• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcossack

Smash Ace
the more crews that finish up the more inclined the rest of them will be to do the same :\
Or, in my case, if the other crew doesn't finish by the deadline, I won't accept matches (unless the tournament director yells at me.) Though I can't speak for anyone else, if we're given a deadline & the other team fails to finish by said time, their matches should be forfeit IMO.

Timbers

check me out
considering no one is going to legitimately finish by the deadline, I won't be surprised to hear that Reaper extends the cutoff. If the majority of crews had finished before deadline, and you were still actively waiting for your matches, then I'd fully support your decision to not extend the deadline and instead refuse matches after the given date.

Buuuut in this case I'd find it hard to enforce forfeits when nobody else has conformed to meet this deadline (willing or unwilling)

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.
considering no one is going to legitimately finish by the deadline, I won't be surprised to hear that Reaper extends the cutoff. If the majority of crews had finished before deadline, and you were still actively waiting for your matches, then I'd fully support your decision to not extend the deadline and instead refuse matches after the given date.

Buuuut in this case I'd find it hard to enforce forfeits when nobody else has conformed to meet this deadline (willing or unwilling)
see my crew had problems because of school and stuff so we need at least 2 weekends to get every match done unless i order my crew interestingly

supermarth64

Smash Ace
i know he has but bowser has said that he can't play until the weekend and neither can firus that leaves me but my shoddy isn't working right now and i have been trying to fix it for days now and can't also i think a large number of people need extensions on the time to compleat matches
If you're having trouble with Shoddy Battle, it may be because you don't have the new update for it. Follow the instructions in the link below:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1960311&postcount=2

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.

Timbers

check me out
see my crew had problems because of school and stuff so we need at least 2 weekends to get every match done unless i order my crew interestingly
that's totally fine, I just don't like the logic of "well since everyone else is lagging behind that means we can." lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Once summer vacation begins, the crews should just try to host their whole round over the course of a single saturday. That would be awesome and speed up the tournament.

I'm just annoyed that my crew is stalling it's matches, in spite of being fully aware of their reasons.

Timbers

check me out
Saturday would probably be the worst day ever. People still work Saturdays and tournies tend to take up the majority of the day.

drcossack

Smash Ace
weve saved the best for last

YOU CAN DO IT US!
No he can't.

btw, IF, through some miracle for your team, I lose, Marth is next. He'll finish it off if I can't.

edit: oh yeah, question for Team Zook/Australian Ticks: How far along are you with your matches? I'd like to know who Team Lazy has to face next. :)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Firus: I would greatly appreciate it if you could set up a team in the event Bowser King loses.

It would be preferable to get at least two matches completed over the weekend - we lost too much of the weekend already, and I don't imagine Firus will be available next week.

The same goes for the opposing crew; I would greatly appreciate it if Mystic Falling Trees Ahoy could prepare their last crew member to finish his match tomorrow in the event that Bowser King wins. Ideally, our round will be finished either tomorrow or Monday.

D

Deleted member

today the #3 guy on gamebattles told me that he was scared to play me. In person. I feel so accomplished.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
today the #3 guy on gamebattles told me that he was scared to play me. In person. I feel so accomplished.
What's so scary about losing?

I do it all the time.

Although the fact that my crew may be facing your crew in the second round does make me feel we will be bumped into the losers bracket next round.

To have any hope of winning, I'll need to practically coreograph our matches in advance. Although I would rather not do that, as it would be quite a lot of effort.

M.K

Level 55
That's good to hear. Just remember that if Bowser King somehow loses his match, you cannot do the same.

Have fun.
Yeah, that was a really unnecessary post.
I'm sure he is aware of the fact that if he loses, the crew will lose, and I'm sure the pressure you are putting on him doesn't help his overall enthusiasm for his match.
You don't have to be so bossy towards your other crew members, I'm sure they can manage just fine on their own. :ohwell:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, that was a really unnecessary post.
I'm sure he is aware of the fact that if he loses, the crew will lose, and I'm sure the pressure you are putting on him doesn't help his overall enthusiasm for his match.
You don't have to be so bossy towards your other crew members, I'm sure they can manage just fine on their own. :ohwell:
Fair enough.

To be honest, I was just worried that because he set up his team a week ago, I wasn't sure he set it up to counter Mistic's team.

If Bowser King loses, then firus will need a team that can beat mystic, not the team he came up with for general tournament matches. Likewise, if Bowser King wins this match but loses his next, Firus should not use the team he was going to use against mistic, but one specifically tailored to the needs of the next opponent.

I apologize for coming off as bossy, I myself am slightly nervous for some reason. I simply believe that under no condition should we lose two matches in a row, because we should always know what to expect in the second match.

Of course, there's nothing worng with losing two matches in a row.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah ok lol, i had to think like, who else would you have talked to thats into pokemon - and theres my answer... a friends brothers best friend.

is gamebattles still active for pokemon? i kinda wanna join somethin like that, im starting to get quite flustered at shoddy and i have a thirst for competitive play

D

Deleted member

ah ok lol, i had to think like, who else would you have talked to thats into pokemon - and theres my answer... a friends brothers best friend.

is gamebattles still active for pokemon? i kinda wanna join somethin like that, im starting to get quite flustered at shoddy and i have a thirst for competitive play
yeah, it's cool too cause I know he only uses legit pokemon.

get on aim.

Timbers

check me out
Fair enough.

To be honest, I was just worried that because he set up his team a week ago, I wasn't sure he set it up to counter Mistic's team.

If Bowser King loses, then firus will need a team that can beat mystic, not the team he came up with for general tournament matches. Likewise, if Bowser King wins this match but loses his next, Firus should not use the team he was going to use against mistic, but one specifically tailored to the needs of the next opponent.

I apologize for coming off as bossy, I myself am slightly nervous for some reason. I simply believe that under no condition should we lose two matches in a row, because we should always know what to expect in the second match.

Of course, there's nothing worng with losing two matches in a row.
you put way too much thought into this.

just play
just be aware that a lot of players have sav'd pokes and don't necessarily mind taking 15mins sav'ing teams to (on paper) counter your own during each run in with them.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So round one is starting to come to a close?

I think we sould add the current progress of each crew battle to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom