• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

windrixx

Smash Rookie
So start the fair right after the SH, or at the peak of the jump?

and a cross-up just gets you behind them, where your utilt does more damage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
utilt just hits sooner... i would think.

You FF whenever you are high enough that right before you land you have a hitbox of fair out. Timing is completely up to you depending on where and which hit of fair you are aiming for.

First hit prevents SDI which generally the best option

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
where your utilt comes out faster*

Damage is based on how close they are to Pika, not what side they're on.

EDIT: Crazy. Got ninja'd. :mad:

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
They could probably react to it. Shield drop + dash grab takes 16 frames, and that's if you buffer which is hard to do during shield drop. 16 frames is .266 seconds which is about average reaction time. That's pretty easy to react to, IMO. Realistically, it's gonna take a little more than 16 frames so it's gonna be even easier to react. I'm not gonna say never try to punish ftilt with dash grab, cause they won't always be prepared for it, but once they know you try to punish between hits, they're gonna hit you on reaction every time.
My reaction time is over .300 ):

Yikarur

Smash Master
of course it is, perhaps he means that if you only hit with the first hit your opponent isn't really able to SDI out of it.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
What the... ty xD

Edit : F or U tilts are achievable too or... ? (can't try myself)

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
What character would you say would be the best for our bad matchups? like, i'm looking for a secondary to help against some of the, worser matchups that Pikachu has. (not playing MK...)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
believe it came down to DK..

Pika doesn't really have any hard bad MUs besides maybe luke, so you don't really need a 2ndary.. Better of learning the MU as Pika

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you can't consistently kill Luke by 120% then you're in for a rough time... given Pika's kill ability and weight

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lucario and Olimar are the 2 hardest MU for Pikachu (Every Pikachu has had trouble with Olimar). Olimar beats DK, as does Diddy (Another hard MU) but wario goes even with him. If you want to trump all of Pikachu's bad MU (I only think there are 4, but obv people think Marth, G&W, and IC are bad for Pika) there is only one option, Metaknight.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guess its still a debate between Marth mains, but quite a few claim 4:6 in Diddy's favor from what I've lurked and read

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, staying on topic, i would say Its better as a Pika main to learn the Diddy MU than pick up a 2ndary for him. Its like getting a 2nd for MK when you go 4:6 with MK... Better off learning your main's disadvantage than a 2ndary's even.

Marth has the advantage on olimar and luke, right? (minor is better than even)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
going 4:6 to 55:45+ is a fair reason to use a 2ndary, but going 4:6 to 5:5 is not is what i was going for.

The only other reason to use a 2ndary would be MU exp

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
eh.. 55:45 and 50:50 are pretty close as it is..

and ESAM can pretty much beat every MK there is, or get really close to it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BLech I've described it so manyt imes

SUMMARY TIME

Pika can't really get edgeguarded (maybe a few %, but that is it)
Pika has CG into fleedle deedle (d-throw uair footstool)
Approaching is RPS for both players with our dair, grab, t-jolt, and fair compared to his f-tilt, d-tilt, and fair.
Pika kills earlier
We can't mess with MKs recovery too much (maybe a T-jolt or a single thunder bolt)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm talking about close range, like we anticipate F-tilt and FH t-jolt. It will hit the F-tilt probably.

Top Bottom