• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think it's impossible, Spelign... but it'd require lots of preparation, work, and luck.

Hey Reaper, I thought our team name was Team Mudkipz.

Also, more importantly... how is this going to work? If Team A is facing Team B, does every member of each team battle each other? Are you randomly paired up with one of the other team? None of the above?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Zook and I decided that the name for our crew is: Team Calabaza. EDIT NOW REAP, NOW!!!:mad:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
if you need a 5th, i still need a crew.....
No, I was saying fifth place in the entire tourney.

Fifth seems reasonable. Though I can see us getting 4th.

I'm bowser king77 on smogon.

-:bowser:Bowser King
I really am not sure of how well we'll do, but that was a joke. =P Chibo said he was shooting for first and you know, pretty much everyone wants to get first.

Timbers

check me out
I don't think it's impossible, Spelign... but it'd require lots of preparation, work, and luck.

Hey Reaper, I thought our team name was Team Mudkipz.

Also, more importantly... how is this going to work? If Team A is facing Team B, does every member of each team battle each other? Are you randomly paired up with one of the other team? None of the above?
It's crews.

Each crew designates who will play first, second, third, and so on, against the opposing crew. Usually double blind, so you don't really know who you're facing first until crew lineups are given. Team A and B's first players go against each other. Say Team B player loses, and Team A player wins. Team B player 1 is now out of the crew match, and Team B player 2 is sent in to play Team A player 1. If Team B player 2 beats Team A player 1, Team A player 1 is then out of the crew match and Team A player 2 plays against Team B player 2. If Team B player 2 were to lose to Team A player 1, then Team B player 2 would also be out of the crew match and Team B player 3 would play Team A player 1.

This continues until either crew is out of members. Given the specific crew battle rules of this tourney, either Team's lead member could completely wipe the other crew out by himself, although that happening in say, Smash, would be pretty difficult, as any stocks you lose in Smash are not given back to you during crews, unlike this tourney where you're allowed to use pokemon that have fainted in previous matches.

EDIT: Unless you're asking whether crews are allowed to create their lineups or if Pink will randomly create lineups, in which case I have no idea lol. >.>

ss118

Smash Master
I think that members lost during battles should be replaced with level 1 shedinja's holding sticky barb so that the "stock" idea holds, because otherwise if a person uses an amazing team and is an amazing player he can just sweep with said team unless the other player makes a counter-team, which may not fare well against a different team and would end up the winner being the winner of the first battle.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think that members lost during battles should be replaced with level 1 shedinja's holding sticky barb so that the "stock" idea holds, because otherwise if a person uses an amazing team and is an amazing player he can just sweep with said team unless the other player makes a counter-team, which may not fare well against a different team and would end up the winner being the winner of the first battle.
Agreed (and that's a good idea).

It should be about how strong the team is not (possibly) one player.

-:bowser:Bowser King

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, I feel that the threat of a single crew member wiping out an entire crew is a good thing. A smart crew would just be varied to counter this.

For example, I made my team counter the current metagame. So another member of my crew is planning on using a team that counters the not metagame to counter people who counter my metagame countering.

Epic CounterMindgamez FTW!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Actually, I feel that the threat of a single crew member wiping out an entire crew is a good thing. A smart crew would just be varied to counter this.

For example, I made my team counter the current metagame. So another member of my crew is planning on using a team that counters the not metagame to counter people who counter my metagame countering.

Epic CounterMindgamez FTW!
Thanks for sharing :)

I'm Hobobloke on shoddy.

Coffee™

I need it....
My Shoddy name is Maniaclyrasist and I intend to take out entire crews :)

Is Deoxys-S allowed since Chomp is allowed too or am I just limited to using Latias?

Timbers

check me out
That member is forced to use the same team throughout the entire crew match, so if your opponent knows that you only have like 2 pokes weak to ground left in your queue, it's easy for the second member to just go in with like scarfed EQ and destroy.

Not being allowed to change your poke team during the battle is a disadvantage in itself, as your next opponent will know most (if not all) your strats/sets/EVs/pokes in general, and you're going in blind.

It's still a very winnable match though. Crippling your team even further is just overkill.
If one player can construct a team that can beat 5 players in a row then more power to him. It SHOULDN'T be about the team in fact, player skill should be what wins.
this

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
My Shoddy name is Maniaclyrasist and I intend to take out entire crews :)

Is Deoxys-S allowed since Chomp is allowed too or am I just limited to using Latias?
Deoxy-S is still banned. He's way too good, much better then Chomp.

c3gill has ben recruited to our crew. Prepare to feel the full power of our fully operational crew!
Added

Pink Reaper, 0RLy is also in our crew.

Team Zook >>
Added

Sigh... I haven't been able to login to smogon server for a while... I don't know why...
Strange, Im not having any trouble with it.

Edit: Is anyone else actively looking for a crew or should I just shove people on to random crews and get **** done?

Also, this:

Timbers said:
Each crew designates who will play first, second, third, and so on, against the opposing crew. Usually double blind, so you don't really know who you're facing first until crew lineups are given. Team A and B's first players go against each other. Say Team B player loses, and Team A player wins. Team B player 1 is now out of the crew match, and Team B player 2 is sent in to play Team A player 1. If Team B player 2 beats Team A player 1, Team A player 1 is then out of the crew match and Team A player 2 plays against Team B player 2. If Team B player 2 were to lose to Team A player 1, then Team B player 2 would also be out of the crew match and Team B player 3 would play Team A player 1.
is correct. I will not be assigning match ups, both crews send in their first player(you can request double blind if you want, in which case I will act as go between and get the players online without them knowing who plays whom) After first round is over, losing team can send in whoever they wish to take on the winner of the previous match and it continues as such until one crew is out of players.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty okay with you stalling it, since I don't have reliable internet access and I'm not sure when I will.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'm not sure if i missed it, but was my question about a winners and losers bracket are there a winners and losers bracket.
Yes.

REAP, YOU GAVE ZOOK'S TEAM THE WRONG NAME, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BO: Team Calabaza :mad:
I am evil overlord of this tourney, you take what I give you and you WILL like it.

I'm pretty okay with you stalling it, since I don't have reliable internet access and I'm not sure when I will.
All for you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom