• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

PZ

Smash Lord
I was facing an ike online. I was doing good but he obviously didnt know the mu. One time I FF baird on accident in place of a FF fair and he couldnt jab nor grab me when I was in landing lag...

So my question is:

Bair has priority vs ike?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
PZ, I'm pretty sure he can lol. I assume bair landing lag just squashes Pika's body (read: hurtbox) too flat for jab to hit.

PZ

Smash Lord
Hmmz Ic wifi uses ;)

Ike has 13 frames to attack back IF he wasnt hit and pika has 30 frames of landing lag.

Hit advantage of bair....idk

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's in the PokeLab already:

Advantage on Block (landing hit): -21 (normal shield drop) / -28 (jump/grab OOS)
Ike's dtilt comes out on frame 16, and considering its range..... it's definitely possible.

But most people grab from my experience. *shrug*

PZ

Smash Lord
O w8 just remebered something awhile back dejahvu....

Wifi is a magical place where anything is possible expect lagless brawl. Leave it to the actual players to find n discuss stuff.

King~

Smash Champion
i started using Tjolts more, whats next?

i might be playing this game right now, after 3 years of playing we weill see later this month

Roller

Smash Legend
Awh, his first time playing m2k. A young boy whose dreams have yet to be crushed.

You will get 3 stocked. Sorry bro. And wait. Does this mean you're going to KTAR? 'cause there is a coinflip's chance that I will be there.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nah, M2K is going to be at that PA tourney with Inui so I'm guessing Nitewing is going to that tourney too.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Oh look I'm actually posting.
What is the best way to DI mk's down throw to put yourself in a neutral position? Would it be away and slightly down?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My first time playing m2q... He 3 stocked my Ike repeatedly except one game but I took him to 1 stock with Pikachu pretty consistently. Yea he didn't DI out of Pika's dsmash xD

King~

Smash Champion
Oh look I'm actually posting.
What is the best way to DI mk's down throw to put yourself in a neutral position? Would it be away and slightly down?
depends on the situation, if the MK guess right they can always punish.

but personally i do what you said and di into the ground to either tech or grab ledge. if they punish that its mix up for up and just far away.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you DI away he can catch you with F-tilt, so it is good to DI up and away. He can't do much.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I always go up and away. Unless it's a REALLY low percent, I think MK has to jump to get to you, and that's easier to see if they will actually try to hit you or not, rather than being on the ground.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
My first time playing m2k was last month, but I never got 3 stocked even though were far into the metagame. Even the smartest players make mistakes.

Also, I'd say mk has more options if you DI to the ground from his dthrow.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If we DI to the floor (Down or away) he can f-tilt at low %. If we DI straight up, he can either up-b or up air. If you DI up and away he can't do anything

Top Bottom