• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
well if u got 40+ tournout 32 man bracket would be wise. best option i think is to do best on turnout do a 8 pools of 5 or 6 and have top 4 go through.

u input this into tourney software ( which i have on my laptop which im bringing) and it will have 4 ranks of players top seed - high - middle - low. which means most players will get some sort of placing this tourney and gives u a more accurate ranking of uk. this way if any who places top 16 this tourney u know whos back up for seeds next tourney.

also this way bracket matches are more fairer and u wont see top playing high seeds 2nd game of bracket.
I like this idea

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
rofl its such a defeatist attitude, when i started going to tourneys, my MAIN AIM was simple, beat a high seed and get into the bracket. thats when you know your getting somewhere.

a tourney is SUPPOSED to be HARD and COMPETITIVE thats the effin point! if you aint competitive then dont play smash competitively... or go cry about how crap you are instead of attemping to improve... puffs.

a tourney is fun regardless of how you do in the tourney anyways, so many MM's and friendlies will be played, personally i dont care what bracket you run, i know ill be in it.

the tourney system that weve had in place for years wont be changed by scrubs argueing over the course of 24 hours.
AGREED.

People I'm sorry but I'm definately going to do a bracket of 16. If you think thats harsh then tough. 95% of the tournaments I played in when I was starting out was like this and it was hard to get past the seeds then too.

Joe- someone should be able to be there for you :) not sure if it'll be me though- I need to take people to my house for the night and the buses dont go that late.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
So... Does anyone know if yeniths got the earlier train? I guess he'll ring one of us if he needs picking up.

Unrelated, anyone want a guitar hero MM?!? Bo3/5? Any GH1,2or3 songs!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
well if u got 40+ tournout 32 man bracket would be wise. best option i think is to do best on turnout do a 8 pools of 5 or 6 and have top 4 go through.

u input this into tourney software ( which i have on my laptop which im bringing) and it will have 4 ranks of players top seed - high - middle - low. which means most players will get some sort of placing this tourney and gives u a more accurate ranking of uk. this way if any who places top 16 this tourney u know whos back up for seeds next tourney.

also this way bracket matches are more fairer and u wont see top playing high seeds 2nd game of bracket.
I like this idea, I think you should explain the idea further to BBill so he can see this as a potential idea.

WARNING! WARNING! PROFESSOR PRO WAS NOTIFIED ABOUT EDWIN POSSIBLY FLAKING THIS TOURNAMENT AS HE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE GOING THAT MUCH DESPITE CHRISBOI'S ATTEMPT TO PERSUADE HIM.....WE WILL SEE IF HE ARRIVES AT THE VENUE

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
lol What a suprise. He better show up, otherwise tamoo might actually have a shot at top 4! =@.@= And we'll have to redo seeds. Why didn't we have a contingency plan for edwin flaking? lol

And again: Guitar hero MM anyone? :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
Duncan lets do this!!!!

GH3 ofc

man im rusty tho, imma go practice now lool!

Edit: You guys had better get Edwin to this, he ain't being a wasteman to charles again man

L-J

Smash Ace
Duncan just so you know I'll be calling you when I arrive asking for a lift lol (only from the university bus stop though, which is close by car to the venue).

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Duncan just so you know I'll be calling you when I arrive asking for a lift lol (only from the university bus stop though, which is close by car to the venue).
if your talking about THE university bus stop then that is like right next to the venue.

Kone

Smash Master
You aren't going to get a turnout that has a large enough margin over 32 players to warrant a 32 man bracket. Furthermore, you are adding alot of time onto the tournament schedule. Pools are there tot est you, if you are good enough you will make it through. Looking at the seeds everyone outside of the top 7 should be beatable if you think that you warrant a high placing at this tournament i.e. top 13. Otherwise, quit your whinging you have got to get better!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol What a suprise. He better show up, otherwise tamoo might actually have a shot at top 4! =@.@= And we'll have to redo seeds. Why didn't we have a contingency plan for edwin flaking? lol
Technically since Edwin isn't arriving the bet gets reduced to 4th as it was at 5th with Edwin there so he roundabout has the same odds with or without Edwin lol.

Edit: You guys had better get Edwin to this, he ain't being a wasteman to charles again man
He is a waste to the community imo lol.
And if he doesn't make this event it's fully confirmed.
Charles keeps on booking for him and stuff and Charles said this is the last time he is booking for Edwin if he doesn't come but he has said that before lol.

I dunno why Edwin says he wants to come anyway.

He is on the morning coach though so we will find out pretty soon (like 2pm or something) if he is going or not.

I see him flaking the early one and then Charles trying desperately to give him the spare ticket for the late one since Chrisboi and Frostbyte or on that and then him flaking it anyway.

have you forgot about someone....if edwin doesnt come to this then i will come 4th.
You will be getting 4th regardless....

You aren't going to get a turnout that has a large enough margin over 32 players to warrant a 32 man bracket. Furthermore, you are adding alot of time onto the tournament schedule. Pools are there tot est you, if you are good enough you will make it through. Looking at the seeds everyone outside of the top 7 should be beatable if you think that you warrant a high placing at this tournament i.e. top 13. Otherwise, quit your whinging you have got to get better!
I think it's time to face the music guys lol.
It's gonna have to be top 16 go through, if you have improved anyway you should progress into brackets and if you aren't good enough let that be a sign to you that you're not one of the top people in the UK yet and you need more practice.....

More then half of the people won't be getting out of pools so people better step it up
lol.

I wanna see a full OOC record of getting out of pools.

Kone

Smash Master
Yup yup aaron. Looking at the seeds though this tournament is wide open for top 16 out of pools. I think there will be quite a few upsets :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah there will defintely be quite a few upsets lol

As i've heard more people talk about their improvements and that they think they are gonna do good at this tournament then there are space for the brackets.

It will be very interesting to see the final results anyway and there's always recording equipment if people who didn't get through still want to prove their worth to the community in a MM or something.

COEY

Smash Lord

yea exactly, i could see someone whining if the very top 16 players in the country all showed up for this, and i dont think most people realise this but having a 32 man bracket means you will have 8 people finishing joint 17th and 8 finishing joint 25th. whats the point lol?

if your not finishing in the top 10, especially in this country where the avergae level of smash is still quite low compared to the states and most of europe (dont kid yourselves i can think of 5 or 6 countries in europe with stonger scenes than this one).

ben - good on you for sticking with what you want to do, your the host and will be putting alot of time and effort that most people dont even take into account. what im gonna say to you is dont be too worrried about your performance at this, i know from experience how draining running an event like this can be, its only natural your going to be more physically and mentally drained by the time brackets come along than anyone else. just stay calm and watch those second jumps ;)

oh and thanks for the phone call, nice that someone wants my opinion on something :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yea exactly, i could see someone whining if the very top 16 players in the country all showed up for this, and i dont think most people realise this but having a 32 man bracket means you will have 8 people finishing joint 17th and 8 finishing joint 25th. whats the point lol?

if your not finishing in the top 10, especially in this country where the avergae level of smash is still quite low compared to the states and most of europe (dont kid yourselves i can think of 5 or 6 countries in europe with stonger scenes than this one).

ben - good on you for sticking with what you want to do, your the host and will be putting alot of time and effort that most people dont even take into account. what im gonna say to you is dont be too worrried about your performance at this, i know from experience how draining running an event like this can be, its only natural your going to be more physically and mentally drained by the time brackets come along than anyone else. just stay calm and watch those second jumps ;)

oh and thanks for the phone call, nice that someone wants my opinion on something :)
Ben doesn't have to worry about much anyway.

As I said to him before the community willl actually help him out on alot of stuff when we get there like we kinda do anyway...like setups and organizing our own tournament matches nd other stuff which help out.

Plus I am there and I am actually amazing so why would he have to worry about anything :confused:

**** **** ****!!
I tried to Lust **** up the other day against Dujuan but it wasn't working :(

Coming from the master can you tell me how to please lol???

9:50PM!!!!

VICTORIA STATION!!!!
VICTORIA STATION!!!!
VICTORIA STATION!!!!
VICTORIA STATION!!!!
VICTORIA STATION!!!!

L-J

Smash Ace
Duncan/Calum I just checked where the Greyhound stop is and is it very very close to the venue (much closer than I thought) so I'll just walk it np. I'm really looking forward to this - kidna forgotton exactly what mm's I've agreed to though so remind me people! I won't back out of any as they're for so little what with me being poor and all, and I'll take ones on the day if anyone else wants one. With a 16 man bracket its deffo gonna be tough for anyone other than the top seeds to get through but hopefully this'll make for a really good competitive tourney + final bracket. I just hope I get through my pool lol :p

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Duncan/Calum I just checked where the Greyhound stop is and is it very very close to the venue (much closer than I thought) so I'll just walk it np. I'm really looking forward to this - kidna forgotton exactly what mm's I've agreed to though so remind me people! I won't back out of any as they're for so little what with me being poor and all, and I'll take ones on the day if anyone else wants one. With a 16 man bracket its deffo gonna be tough for anyone other than the top seeds to get through but hopefully this'll make for a really good competitive tourney + final bracket. I just hope I get through my pool lol :p
Yes Ed!!! Thats definately the point. Although 16 is a spot for each seed that doesn't mean all of the seeds will def go through. Considering what the attendance could have been, this isn't so bad. It could have been a lot harder to get past the seeds

Tamoo

Smash Master
Expecting doubles to only take an hour are we? lol

Also, does St. Denys have ticket barriers? On the off chance that my train does stop there, I'll get off there instead

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Nah there are no barriers, and there's no chance of anyone asking for tickets between central and st deny's. It's a good stop! lol

Also, Edwin must either be on a coach or have flaked by now - anyone know which he's done?!?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
blehh ok see how I feel on the day.
That seems like a big massive no lol.

Nah there are no barriers, and there's no chance of anyone asking for tickets between central and st deny's. It's a good stop! lol

Also, Edwin must either be on a coach or have flaked by now - anyone know which he's done?!?
This what the ticket says and do we get off at
Southampton, University - 00:15
Southampton, City Centre - 00:20
or Southampton - 00:25

OMG BIG MASSIVE NEWS.......EDWIN DID NOT FLAKE!!!!!

The funny thing was Chrisboi told me he was planning on flaking (lol) and was gonna ring Charles to say he couldn't come but then he just decided to come and is on the coach now.

j3ly

Smash Champion
So... Does anyone know if yeniths got the earlier train? I guess he'll ring one of us if he needs picking up.

Unrelated, anyone want a guitar hero MM?!? Bo3/5? Any GH1,2or3 songs!
FCP remix, 3 - shotgun GH 2 guitar, player 2, hard mode

£2

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Wait is st Denys? I'll be arriving at Southampton central in like 40 mins...I'll give sum1 a ring

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
hard mode? What kind of wuss are you? Expert or nothing :p

And OMG EDWIN! This is crazy, I'll finally get to meet him.

Edit: St Deny's is a station - if you can, get off there, it's much closer to my house. If not, don't worry about it, someone'll be there at central. (probly Calum)

Get off at the uni stop, I'm pretty sure that's closer, though I'm sure exactly where it is.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
He still has no excuse to flake cause there's 1 late coach ticket left anyway

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know how we'll decide the first song, we'll work on that I guess... Gotta be done though :p

I thought the last ticket on the late coach went to j3ly anyway?

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any idea of where people are sleeping or are we just improvising?

And a reminder for everybody who agreed to take a set-up to actually bring it.

6 hours to go before me and hugo arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom