• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
This was going to be a one word post, but I promised to behave.

/hype

If I battle a team with cleffa, clefairy, and clefable, I will crap an internet.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm totally using Swinub again. Be ready, *****es.
Better use it first.

I'd say more than half the battles I've played on Shoddy recently feature stealth rocks, spikes, or toxic spikes.

Incidently, how do you use a swinub? Do you give it a focus sash and start with endeavor, endure into a salac berry, or something else entirely?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Incidently, how do you use a swinub? Do you give it a focus sash and start with endeavor, endure into a salac berry, or something else entirely?
Let me first say the the Endevor/QA combo isn't cool anymore.

What I do is run a Swinub with Protect/Endure/Toxic/Ice Shard and holding Lum Berry or Focus Sash. It's a garunteed kill on a last Pokemon that isn't Poison, Steel, or has Immunity.

Lum is for Toxic Spikes, FSash lets him take a hit.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Let me first say the the Endevor/QA combo isn't cool anymore.

What I do is run a Swinub with Protect/Endure/Toxic/Ice Shard and holding Lum Berry or Focus Sash. It's a garunteed kill on a last Pokemon that isn't Poison, Steel, or has Immunity.

Lum is for Toxic Spikes, FSash lets him take a hit.
Explain how you get the toxic in.

Also, why protect and enure, both?

Protect and endure don't generally work together because they use the same move counter. The odds of protect failing after endure is the same as the odds of protect failing after protect.

But what really owns is Ludicolo. Rain dish + leftovers + leach seed + substitute and protect = really, really good staller.

M.K

Level 55
Oh....Zook and I have teamed up. We need more members, contact either of us if you are interested.

Preferably Zook, I've contracted Swinub Flu and will be bed-ridden all weekend. Thanks, Zook. =P

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Shouldn't we have a list of crews somewhere?

I need a crew again due to time problems.

Man this is an intense situation.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Explain how you get the toxic in.
With a Focus Sash.

Also, why protect and enure, both?

Protect and endure don't generally work together because they use the same move counter. The odds of protect failing after endure is the same as the odds of protect failing after protect.
No, they don't. I've stalled for 20 turns without any failing on Shoddy.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
With a Focus Sash.

No, they don't. I've stalled for 20 turns without any failing on Shoddy.
From smogon:

Smogon.com said:
Protects the user from most moves during the turn. If the user successfully used Detect, Endure, or Protect on the previous turn, Protect only has a 50% chance to work successfully. If the Protect user moves last in a turn, Protect fails.
Detect, Endure and Protect are all on the same counter, if you use one, it lowers the chance to work for all of them.

Also, the tourney will start soon, we just need one more player to even out the crews. Once that's done, I'll have DruggedFox announce his crew and from there start posting who's already crewed with whom. After that, anyone who's not already on a crew will either be placed on crews that don't have the necessary 5 players or on their own separate crews.

So basically, if you have a crew started but not the full 5 players, be expecting a random player.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I'll play people on Shoddy so they can get a sense of how good I am. Look for Kyu (feel free to challenge).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
before we finalize the cap shouldn't we check all the players that are left over and not in a crew and see if they are really going to stay through the tourney or if the are even viewing this thread on a regular basis?
This is a good idea.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Here and accounted for! I check just about every time I notice that someone posts. ^.^ I just don't say anything because I don't really have anything to say. I pretty much already know I'm going to be randomly placed with other people for a crew (and don't really mind), so I really see no point in stating an offer of any sort. :ohwell:

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.
This is just a random question but also what if the person gets banned for like a week from smash boards but is still active does he have to some how get his match set up and done with out using SWF or is he booted from the tourney.

YAY POST 100 !!!1!1!1!1!one!!!!111

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is just a random question but also what if the person gets banned for like a week from smash boards but is still active does he have to some how get his match set up and done with out using SWF or is he booted from the tourney.
Sucks to be that person.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Hey reaps, can you post the current crews on the front page? That way, people know what they're getting themselves into. [name pending] The only people I know who are organized into a group so far is Zook, Grunt, and Zrky. I think. I'll join you guys if you don't mind :p

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hey reaps, can you post the current crews on the front page? That way, people know what they're getting themselves into. [name pending] The only people I know who are organized into a group so far is Zook, Grunt, and Zrky. I think. I'll join you guys if you don't mind :p
MK is with zook, grunt and I, if they are 5-person crews then I wouldn't be opposed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom