• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Does Pikachu have a good way in dealing with Meta Knight's Who-e-Nado? I mostly shield them. Mostly he does them in the air and I think it destroys Pikachu's thunder Jolts. That is my main concern in this match.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can always just run away and then near the end jump and shoot a reverse T-jolt. It will probably hit the MK.

D-smash and thunder always beat it too, so you can run jump thunder and he can't get to you.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well if they hit you in between the D-smash hitboxes it will hit you, but the actual attack always beats nado. Or we could just PSC CG

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You can always just run away and then near the end jump and shoot a reverse T-jolt. It will probably hit the MK.

D-smash and thunder always beat it too, so you can run jump thunder and he can't get to you.
Thank you. I don't face many Meta Knights when I decide to pick up Pikachu! XD

Frio

Smash Champion
I`m having a problem recovering against Mks. What should I do if I`m recovering from a low angle and MK is off the ledge spamming N air to cancel my QAC.

Yikarur

Smash Master
try DI :D! works wonders.
better solution: wait for the nair and then use upB, if you react fast enough nair's ending lag should be enough to snap the ledge.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mix it up. MK technically has an option regardless of where you go, but it is prediction. If you go high he can up-b. If you go low he can nair. Just change the angles. Like instead of going right up right, go slight up right up or some bull **** like that. It is just a guessing game. Skull bash works sometimes too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol but don't get into the habit of that, or you will end up getting up-b'd early and die at like 60 (Happened to me yesterday vs seibrik, he predicted right lol)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
What about getting back from the ledge?
For some reason, I'm having a problem when I'm on the ledge and he's on the stage that I just get hit by a dsmash every different thing I try.
What exactly are all the options from getting off the ledge?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What exactly are all the options from getting off the ledge?
Assuming you mean in general: ledge roll/jump/climb/attack/drop.

From a jump or drop you can do whatever.... attack, airdodge, double jump, or QA.

EDIT: Oh, and for a ledge drop, you can either drop down (regular or fastfall) or drop back.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For getting people to let up from pressure, you can ledge drop, DJ thunder (Making sure you are still under the ledge). If they don't back up they will get hit, and then you can maybe ledgehop T-jolt or ledge-jump QA to a platform.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
but it'd be cooler to like tech jump > QAC > uair punish so he doesn't use the reflector anymore, what falco would ever see it coming :awesome:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
At low/mid percents, would RAR SH uair be a good approach? I like using it as sometimes we can get a hit and get a footstool>qac lock for free damage and if they shield it or we can't footstool we can just nair when they try to punish.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
At low/mid percents, would RAR SH uair be a good approach? I like using it as sometimes we can get a hit and get a footstool>qac lock for free damage and if they shield it or we can't footstool we can just nair when they try to punish.
I thought of this a few months ago, but no matter how many times I try to get it to work, I fail. People just see it coming.

That being said, if you can time it so you RAR a bair when the opponent is forced to land, and they happen to choose not to attack you, it could work.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Works on any solid ledge but it only really effects MK. There are some other characters you can cg on the ledge, but the percent you can cg to is no where near as high as when done on MK.

@Ussi - That's a little different. That specific dthrow cg only works on pass through edges.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yes, for the platform ledge cg it goes to 100%+, but for the solid ledge cg, which is the one in the vid, it goes to like 60ish.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Guys

Wario/Olimar/Squirtle/Ivysaur's Edge CG (The one where they don't go anywhere, I have a vid on it) is only on REALLY THIN PLATFORMS! Most of them you can go through, but some of them you can't (Such as the right side of frigate and halberd's flying part).

The one on MK and Squirtle (Which is the one lucky4lyphe is commenting on) is on the OPPOSITE type of platforms: BIG ONES!!!!! The edge of every stage (Sans halberd, delfino, and frigate's right side) is compatible with this one. I would make a vid, but I think it is easier to remember which platforms you can't do it on than the ones that you can.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
So pretty much the Wario cg only works on passable platforms/stage and the MK cg only works on non-passable platforms/stage.

Top Bottom