• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think I'll just wait until there are only like 16 people left before I'll start PMing random people. Though if anyone wants to recruit me.... ^_^

c3gill

Smash Ace
i feel like that kid thats gonna get picked last for dodgeball, its awesome
ditto, but im not gonna bunch up anyones moms panties if I get picked last and end up losing first round. its all in fun, right?

ill be the ******* who announces his team 30 minutes before my matches, so my opponents can adjust as needed :)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
So is there a crew "draft" or some thing for people who don't get immediately picked? (I have a stange feeling nobody is going to pick me up :()

Muzga

Smash Ace
Any chance i could join? or am i too late to join in on the joy? I like to think i'm pretty good!

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
A lot of these people I haven't seen before... make sure everyone knows this is on shoddy and not in-game. I didn't see it mentioned in the first post.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hehe, that's true

then again, for us non-regulars, we should be able to find out the info ourselves since it's actually pretty-well described in the OP.

actually, at first I thought this was a mono-type tournament in a crew-style format, which would've had a lot of potential, but there are lots of weaknesses of that combined with crews simply because of type advantages and disadvantages ^^

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I tried to get my crew to enter this but no one else wants to, so I'll team with whoever needs someone I guess

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The Halloween Captain, FirustheHedgehog, I think annoying1359 and I we are all in one crew and i hope we don't get ***** and reaper is there a winner and a loser bracket
Yep.

I've got quite a bit of work to do...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
While I'm all for using Garchomp, is there a reason to allow Garchomp in the tournament?

I find his movesets a bit harder to test than the others because he isn't in the OU category. It's also harder to get practice against one, for the same reason.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How did Smashboards and Smogon rules for Shoddy differ in the first place? O_o

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Uh, what do you mean...? Generally we use Shoddy rules.

If you're talking about for this tourney, this is Pink Reaper's personal tournament and personal rules, it's not really SmashBoards in general. Don't really have an issue with them personally, just saying that it's not really SmashBoards in its entirety that has differed...

Not that it would be that hard anyways, though. Smogon and SmashBoards are far from similar sites.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, I remember when Articanus/ss118 asked me for a battle, he said "Smashboards or Smogon rules?". I said Smogon and he said something like "no Garchomp then :(". So I just assumed Garchomp unbanned on Shoddy is a Smashboards thing.

Yes yes, they're far from different sites, but just saying, a lot of the people here get experience/practice from Smogon's server and all. I guess this relates to Halloween Captain's last comment.

I'm just curious. Like, did someone randomly say "Smogon's testers are wrong" and most of the forum agreed? lol

Niiro

Smash Ace
Well, I remember when Articanus/ss118 asked me for a battle, he said "Smashboards or Smogon rules?". I said Smogon and he said something like "no Garchomp then :(". So I just assumed Garchomp unbanned on Shoddy is a Smashboards thing.

Yes yes, they're far from different sites, but just saying, a lot of the people here get experience/practice from Smogon's server and all. I guess this relates to Halloween Captain's last comment.

I'm just curious. Like, did someone randomly say "Smogon's testers are wrong" and most of the forum agreed? lol
Not really. At the smogon server, alot of people are talking about Garchomp being ou again. but most of them are stupid, and think that Mamoswine and Slaking couter Garchomp >.>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

The only difference that I can think of as far as what many people on SmashBoards use is Garchomp's status as OU or Uber, and from what I gather the entire competitive Pokemon community is split between thinking he's broken and should be Uber and thinking he's easily counterable.

...In other words, I guess he's sort of like MK. Heh.

Pfft.

Everyone knows cleffa counters garchomp.
No, actually, Cleffa doesn't counter it anymore in Platinum.

But now Magikarp does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom