel, being very meticulous about your colors. I suggest that you limit your palette beforehand to maybe 4 or 5 colors - and remember, these must be slightly monotonous. It's much easier to revamp a Pokemon than to devamp one.
No, I swear--I recolored them. They probably look like that because the sprites I have are black and white, not colored. So yeah, I took the pallette of that and applied it. I took the lightest colors (for example, with Mudkip, there's the colors for his tail, the base colors, and the colors for his cheek things, so I take the lightest of all of those) and made them all the lightest color in the pallette, same with the next darkest, etc. They didn't take me long, but they took a solid 5 minutes, at least--it wasn't "Apply filter, done!"

I should've done more with it, though, you're right...that was really stupid of me.

M.K

Level 55
Thanks for letting me in the shop everyone, its totally awesome to be spriting again! Here is my first work after a long time, it's a Suntorb!

I hope you like it....oh, and to anyone that might be posting here, I'm not able to do requests at this point in my job status, but if you do like my work, I sincerely thank you in advance!

Spire

III
BRoomer
No, I swear--I recolored them. They probably look like that because the sprites I have are black and white, not colored. So yeah, I took the pallette of that and applied it. I took the lightest colors (for example, with Mudkip, there's the colors for his tail, the base colors, and the colors for his cheek things, so I take the lightest of all of those) and made them all the lightest color in the pallette, same with the next darkest, etc. They didn't take me long, but they took a solid 5 minutes, at least--it wasn't "Apply filter, done!"

I should've done more with it, though, you're right...that was really stupid of me.
No no no, don't beat yourself up over it, it's fine. What I would do if I devamped a Pokemon would be to do what I said before, then, if I want it to be desaturated, I would then turn the saturation all the way down, because then it's like seeing them on a Gameboy, then on a Gameboy color. Stupid comparison. I'm tired.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The flaming Swalot, back view of Beedruicuine(or whatever its name is) and all the Regis fused look amazing.

Just to let you guys know, I have more challenges to give you. When Spire finishes his back view, I'll give you a new one.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Ta-da!

YOU sir are amazing. o_o The regis fusion, the back view and the Swalot are all...hm...gimme a sec, gotta find one word for super-awesome..... :ohwell:

Wrath`

Smash Master
wow sweet stuff, I would like the ledgendary birds of gen 1 revamped.

also 2nd gen> 1st>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3rd>>>>>>>>>>>>>><><<>>>>>><>><
????????????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>4th

majora_787

Smash Hero
I went to play R/S versions and realized that the games are just plain off. ._. How much do diamond and pearl versions cost? Out of curiosity?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No no no, don't beat yourself up over it, it's fine. What I would do if I devamped a Pokemon would be to do what I said before, then, if I want it to be desaturated, I would then turn the saturation all the way down, because then it's like seeing them on a Gameboy, then on a Gameboy color. Stupid comparison. I'm tired.
Well, I'm working on making them look a little more devamped. You brought up a good point with shading being completely black in some places on some Pokemon, and that's something to keep in mind. Thanks for pointing it out.

The flaming Swalot, back view of Beedruicuine(or whatever its name is) and all the Regis fused look amazing.

Just to let you guys know, I have more challenges to give you. When Spire finishes his back view, I'll give you a new one.
Thanks, I'm glad you like them, and I look forward to the challenges. :)

YOU sir are amazing. o_o The regis fusion, the back view and the Swalot are all...hm...gimme a sec, gotta find one word for super-awesome..... :ohwell:
Haha, thanks, I'm glad you like him. :)

O_O so many fusions....no wait, so many AMAZING fusions. Great job firus :)
Thanks. :)

wow sweet stuff, I would like the ledgendary birds of gen 1 revamped.

also 2nd gen> 1st>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3rd>>>>>>>>>>>>>><><<>>>>>><>><
????????????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>4th
Ooh! I want Articuno and Zapdos. I'll take Moltres unless Spire wants it, too, but I won't claim it yet.

I went to play R/S versions and realized that the games are just plain off. ._. How much do diamond and pearl versions cost? Out of curiosity?
D/P probably cost about $30 ($29.99) - $35 ($34.99). If you get it used, you may be able to get it cheaper, but I wouldn't guarantee it. I'd say it's worth it, though; while I think 4th gen is the worst thus far, I still think it was fun.
Unless you just wait for Platinum, which would probably be the smart thing to do unless you're dying for one of the others. But we'll probably get it this time or maybe a little earlier next year, so if you really want one badly, then you may want to do it now.

I'm going to go ahead and use Beedruicune's back sprite as my avitar...
Yay! :)

So...I should have more free time now, even more so than this weekend, so...as I'm sure someone from some movie, video game, or book, said; prepare yourselves. ;)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I hope you guys aren't TOO busy.

Vigoroth + Ursaring fusion
Jirachi + Shellos fusion
Leafeon + Pikachu fusion
Munchlax + Snubbull fusion
Girafarig + Absol fusion
Drifloon + Marill fusion
Larvitar + Bagon fusion

majora_787

Smash Hero
D/P probably cost about $30 ($29.99) - $35 ($34.99). If you get it used, you may be able to get it cheaper, but I wouldn't guarantee it. I'd say it's worth it, though; while I think 4th gen is the worst thus far, I still think it was fun.
Unless you just wait for Platinum, which would probably be the smart thing to do unless you're dying for one of the others. But we'll probably get it this time or maybe a little earlier next year, so if you really want one badly, then you may want to do it now.
Well I asked because my ruby and sapphire versions went all weird. I can still play them but they just...went weird. And I'd never heard anything about a platinum coming out, so thanks for stopping me. lol.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hey hope you guys want more fusions.:)
piplup/mudkip/totodile/squirtle
skorupi/elekid
bulbasour/turtwig
defese deoxys/golem

Hope you can make them, you guys are awsome at this.

Mewter

Smash Master

Jirachi + Shellos fusion
Leafeon + Pikachu fusion
Girafarig + Absol fusion
Drifloon + Marill fusion
Larvitar + Bagon fusion

:dizzy:
Nice One:laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You did a great job on the Frecko, Firus. XD

I have a whole list of requests for you guys, but it'll be a few days before I get on the computer that has it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
2 Requests complete

...Wow, Krystal, instead of wall of text, wall of requests. :laugh:
S'okay, though; as long as we all pitch in it shouldn't be difficult.

Out of your and zrky's requests, I call:

• ~Krystal~'s "Drifloon + Marill fusion"
  • zrky's "Piplup/Mudkip/Totodile/Squirtle
  • zrky's "Bulbasaur/Turtwig"

could u do something diffrent itsw not really a pokemon but what ever ^_^
could u make all or some of the brawl characters as pokemon sprites? if its stupid or whatever just ingore this
Well, it certainly sounds interesting...but as you've seen from my experience, I can't do customs for my life, so I'll leave the decision of whether or not to do this up to Spire.

Also, Majora, first of all, if your R/S game(s) are broken, I'd advise buying new ones of those, not replacing it with fourth gen. Assuming you can find them relatively cheap, obviously. I saw all three of them used the other day at GameStop, no box or anything, and Ruby and Emerald were both $34.99, and Sapphire was $29.99. TOTAL ripoff, I have no idea what they're thinking; Emerald is a couple of years old and R/S are EXTREMELY old. Like, when did they come out? 2003? Heck, I don't even think GBA games were ever $35 while they were NEW, while the GBA was still in circulation, etc.
In any case, assuming you can find it cheap, I'd get a 3rd gen game, not a 4th gen to replace it, and then get Platinum when it comes out (If you've not heard of it, there's a thread here in the Pokecenter about it, with information, etc., created by Bowser.) for fourth gen. At least, that's my opinion.

Just out of curiousity, what's wrong with the games?
Also, I completed the Fire Type Treecko.

