• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
After I win mad money matches against noobs with my Olimar I'm gonna MAKE it rain all over web2zone. Better grab an umbrella.

Oh snap I'm not even going to this weekly.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Crap

I'll go, but I might be a little late. I wanna go home and grab my controller, and my Wii with Smash if you need it. But I'll be there after work, money in my hand. =D.

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm laughin at how Halberd is such a big deal, when no one has really yet tested out Port Town to see if its a viable tourney stage or not. At least the hazards in Halberd don't kill right away and are super easy to avoid. If you see the claw, obviously you'll be on point to roll away or grab the edge the moment it attacks. The laser beam is so easy to smash DI out of its not even funny, and the stupid slow cannon ball gives away where its gonna land before it lands. Stupid stuff on this stage does slow down the gameplay and may make both parties resort to camping for a while before everything resumes, but at least its temporary...and AT LEAST you can grap the edge.

Now for Port Town...can you grab the edges?

Can you smash DI outta anything to survive?

Can you always see the cars coming?

Not being a b*tch but trying to make sense to ppl who aren't really voicing any opinions.

I didn't wanna post yet, because I knew ppl would probably think I'm just forcing views on ppl so I just waited to see what NYC said, but so far only Rockin and a couple handful of ppl are really contributing.

Even Onett's cars are easy to deal w/ now when you play. I remember back then them joints would kill around 100%.

No disrespect to any smashers, but I'd rather play in a fair and balanced tourney w/ a limited amount of stages, than a play random lottery ticket w/ all sorts of outcomes and no real chance of me or anyone else winning when it comes to wit, skill, and patience. With all the "amazing" stages on there'll be too many chances for ppl to exploit gayness and there'll be less ppl coming to tourneys.

More fair tourneys=better turnout and word of mouth will spread about the reputation.

Oh yeah and I know this is never happening in NYC, but every other state already adopted the rule when:

Round 1-Winner wins

Round 2-Loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser then picks char.

Round 3-"look at Round 2"

Thats probably the most basic, easiest and least limiting rule when it came to smash.

Obviously we decided to go back to the dark ages, when we tried out the rule where you just stick w/ one char until you lose...then you choose either char or stage. Either or, not both.

>_>

College time ^_^. Bai Bai!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
this weeklie is gonna be amazing lol ZOMG I HEARD ITS GONNA RAIN *** THAT IMA BRING A UMBRELLA-_-
i hate rain
Rain is awesome.

Also, bout stickers, I probably won't have them till 2 weeks from now. They aren't finished this week, and next week I'm going to a convention to sell em'. I'll make sure to go to the weekly after I come back :)

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
wow we got so caught up about stages we didnt decide whose bringing set-ups and such.

i hope we have the full 8 we thought we would. also i havent even beaten the game yet... T_T
Sorry for the double post...I spend the whole day trying to beat the game I started like at 12:45pm to 10:35..It's mad long for no reason >.<

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea but d1 mute city was the same way wit less floor and alot of people couldn't come bak. so itz switch wit more floor and harder hitting cars. the cars you can avoid everywhere though. so it shouldn't be an issue especially if u practice it. itz call a counter pick stage for a reason.

BUM163

Smash Lord
when i get 2 the place and i see enough people. i will discuss the rules there. i will let ya choose so theres no complaining. the majority vote will take over for that week and i will ask every week. is that fair for ya?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
hey what time does this start?! i might be coming from jersey tonight.

BUM163

Smash Lord
the latest will be 7. just know there will be no friendlys or mm's till we are offically done with winners bracket. things will be type strict in order to finish up early. try to be at the place by 6 please if u can. when i get there stages and rules will be discuss and that's the reason why things won't start so soon.

everyweek i will ask the same thing. i will round everyone up and ask ya how ya feel about the stages and rules until we have a for sure agreement to things. right now i'm listening to the smooth snake eater while doin the stages and rules for the weekly.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Okay

I decided to leave work early to make it there on time. Do you guys need my Wii or Smash? Yea, I'll check this when I get home, so please answer. And I should be there by 4:30, correct?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the latest will be 7. just know there will be no friendlys or mm's till we are offically done with winners bracket. things will be type strict in order to finish up early. try to be at the place by 6 please if u can. when i get there stages and rules will be discuss and that's the reason why things won't start so soon.

everyweek i will ask the same thing. i will round everyone up and ask ya how ya feel about the stages and rules until we have a for sure agreement to things. right now i'm listening to the smooth snake eater while doin the stages and rules for the weekly.
Do not forget to PM me those so I can put them up on the first page.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
Announcement

for those that dont know, I quit web2zone. So idk wats gonna behappening with the weeklies maybe one of my co-workers will take them or if not Bum is gonna try and continue them. so yea i'll probably still see ya around tho. KoG Tiresomecow is my Gamertag in Halo if ya wanna play hit me up.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for those that dont know, I quit web2zone. So idk wats gonna behappening with the weeklies maybe one of my co-workers will take them or if not Bum is gonna try and continue them. so yea i'll probably still see ya around tho. KoG Tiresomecow is my Gamertag in Halo if ya wanna play hit me up.

