• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Normal CG %s are the best since the diminishing moves will keep it longer, but i suspect that if you grab him no later than like 25% he will go for a few grabs.

RogueThunder

Smash Rookie
If upsmash cancels jumps, can you upsmash out of a QAC? (I'm away from my wii and won't be able to check for a while)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, the QAC jump is your double jump, not your ground jump. Therefore, you can't U-smash.

That would be sexy if you could though OMG.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Only at like 150% Lucky, and you have to hit them at the end of QA. It really isn't that applicable.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
What do you use to SH uair? I do it by holding up slightly and then pressing X and A quickly, but sometimes it comes out as a full hop, a nair, or an usmash.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you get a full hop, you're holding X too long.
If you get a nair, you're not tilting the control stick far enough and/or letting it go before you jump.
If you get a usmash, you're smashing up on the control stick & probably doing it too soon (so you cancel your jump squat frames into a usmash).

Personally, I lightly tap L (mine is set to jump) or X + hit up on the c-stick.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you don't need both of your shoulder buttons, setting one to jump helps a lot with rising aerials/jolts.

Helps even more if you can take the springs out. =X

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How do you make your fore fingers able to press buttons fast? I can only SH with my thumb...

*lightbulb* I'll set R to attack and not use the A button

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ussi, you just have to practice

I don't get why people have the shoulder buttons for anything but shield and jump anyway @_@

Yikarur

Smash Master

If you get a usmash, you're smashing up on the control stick & probably doing it too soon (so you cancel your jump squat frames into a usmash).
you'll always upsmash if you press A while holding up in the jump squat, doesn't matter if you've had "smashed" the Controlstick. The best method is the buffered upair by holding the controlstick between "to high" (so you upsmash) and too low (so you nair).
I can do the buffered upair consistantly, it's so awesome (with diddy at least =P)
just timing it right is ok but buffered upair is always at least one frame faster.

SAX

Smash Ace
Is there a thread for Pikachu's Chaingrab % limits on characters?

If there is, a link there would be very helpful =]

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Olimar is the worst character, Brinstar is the worst stage. But we almost always ban brinstar, and after that... I would say probably yoshi's island. But that's personal.

EDIT: And by personal I mean I hate it cause it changes QAC, and if someone starts camping under the platform, it's insanely hard to get them out.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Olimar is worst I agree, Brinstar is also the worst. Since in most MUs that will be auto-ban (or auto-ban anyway since CP + MK is a common strategy) the next worst level is probably...lylat. Yoshis is actually really good for recovery and CGs on the edges and shtuff. It is my Snake CP :3

Abel1994

Smash Lord
SO im looking for a secondary :D (mains pit)

And pikachu looks so hax out that I want him to be my secondary :D
Hope ill be good like this dude I saw on youtube named ESAM or somthing lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
:(

/wrists

I was just giving sympathy to Ally, I didn't wanna beat him twice in the same day, that is demoralizing :dazwa:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Indeed. Esam, how do you buffer a run out of a dthrow, do you just jam the control stick once and then proceed to buffer the FH uair? I'm so bent on mastering this after you pulled it off on slik on the projector.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah basically. The uair is the harder part, not the dash buffer. If you go up too much it'll u-smash, and if you don't do it enough you will nair.

Top Bottom