• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Is a grounded shuttle loop that has been shielded punishable by drop shield-> grounded thunder? I'd try it out myself but I have a ****load of school work and probably wouldn't get to try it out until next week.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_>

No, it is NOT slight advantage, nor is it SOLID advantage, it is a HUGE advantage! It is a hard counter, which is at least 70:30 IMO.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i like bend over. only extremely good falco players have the chance at beating good pikachus imo. i doubt there are more then two or three falcos in the country that can beat me in a tourney set *real talk*

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No Falco will ever beat me in a tournament set.

KPrime almost beat DEHF, and DEHF beats like...nationally acclaimed players such as Tyrant, Rich Brown, and M2K. KPrime beats...some mid level texas players. I don't mean to ****-talk you prime (If you consider it as such) but I'm just trying to get the point across that Pikachu >>>>>>>> Falco.

PZ, you are dead wrong.

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
That MU isn't that easy imo.But maybe somebody may explain how to play this MU overall 'cause I have trouble against Falcos.Do we have to Tjolt camp?Tilt pressure?Aerial juggling?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Crouch. He can't hit you with lasers unless he does the run off jump back on stage thing, but at that point we can dash towards him and close distance. If you T-jolt it will get shined, and you will probably get hit by lasers before the attack is done. Honestly, just crouch and when he gets close enough D-tilt him. Once you have a % lead he has to approach, so just crouch there andhave a guessing game. If you grab, you win.

PZ

Smash Lord
Im starting to dislike pika nowadays for the lack of bad match ups<.<

Cmon guys falco vs pika shouldnt be that bad unless this whole time the falco boards have been right:c

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu has funny MUs with mid tiers and low tiers. You get that fun PZ

Only reason you mad is cause Pikachu does so well against high tiers lolol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
In the high tier we don't exactly do amazing, we just only slightly lose when we do lose (Besides olimar) and we destroy falco and probably beat Snake worse than any other character (Razer and MVD say so :D)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I just have good DI. I uair and then DJ Fair sometimes. Sometimes I'll uair skull bash (Those are horizontal attacks). Other times it is just uair fastfall (vertical)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Falco can always catch a crouching pika offguard with phantasm. And once he has the percent lead baiting pika grabs is all he needs to do. I don't think its 70-30 either, but it is his hardest matchup.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
In the high tier we don't exactly do amazing, we just only slightly lose when we do lose (Besides olimar) and we destroy falco and probably beat Snake worse than any other character (Razer and MVD say so :D)
Gotta **** me more before I think pika is snakes worst MU ;) but that wont happen kekeke.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh **** name search.

You definitely said "The way you play it, Pikachu is Snake's worst match-up, or at least tied"

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Falco can always catch a crouching pika offguard with phantasm.
This is very true. Phantasm owns pikas that crouch all the time, especially if you get too close. Many have yet to see falco at his absolute gayest. Unless you get an incredibly good read (unlikely youre going for the grab) or get incredibly lucky, youre not going to grab him.

70:30 or hardish counter is about right though.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Someone who has a lot of practice against ICs, what is the best way to go about gimping Nana? I know nairs, but I was hoping for a more specific explanation. How many do you hit her with, when do you use your jumps, etc.? Specifically, I was looking for the best way to kill her after we back throw her off the stage. It seems like if Nana is alone, she recovers the same way every time and there should be some almost formulaic way to kill her.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Every time I try to do it, I get too low and Nana manages to make it back. I'm usually only able to hit her with two nairs before I have to recover myself.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, I wanna practice that MU since I'm mad rusty in it. If I don't feel enough I'm just gonna double blind him and go a different character.

Metatitan

Smash Master
What are pikachu's best options against tornado when your shield is low enough to be poked? I know it's usually best to predict it with thunder/f/dsmash but its more difficult on stages like battlefield.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um....when it is GOING to get poked...try to run away or D-smash. If you are getting hit, try to SDI it and then punish their lag with a QAC nair.

windrixx

Smash Rookie
What are the best options out of QAC at mid-range? (too far for dair smash or jump-> nair)

Also, when should I breverse Thunder and when should I DJC for a double (when edgeguarding)?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
QAC isn't a great option. You don't have anything guaranteed until like...90% when you can get the dair shockwave. Before that you have nothing, so it is better to QA away or maybe reverse T-jolt them.

You should B-reverse thunder when either

A. You hit somebody in the air and you want to mindgame them into moving into your thunder

B. Somebody is recovering and you want to make them go lower (Or get hit by the thunder).

You should never really double thunder unless the first one hits and they go straight up, it really isn't worth it.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Does Pikachu have a good response to MK using dtilt and ftilt pressure with grabs when we throw up our shields?
Do you mean can you grab them? You can if they aren't well spaced. Dair>D tilt, you can F tilt mk OoS if he delays his f tilt hits (I at least clash when he tries to f tilt->d tilt), SH-> Fair beats f tilt, and if you predict F tilt you can roll behind mk and punish.

Top Bottom