Wow I knew you were getting another job but I did not think it would happen so soon. Sad to see you go. Besides when I worked there you were the only one who know and cared about these guys.

D1

Banned via Administration
OMFG Awesome weekly of epic proportions!

Well last week's weekly was completed:

1)Bum/Leo Split
3)D1

Then this week's singles weekly:

1)Leo/PC Split
3)D1

Teams:
Dire Raffy/Leo Bum?
Snake+Shadow good sH**!

*lost*

Cia

das kwl
Listen Up Mother****ers

the results..

Doubles

1) Going.. Postal??
2) Bum + Leo
3) Snake + Shadow
4) D1 + Ninjalink
5) Fab + Jay0yeah
Glamour Dolls
7) Team Rarely
Hammer Time
9) Poopin *******
Hotbox + Ace163
Blast From the Past
King of Power
13) Bye
Penguin Patrol
Salad Bowl
Alukard + Dionis

Singles

1) Basic Sausage
PC Chris
3) D1
4) Ninjalink
5) Starzonedge
Shadow
7) Fab
Taka
9) Blackanese
Rockin
Ace163
Snake
13) F2B
VaNz
Hotbox
Luck
17) Fernando
Dial
Unknown
Hax
Wes
Pipi
Joker
Bye

------------------------------------------

Good Games everyone. hopefully, there will be many weeklies to come. if not, than it was fun while it lasted..

OMFG, AT PC BEING GOOD AT BRAWL TOO!!! I HATE YOU!!

(not really)

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is Keg, the gay *** wolf player from the glamour dolls rofl

These are just my shoutouts

Alukard and Dionis: It was definitely mad gay how they restarted everything but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't happy about it, stay sexy ;]

Vans and Blackanese: Good set guys

Dire and Raffa: Really good ****, it was so close, but Dires ****ing rob is too good :[

Snake and Shadow: Good stuff guys, it was actually my first time playing a zamus and metaknight is gayer then wolf...dammit :[

Jman: Your too good for brawl man, **** the haters, just challenge em to a MM in melee ;]

Good **** everyone and if there's another one next week you'll probably be seeing me again :D

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
JMAN u better take care of my penguin finger pupet.

Good matches everyone. brawl is a lot of fun i cant wait for the next weekly. Leo beat me 3-2 in winners and we decided to split since it was so late so its safe to assume he'd of won. anyway im tired as fizuck im going to bed shoutsouts tomorrow maybe :D

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I THINK I'M GONNA COME BUT NYC SCARESSS MEEEE.

norly, praking is like 70$. I'll call you lxd if I'm coming tomorrow. I really wanna, since nj has no tournies this week. I mean, wth is that?

KotC 22nd, No Nonsense the week after.

btw, p.c.'s gif is fantastic

Snakeee

Smash Master
Alright I'll do shout outs...

Bum/Leo - Awesome set. Bum you are the only person I've had compliment me (and my brother) when I did something crazy to them besides D1....true sportsmanship. We hadn't lost a single game yet but then when we played you guys you gave us a shut out -_- . Also, Leo you owned me in that singles match I couldn't believe it especially that time I could not get back on the stage with your b airs o_O.

Dire/Raffy - Those had to be the closest teams matches ever. Thanks for giving us credit when everyone was like, who are these guys?

Luck - Good match. You got better since last time that's for sure.

Joker - Nice match. You seem pretty good I can tell what got you was you never played ZSS before right?

Shadow - Taking your older brother out of a tournament should be a sin -_- .

D1 and NL - good **** both brackets. Your set vs PC and Wes was pretty awesome too.

Glamour dolls (o_O) - Good match. I actually played you at a weekly before, Keg. I used Peach and we had a close set. I assume most people weren't used to fighting ZSS so I had the advantage this time...

I might add more when I'm not so tired and can think straight.
Also, sorry for those that thought me using ZSS's armor is cheap. I actually asked Bum about it before the tourney and he said they were allowed to be used. They can be used against me though.

Cort

Apple Head
I wanna come to some NYC weeklies =) I suck at brawl though LOL will be great practice since NYC is always full of crazy potential

Alukard

Smash Hero
I'm laughin at how Halberd is such a big deal, when no one has really yet tested out Port Town to see if its a viable tourney stage or not. At least the hazards in Halberd don't kill right away and are super easy to avoid. If you see the claw, obviously you'll be on point to roll away or grab the edge the moment it attacks. The laser beam is so easy to smash DI out of its not even funny, and the stupid slow cannon ball gives away where its gonna land before it lands. Stupid stuff on this stage does slow down the gameplay and may make both parties resort to camping for a while before everything resumes, but at least its temporary...and AT LEAST you can grap the edge.