Finally, Ryudo Sama, I finished Ninetails/Ho-Oh.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewter said:

To

Mewtwo Revamped

Psychic
AWESOME. It captures the Yellow sprite and Mewtwo very well, yet at the same time, you removed that odd feeling of it...almost happiness...and made it feel colder. Which is how a DNA experiment that killed its creators should look like. Great job. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
They aren't BROKEN...It's just that nothing happens anymore. The NPCs don't want to fight anymore, nothing grows, I don't get different wild pokemon, and my only real means of experience are victory road and the elite four. Also, the TV's don't show anything either. It's been like this for about a year, which is why I stopped playing them.

Not sure what's wrong with the games at all. But both of them just seemed to stop being active, right in the middle of Sapphire. So I really dunno what's up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They aren't BROKEN...It's just that nothing happens anymore. The NPCs don't want to fight anymore, nothing grows, I don't get different wild pokemon, and my only real means of experience are victory road and the elite four. Also, the TV's don't show anything either. It's been like this for about a year, which is why I stopped playing them.

Not sure what's wrong with the games at all. But both of them just seemed to stop being active, right in the middle of Sapphire. So I really dunno what's up.
Ooh...that's not good. Do you have any way of trading your Pokemon or no Pokemon worth keeping, so you could restart the game to see if that would do anything? I don't know if that would help, and probably wouldn't, but it's something that springs to mind, that might work. If you have no way of keeping your Pokemon then and you want to keep them, don't do it, just a suggestion just in case.

It sounds like that's something wrong with something or other...I'd imagine it's an internal problem, like something's not matching up in the cartridge or...something, I don't know; I'm no technical expert, but that's what it sounds like. But I don't think it'd be worth it trying to get it fixed unless you know someone skilled with that kind of stuff that you wouldn't end up paying for, might as well buy a new one.

Also, SklyerOcon, I completed your challenge.

The overall pink hue is kind of funny at first, but I think that, surprisingly, it doesn't take away from its ability to be taken seriously at all. But maybe that's just me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
After it started happening I traded some of my pokemon for a couple of beldams. It was a training trade, then we switched back. The only problems are:

-NPC trainers other than the elite four act like I fought them recently.
-Berry plants don't grow, and just die.
-People who give me something every time I turn on the game when I talk to them act like they just gave it to me.
-Some pokemon don't appear when they should. For example Pinser doesn't show up in the pokemon range or w/e it's called anymore.
-Friends in their bases say I just fought them. They also don't update.
-The TVs in cities don't turn on with commercials unless I just won something.

Nothing serious has happened yet, but it's like I literally have nothing to do anymore. It happened on Sapphire too, and I'm just over halfway through that game since I lost it. After that I reset the sapphire name and it started out okay, but after a little while I realized that it was still messed up. :urg:

ALSO, resetting my ruby version is out of the question at this point, I am NOT losing a level 100 sceptile. I already lost a level 100 when my Silver version was corrupted, but NO. NOT AGAIN. :urg:

*SIDE NOTE* I can't even play Silver anymore because I can;t play it on my DS, and my gameboy advance is missing. -_-

OKAY anyway. I found a request. It's a fire type Snover, I think it's name is.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
have you ever put your games near something magnetic, because as you may know it causes problems with electronics. I accidentaly did that to one of my games and random things happened similar to your description.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I put my games in pouches in my room, which has nothing magnetic in it.

I've taken precautions to make sure nothing like that gets to the games. No fridge magnets, no magnetic metals, nothing. I dunno what's up with it. My friends who got the game around the same time I did are having the same problems, but my cousin who got the game like months back (won it in an auction) hasn't had the problem. So I don't know.:ohwell:

Spire

III
BRoomer

Jirachi + Shellos fusion
Leafeon + Pikachu fusion
Girafarig + Absol fusion
Drifloon + Marill fusion
Larvitar + Bagon fusion
I call:
Drifloon + Marill fusion
Girafarig + Absol fusion

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
After it started happening I traded some of my pokemon for a couple of beldams. It was a training trade, then we switched back. The only problems are:

-NPC trainers other than the elite four act like I fought them recently.
-Berry plants don't grow, and just die.
-People who give me something every time I turn on the game when I talk to them act like they just gave it to me.
-Some pokemon don't appear when they should. For example Pinser doesn't show up in the pokemon range or w/e it's called anymore.
-Friends in their bases say I just fought them. They also don't update.
-The TVs in cities don't turn on with commercials unless I just won something.

