• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Can Chain-Grab MK to 60%

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I for one, welcome any new techniques that make life for a Meta Knight more difficult.

Snake is already pretty good against Meta Knight, and now my Pikachu has another good option against him.

Hiding these techniques from us would be blasphemy! Plus, somebody would have figured them out eventually. I am still rather surprised at how long it took to find 'em though.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
im glad i read all the other boards so i dont get caught off guard like u affinity lol

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
wow, can chaingrabs get any gayer? This one takes the cake. (not just MK, its all the characters its done to)
I for one, welcome any new techniques that make life for a Meta Knight more difficult.
its not even a technique or strategy. Its cheap a$$ free damage and is ********.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nobody else has been able to recreate the **** Anther lays down in the midwest however....

So Pika doesn't win YET. Being amazing + Pika = ****.

Food for thought.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Winning due to ignorance isn't enjoyable. Winning despite your opponent knowing all tactics is satisfying :)

Anyway, do you think more people will pick up Pika now? I've long thought pika should be higher on the tier list. He's just severely underplayed. If more people will pick up the rat because of chaingrabs on top/high tiered characters, pika discussion should be a priority.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not like this drastically changes pikachu lol, falco still gets pwned by mk to some extent even though he has that 50 damage cg. It's not easy to grab metaknight, ask the ice climbers. All they can do is spotdodge the dsmash and then grab.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Nobody else has been able to recreate the **** Anther lays down in the midwest however....

So Pika doesn't win YET. Being amazing + Pika = ****.

Food for thought.

Anther is good

Hell he's great!! But I think if he lived in the EC he wouldn't **** as hard as he's been doing in the Midwest.

Not to say Midwest sucks
It's just known that EC is better

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
It's not like this drastically changes pikachu lol, falco still gets pwned by mk to some extent even though he has that 50 damage cg. It's not easy to grab metaknight, ask the ice climbers. All they can do is spotdodge the dsmash and then grab.
Ice Climbers have the lowest grab range in the game and something like the 3rd lowest run speed. Aside from Bowser, Donkey Kong and DeDeDe it's really not easy for them to grab anyone.

And honestly I find Metaknight to be one of the easier characters to grab; you just have to generate the proper opening.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is fantastic news. Now Meta Knight will never be banned.

Of course, Brawl has been even more Sakurai'd now. Soon the entire game will be a cast of Pseudo Ice Climbers... -___-

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe the Pikachu community is just now finding these things out. It seems like they would've known earlier, like around the time they discovered their normal cgs.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
wow, can chaingrabs get any gayer? This one takes the cake. (not just MK, its all the characters its done to)

its not even a technique or strategy. Its cheap a$$ free damage and is ********.
Well, in my opinion, a character that can fly, use lagless moves with great power, have a tornado that is almost guaranteed damage, and has ridiculous speed is cheap too. And if it's not a strategy, what do you call it? >_>

Sudai

Stuff here
Guys, it doesn't work apparently. Buffer two jumps (double jump + footstool) and you get out after 3ish grabs. I forget exact numbers but they're somewhere near the end of the CG thread on the pika boards.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Scissors if I recall correctly Lain, Judge, and Anther didnt do too bad at COT4
Watch videos of anther fighting MK and look at how many times they get grabbed, lol. Pikachu sets up grabs so easy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Scissors if I recall correctly Lain, Judge, and Anther didnt do too bad at COT4

Watch videos of anther fighting MK and look at how many times they get grabbed, lol. Pikachu sets up grabs so easy.
well this time there is a GOOD REASON to be cautious now.

you get grabbed be characters who have lousy grab games more than those with lethal ones.. why? Cause they are lousy so you don't care, but when a stock is at hand (ICs) You space and camp like ****

Anth0ny

Smash Master
We're screwed guys.

Well, the people who go to tournaments where Anther is in attendance are screwed. And that would be me.

As if he didn't **** us all already...

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lmfao i feel bad for mks near anther but seriously like tis time to step it up and OUR turn to perfect a matchup ect. there should be ZERO MK johns

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Some of us like winning too...
Knowledge is power. This is the reason i scope out other character boards, read their match ups and see what they say vs my character.

Knowledge is your ultimate power. It's your number one tool to fighting your opponent, aka the Match-up experience.

Like Affinity said, we would of found out sooner or later. You cant hide something as huge as a CG and expect people not to find out. lol

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Least we finally found a character that can truly beat Metaknight. No character is unbeattable and if you main Pikachu and know how to use him correctly. Your in good hands but if your one of those players who uses him every once in a while, then you dont stand a chance against Metaknight.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'd say its even now personally, maybe still 55-45 MK, but that's just theory. We'll see if Anther starts winning nationals now.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
Ugh u know pikas had this crazy cg on snake too and ally dominated ( a little ) anther LOL so what's about an even harder opponent like mk

OverLade

Smash Hero
When Ally played Anther we didnt know the CG was THIS gay. It was only 0-60 then. Now it's 0-90.....

The Truth!

Smash Ace
lol, MK is definitely not as difficult as Snake for pika. I wouldnt say he's even top 3.

And before I think the snake CG was to 40% and was entirely fthrow, so if you caught him midstage you could only go so far :/.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lol, MK is definitely not as difficult as Snake for pika. I wouldnt say he's even top 3.
According to the character matchup thread, you're wrong there. Snake is 50-50, and MK was 60-40, listed as pikachu's second hardest matchup. But hey, the chaingrab certainly will help.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Least we finally found a character that can truly beat Metaknight. No character is unbeattable and if you main Pikachu and know how to use him correctly. Your in good hands but if your one of those players who uses him every once in a while, then you dont stand a chance against Metaknight.
who did the art for your sig?

AeroMarx64

Smash Rookie
A delicious advance to SSBB's metagame that needs massive improvement.

...Good for Pikachu players, bad for the head-honcho Meta Knight.

Yeah, [hopefully] it's possible to escape this very nasty chainthrow with Mew2King Smash DI...Maybe?...Anyone?...Uhhhh...

Top Bottom