Now for Port Town...can you grab the edges?

Can you smash DI outta anything to survive?

Can you always see the cars coming?

Not being a b*tch but trying to make sense to ppl who aren't really voicing any opinions.

I didn't wanna post yet, because I knew ppl would probably think I'm just forcing views on ppl so I just waited to see what NYC said, but so far only Rockin and a couple handful of ppl are really contributing.

Even Onett's cars are easy to deal w/ now when you play. I remember back then them joints would kill around 100%.

No disrespect to any smashers, but I'd rather play in a fair and balanced tourney w/ a limited amount of stages, than a play random lottery ticket w/ all sorts of outcomes and no real chance of me or anyone else winning when it comes to wit, skill, and patience. With all the "amazing" stages on there'll be too many chances for ppl to exploit gayness and there'll be less ppl coming to tourneys.

More fair tourneys=better turnout and word of mouth will spread about the reputation.

Oh yeah and I know this is never happening in NYC, but every other state already adopted the rule when:

Round 1-Winner wins

Round 2-Loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser then picks char.

Round 3-"look at Round 2"

Thats probably the most basic, easiest and least limiting rule when it came to smash.

Obviously we decided to go back to the dark ages, when we tried out the rule where you just stick w/ one char until you lose...then you choose either char or stage. Either or, not both.

>_>

College time ^_^. Bai Bai!
i agree with the huge txt more then anything ... but D1 i feel the same =)

**** lol its mad weird being wack again lol imma def. post more when i get back
i don't mind knowing i'm bad ... wat i don't love is the random **** talk when people don't have the game and telling us we are bad ... and others have had it for probably wat a month and a half now or sumthing ... like dam b serious ... anyways ... i come to the weeklies now to have fun and try to play the game and cuz i'm free on friday nights ... seriously we can't win YET if we DONT HAVE THE F*CKING GAME!!!!!! even if we did give us 2 months as well for practice ... its a big change from melee ... IGNORANT JERKS WERE TALKING SMACK TO US FOR NO REASON ... LIKE I POSTED ON THE BOARDS SAYIN THAT I'M GODLY IN BRAWL ??? SERIOUSLY ... GROW THE F*CK UP ITS A WEEKLY ... NOT A MAJOR TOURNAMENT ... HAVE FUN AND PRACTICE IS REALLY WAT WEEKLIES ARE SUPPOSED TO B ... YA WERE ACTING LIKE THE POT WAS BIG$$

W.E JERKS ... LEO I LOVE YOU FOR NOT **** TALKING AND NOW THAT UR WINNING FOR RESPECTING ME LIKE I RESPECTED U IN MELEE ... GIVE ME SOME TIME I JUST SET UP MY WII AND ONLINE TODAY =D SO I WILL PLAY LIKE A FEW TIMES THIS WEEK ... UNLESS MY GIRL IS FREE FROM CLASS... IF SHE IS ... THEN I WILL B A SUPER NOOB AGAIN XD LOL

D1 AND NL ... THANKS FOR BEING MODEST AND STUFF TOO ^_^

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
dang! i really wanted to go yesterday but i had to baby sit children. oh well imma definetly be there next weekly.

By the way the following ppl I stoled ya FC's:

Blackanese
Ninjalink
DJNintendo
Taka
PC Chris
Darkest
Joker
NC1 Pride
Dial Pwns
Dmbrandon

so its only fair i give u mine

call me at 7186572285

whenever u feel like u wanna battle me, im free on fri,sat & sun
mon-thr im home at 4pm

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Hell no, that equals pure win xD!
haha

sorry big brother.. haha
good games to everyone in teams

glamour dolls- good games i had fun playing you guys.

dire and raffy- really close maches. both sets were really intense. good **** on first you guys.

bum and leo- good **** on first place. close matches but we couldnt pull a win lol. bum, thanks for commenting on combos and stuff that we did. lol hopefully we get to play you guys again soon.

nice matches to everyone i played in singles.

starz- good game. that was close, your olimar is really good.

pipi- haha.. pip**** hope you had fun for your first tournament.

taka- good **** for your first tournament. your diddy was nice lol.

NL- you yelled at snake ofr telling me to air dodge O_o. were you joking around or were you really mad? lol either way nice matches. your zelda was too good.

ehhh... i was hoping for another weekly but now i wonder how long it will be.
oh and jay oh yea, nice seein you again. was hoping to play you, well we played that one match in doubles that you and fab won lol. good game.

Top Bottom