Nothing serious has happened yet, but it's like I literally have nothing to do anymore. It happened on Sapphire too, and I'm just over halfway through that game since I lost it. After that I reset the sapphire name and it started out okay, but after a little while I realized that it was still messed up. :urg:

ALSO, resetting my ruby version is out of the question at this point, I am NOT losing a level 100 sceptile. I already lost a level 100 when my Silver version was corrupted, but NO. NOT AGAIN. :urg:

*SIDE NOTE* I can't even play Silver anymore because I can;t play it on my DS, and my gameboy advance is missing. -_-

OKAY anyway. I found a request. It's a fire type Snover, I think it's name is.
Hrm...did you ever get a message saying that the Internal Battery has run dry? That's definitely what it sounds like. Not that I know especially what happens, but when you see that message, it says "Time-based events will no longer occur" which certainly sounds like EXACTLY what you're describing. In which case, you probably have to replace the Internal Battery.

As for resetting, if that's true, DON'T. Something actually rather disappointing on that same note happened with my Ruby, only it was entirely preventable and I'm just a complete moron. And with my Gold version, to boot.

With my Ruby, I traded over my team (which consisted of my starter and everyone else I acquired and put in my team while going through the game) to my Sapphire to beat the Elite 4, I believe. Then, I decided I wanted to restart Sapphire at some later date, forgetting to trade my team back first...yeah, epic failure. Fortunately, this encouraged me to create an entirely new team, which ended up being a team I actually EV trained, etc, and trained up to lv 100 while I completed my Pokedex. Still, that was really full of failure.

With my Gold, I saw something online that you could press certain buttons (some button and a direction) to change the time, you just have to put in your Trainer ID. Well, for whatever reason, it didn't work for me, so I kept trying it every so often. Also, by this point in time, I had only two Pokemon left to get for my Pokedex; Dragonair and Dragonite, I believe. One time, just for kicks, I hit a different direction. The screen popped up with "Would you like to delete your game?" or something like that. I FLIPPED, and was like "Okay, pick 'no' immediately!" and went down and pressed A without even looking or thinking, since...well, 'no' is normally on the bottom. Well, in this case, it wasn't. EVERYTHING GONE. Including my Shiny Sneasel, which I caught totally legitimately; my first and only one in Gold, and first out of two total. :(

I call:
Drifloon + Marill fusion
Bowser already called the former, I already called the latter.

Also, Yaya, I completed Mewtwo/Speed Deoxys. Man, it's got to be one of my favorites yet. It's not entirely complicated; I even tried adding the things on Deoxys's legs, but when I did, it took away from the feel I already had and liked, so I kept it at that. Not sure if you guys'll like it as much as I do, but it's one of my favorites.

I named it Deoxyribus because, as you may or may not know, Deoxyribonucleic Acid is DNA, and since Deoxys and Mewtwo are both related to it, I figured it'd sound better than some awkward fusion of the two names. Hope you like him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
My warning was people I hadn't fought in two months acting like I had just fought them. They were people I used to fight all the time because they were easy to reach. I got no MESSAGE, it just happened.

Also, I remembered one of my requests earlier. It was a fire type Snover(Not sure if that's what it's called.)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nice job with the back view of Persol Bowser. Also good job with Dragentew and Deoxyribus Firus. Now I just got to wait for Spire's back view...

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Done my regi fusion. Arms seem a little to long but that's my only way of implementing all the regis.
WoW this is very good, it is very much how I envisioned it.

Firus, awsome job on the Deoxyribus(not sure how it was spelled) to me it's as if Mewtwo was supposed to b like that originally.

Top Bottom