• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcossack

Smash Ace
And by the way, Reaper, something troubles me.

You ask for battle logs just like last time, but this time, you are a competitor. Since we are all trying to keep our teams secret from the competition, then why should we show you our battle logs WITH our teams in them?
That doesn't necessarily mean he'd be able to battle them, and besides, it's too much work to prep a team for EVERY person in other crews.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That doesn't necessarily mean he'd be able to battle them, and besides, it's too much work to prep a team for EVERY person in other crews.
Wait, what? I don't really understand exactly what you're saying, but if it's saying what I think it is, here's my response:

No, Reaper won't necessarily battle everyone...but he gets logs from everyone, so eventually he WILL fight SOMEONE he's gotten a log from.

And you're right, it is too much work to prep a team for every person in every crew. That's why the solution is to not send the battle logs, not to make teams for everyone.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Wait, what? I don't really understand exactly what you're saying, but if it's saying what I think it is, here's my response:

No, Reaper won't necessarily battle everyone...but he gets logs from everyone, so eventually he WILL fight SOMEONE he's gotten a log from.

And you're right, it is too much work to prep a team for every person in every crew. That's why the solution is to not send the battle logs, not to make teams for everyone.
Hmm, good point. Perhaps both players just send the results then?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
What do we do if we can't finish the crews in time?

Like, if it's 5-3, do the people that have 5 just move on?
What if it's 3-3?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What do we do if we can't finish the crews in time?

Like, if it's 5-3, do the people that have 5 just move on?
What if it's 3-3?
I'm not sure the rules, but if it's 5-3 it can't be fair to automatically give victory to the 5 because then whenever a team is in the lead, they can just postpone matches indefinitely and win.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So, Team Mystic Falling Trees Ahoy, I beat Vulcan (in case it wasn't clear) and I'd like to try to have the next match at 9:00 PM EST on Saturday (on the Smogon server). Unless that time happens to be inconvenient, in which case, please feel free to change it. I also apologize now if I am unable to make it, I have a busy day tomorrow, so while I should be home by 9:00, I can't make any promises.

However, I would like to know the shoddy battle name of whoever's next.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
So, Team Mystic Falling Trees Ahoy, I beat Vulcan (in case it wasn't clear) and I'd like to try to have the next match at 9:00 PM EST on Saturday (on the Smogon server). Unless that time happens to be inconvenient, in which case, please feel free to change it. I also apologize now if I am unable to make it, I have a busy day tomorrow, so while I should be home by 9:00, I can't make any promises.

However, I would like to know the shoddy battle name of whoever's next.
i'm up and i go by kenji
i'll try to be sure i'm in a place with internet around that time
if not, we'll do it tomorrow

Wrath`

Smash Master
So, what are the current statuses of the crews so far, all I know is that Me and vulcan are dead stocks on our crew.

drcossack

Smash Ace
LAPD crew: At Chibo's request, I have given you more than enough time to prepare for the second match, and I am tired of waiting. Today is your last chance to get it done.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm at a brawl tournament, won't be able to play until like midnight

i'll do it though, unless someone else wants to...

wait dr cossack do i know you? the brawl tournament is in scranton lol

drcossack

Smash Ace
I'm at a brawl tournament, won't be able to play until like midnight

i'll do it though, unless someone else wants to...

wait dr cossack do i know you? the brawl tournament is in scranton lol
Ah, the one TGPAdmin is hosting for the Spawn Point?

Hmm, it's very possible, though I've never been to TGP or TSP.

Anyway - 2922-0823-4866 is my Brawl FC if you're ever interested in a match. It's been a while (by that, I mean over a year) since I've played Brawl, but there shouldn't be any lag (which is one of the reasons I stopped playing)

drcossack

Smash Ace
You too. Chibo, if you log back onto the Smogon server, let me know.

edit: very good game chibo. Sand Veil or not, I can't believe HP Ice missed 3 times.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
4 100% accuracy moves missed all in a row because of a single sand veil with no other acc changes (no brightpowder or anything)
i dont get it

if any one of those 4 would have hit, i would have won

drcossack

Smash Ace
4 100% accuracy moves missed all in a row because of a single sand veil with no other acc changes (no brightpowder or anything)
i dont get it

if any one of those 4 would have hit, i would have won
The RNG loves me? idk.

