• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55

I redid Snovain with Pillow Shading. It's tedious, but does it work?
That's for me to not know, and you to tell me D=

Wrath`

Smash Master
Like any cares what you say :rolleyes:

:p

Also, the last 3 sprites were awesome.

Melee's 7th anniversary!! One of the most awesome games ever is already 7 :)

-:bowser:Bowser King
so roy turns 7 today, w00t

This is mad awesome, can someone make the background transparent so I can avytize it? thanks in advance.

Also, internet+ sarcasm= fail
Internet+ zook= win.

I think the pillow shading of snovian is much better Meta-K

XACE-K

Smash Master
Like any cares what you say :rolleyes:

Everybody cares about what I say. :p

Melee ftw.

That looks genuine. If both Skitty and Wailord were never invented, this could easily pass as a legit Pokemon. That's sprite mastery right there.
Agreed. But if they weren't invented, what would it be called?
The name of the fusion doesn't count.

Wrath`

Smash Master
[/COLOR]

Everybody cares about what I say. :p

Melee ftw.

Agreed. But if they weren't invented, what would it be called?
The name of the fusion doesn't count.

Feliobilimp Cat+ blimp like object, and scine they did'nt have drifloon back then it would be the first blimp pokemon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Koarin, the sprite has a transparent background......
also you have to remember that pokemon names can't be longer than 10 letters;)

xace stop trying to be cool, we never "listen" to you

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Holy crap, I completely forgot it's Melee's birthday! I feel so ashamed, I only remembered that it was Brawl's initial release date...
Then again, I wasn't following Melee's release as I didn't have a Gamecube when it came out. I wasn't following games in general very well at that time, actually.

This is mad awesome, can someone make the background transparent so I can avytize it? thanks in advance.
It IS transparent, it just doesn't work with avatars. You have to recolor it the background color of the site.
But I'll do so. I'm glad you want it as your avatar -- in fact, thanks so much, everyone, for the positive feedback. I'm glad everyone likes it.

EDIT:

Fixed the background for you, Koarin. Also, I had to cut off five pixels because it was 80 pixels in width.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Holy crap, I completely forgot it's Melee's birthday! I feel so ashamed, I only remembered that it was Brawl's initial release date...
Then again, I wasn't following Melee's release as I didn't have a Gamecube when it came out. I wasn't following games in general very well at that time, actually.

It IS transparent, it just doesn't work with avatars. You have to recolor it the background color of the site.
But I'll do so. I'm glad you want it as your avatar -- in fact, thanks so much, everyone, for the positive feedback. I'm glad everyone likes it.

EDIT:

Fixed the background for you, Koarin. Also, I had to cut off five pixels because it was 80 pixels in width.
I did not know that, thanks for redoing the background.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
*takes latin*

I want to be awesome ;)

seriously, I probably will take it. There are so many cool stuff that I don't understand because it's in latin V_V

A_man13

Smash Master
If I have any interest in the fields of Medicine and Law, I might take Latin in collage. Till then Prefiero Espanol.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'd take anything aslong as I get a chance to drop french. There are so many rules it makes my head hurt. The add pointless things JUST to bother you >_>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*takes latin*

I want to be awesome ;)

seriously, I probably will take it. There are so many cool stuff that I don't understand because it's in latin V_V

Yes, take it. It is the best language ever. Even though it is dead.
It'll help you anyways, because the romance languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) are derived from it, and beyond that a lot of English is derived from it as well.

Latin is lame. Go for Spanish.

Mi vecino es muy amable!
I take back that motivational poster.

tu es caudex, et locutum eras verbi pravi.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
after 4 years of taking latin in high school, it is an epic language. btw we called spanish dirty latin, italian lazy latin, and you dont want to know what we called french.

M.K

Level 55
Fatuus pueri!

Yeah, I'm in Latin I. It's a hot language, I'm having loads of trouble remembering the declensions >_< But it's way easy compared to other things.
You wanna know the Latin word for Water? Aqua.
You wanna know the Latin word for "A light two-wheeled carriage"? Cisium.
You wanna know the Latin word for stupid, boy, girl, mother, father, sister, and brother? Fatuus, puer, puella, mater, pater, soror, and frater.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heh, I learned "stultus" as stupid. But "fatuus" is less obvious, which is always better -- that way you can insult people without them being able to tell it (which is useless in Spanish, since "stupido" is incredibly obvious).

Not that that's my motive for knowing Latin. It's just always a plus to knowing a foreign language.

And jigglyppuff, I beg to differ. While that was a hilarious addition, Java is annoying. At least when you're trying to program in it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
after 4 years of taking latin in high school, it is an epic language. btw we called spanish dirty latin, italian lazy latin, and you dont want to know what we called french.
Makes perfect sence, im taking french (no latin at my school) spanish was my first language a couple months later i strted speaking english and I know some italian

Shoes in spanish: Zapados.
it's actually "zapatos"

did MK say "stupid people!"?
Si me quieren hablar en espanol no tengan mideo no les voy a gritar;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you want to speak in Spanish...something...you're going to yell?

I remember a little bit of Spanish when I took it in Elementary and Middle School. Latin helps a little bit.

Either way, Latina linguina optima est.
Don't deny it.

Oh, and MK actually said "stupid boys".

M.K

Level 55
Makes perfect sence, im taking french (no latin at my school) spanish was my first language a couple months later i strted speaking english and I know some italian

it's actually "zapatos"

I said "Stupid Boys!"

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I was close,
firus, I said "If you want to talk to me in Spanish don't be afraid i won't yell at you" basically for the sake of if you make a mistake i won't caps lock 7 font. and did you say Latin is the best language?

A_man13

Smash Master

it's actually "zapatos"

I know, I know. Skewing the truth slightly...

Mi burro sabe mas que tu. Mi burro esta el mas estupido animale en todo el mundo.

My spanish teacher taught us a very dirty word in spanish. I'd let you guess, but that's not something I'm gonna let fly easily.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was close,
firus, I said "If you want to talk to me in Spanish don't be afraid i won't yell at you" basically for the sake of if you make a mistake i won't caps lock 7 font. and did you say Latin is the best language?
Oh, heh. Well, I got the words pretty much right, just not the person...
Well, it wasn't really a very good interpretation. But I thought I'd forgotten all of my Spanish, with reason, so I'm happy that I got that much right.

And yes, I did.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Latin laid down the foundation for the rest of the Romance languages so:
if Latin-->Spanish and Latin = Lame, then Spanish = Lame.

Also, Java > all other languages.
Actually, Hindu (I don't think it's Hindu, but one of the middle-eastern languages) is an equal foundation for Spanish. So ha. :chuckle:

Besides, if Latin was any good, it wouldn't be dead. Really.

French is the worst, though. WE HAVE CONSONANTS FOR A REASON.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually, Hindu (I don't think it's Hindu, but one of the middle-eastern languages) is an equal foundation for Spanish. So ha. :chuckle:
Still. Spanish has a lot of roots in Latin. I've taken it, and every unit I went over derivatives -- a lot of words had Spanish derivatives.
If it's got enough derivation from Latin, it wouldn't be the same language without Latin, other influences or not.

Or maybe it's dead so that only intelligent people will use it...

It's a very cool language, in my opinion. And again, it's useful since you find derivatives from a good few languages with it. For instance, you may not have known what "puerile" in English meant, but taking Latin you know that "puer" means "boy", so you can come to the conclusion that "puerile" means "juvenile" (as "boy" refers not to the gender, but a young male). You're closer that way anyways.

Some would call it an "ugly" language. It's not very elegant, but people consider French to be a "pretty" language, and...yeah, as you said, French is just kind of WHAT THE CRAP. So that doesn't really matter. It's just...a very interesting language. Why it didn't stand the test of time, I don't know.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Linguistics shop coming soon. I actualy take latin currently. but Japeneese> all.

All the simple english words are germanic, but the cool fancy ones are latin.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nosotros es _________

Someone fill in the blank
You mean "estamos". >.>

And applause for Koarin. Although I disagree that Japanese is better than everything else -- although, I would like to learn it. It would be INCREDIBLY useful for gaming, especially for all of the Japanese titles that we never get *COUGHPokemonGreenCOUGH*.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

French is the worst, though. WE HAVE CONSONANTS FOR A REASON.
Seriously? I know some hindi due to living near Toronto and having people teach me.

Hears a sentence non of you will get...

Namaste, Thu kuta pasand kartha ho?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Guys, let's get back on topic please. But since you're soooooooooo caught up in talking in different languages...

Парни, давайте возвращаться на теме пожалуйста.

Top Bottom