It's as bad as the repeated "paralyzed! can't move" crap on my T-Tar though. Who knows how that could have changed the result of the battle.

Either way, for the next round, I think I'm going to sacrifice some of Chomp's speed for an attack boost. I won't be able to take on a Blissey like yours if I run into another one.

M.K

Level 55
The RNG loves me? idk.

It's as bad as the repeated "paralyzed! can't move" crap on my T-Tar though. Who knows how that could have changed the result of the battle.

Either way, for the next round, I think I'm going to sacrifice some of Chomp's speed for an attack boost. I won't be able to take on a Blissey like yours if I run into another one.
If I read this correctly, and I think I did, I'd like to remind you that you can't change teams mid-battle, including items, I believe.

drcossack

Smash Ace
If I read this correctly, and I think I did, I'd like to remind you that you can't change teams mid-battle, including items, I believe.
I know - I meant for the next round, against the winner of Team Zook/Australian Ticks.

That brings me to another question: would we be able to change the order of who battles for different round? As much as I like my current team, it's kind of sucked having to charge in blindly against 3 different teams.

Anyway. Chibo, if you can get Vex or Ultima, I'd like to get my next match done sometime tomorrow - I should be free anytime after 5.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i purposely took notes to make sure things like that werent changed, atleast to the best of my knowledge

and being CP'd like that is the point of crews pretty much

drcossack

Smash Ace
He could change his nature and ev's without it being known but I trust no-one will be that sneaky.
i purposely took notes to make sure things like that werent changed, atleast to the best of my knowledge

and being CP'd like that is the point of crews pretty much
Nah, I wouldn't do that, at least not right now:

Each Crew member may use only ONE team per crew battle. That team may be subbed between crew battles but not during.
Which is also why I asked if we can change the lineup of who battles when. When we talked about it last week, I decided to go first. I'm not entirely sure I want to do that against the next crew I have to battle - as long as all of the battles get done, it shouldn't matter who goes first, correct?

D

Deleted member

You ask for battle logs just like last time, but this time, you are a competitor. Since we are all trying to keep our teams secret from the competition, then why should we show you our battle logs WITH our teams in them?
I'll do it if it makes you feel better. I haven't changed my team since June 2007.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'll do it if it makes you feel better. I haven't changed my team since June 2007.
Even if you don't change your team, you'll still be able to know our strategy...I don't see how anyone except for someone who is not participating in the tourney and is completely unbiased will be able to have the logs sent to them fairly, at least from how I'm looking at it.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Really? ****.

As far as sending the logs: I guess I don't really care either. I revived the one I'm using just for this tourney 'cause it was the cheesiest one I had and it's got a good winrate. Hell, I'd even post my team, I doubt I'm ever going to use it after this tourney ends.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well, as long as we're all johning - Sorry about not being as good as I should have been in our match Mystic. I was way too careless - messed up very basic strategies, forgot about how hard counters don't always correlate to type, and used a less than ideal EV spread on my last pokemon.

But don't worry about the next match, I'm sure it will be tougher.

@ Umbreon - is using the same team over and over again a good idea? Metagames tend to evolve, and Platinum switched up the rules on you a bit. I've been cycling through different teams constantly to see what works.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I wonder how the coding in shoddy randomizes accuracy, paralisis and evasivness? Is it a mathmatical formula? I have always thought of it as a roullette or something like that that morphs to the current round information.

I am with Umbreon, I rarly change my team also, mabey a move or two here every once in a while.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
@ Umbreon - is using the same team over and over again a good idea? Metagames tend to evolve, and Platinum switched up the rules on you a bit. I've been cycling through different teams constantly to see what works.
I can't believe you just questioned the guy whose record with that team, as of March 6 this year, was 262-2-1-1. That made me lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I can't believe you just questioned the guy whose record with that team, as of March 6 this year, was 262-2-1-1. That made me lol.
Wait, what?

How do you know that?

(and what does that even mean? I would think there would be three numbers - number of wins, number of losses, and number of ties. In which case I'm actually astounded that that reconrd is possible - in that I have found the smogon server not reliable enough that I could simply never forfeit a match due to minor bugs in the system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom