• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I always used tap jump on. I've played that way since the original SSB, and I'm not about to change now. (It makes U-tilting a pain sometimes though...)

bigman40

Smash Master
Kaylo, the higher the Dazzle costs normally means that it's a better version than the other. If you're thinking about getting one, then you can get anyone of them except for the white one (it saves the vids in a different format). Afterwards, it's pretty simple from there, but if you need help, then you can just let me know :) <3

:026:

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I always turn tap jump off. Also, is there any way to QAC easier without having to resort to bsticking? I use cstick for my aerials but Im having trouble mastering QAC as u can all see from my vids lol.
I just use tap jump off normal control, and I QAC fine enough.

Honestly, aside from a few specific things (as the foxes have pointed out) controls, for the most part, are about what's easiest for YOU. Personally, I have a HELL of a time being gentle with my control stick - I don't know why, but I just have serious problems with tilts. So for me, having tap jump off makes doing uptilt and shorthops much easier and (in my opinion) actually doable.

I've had many people before tell me to "l2tilt noob!", but I kid you not, It's like some physical disability - I just CANNOT tilt that control stick.

Meow.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
:/ I guess some ppl have different disabilities I cant press 2 directions quickly and jump lol. QAC >_>. Its getting annoying. Oh, and I hate the timing change for the QAC because of hitlag omg.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo, the higher the Dazzle costs normally means that it's a better version than the other. If you're thinking about getting one, then you can get anyone of them except for the white one (it saves the vids in a different format). Afterwards, it's pretty simple from there, but if you need help, then you can just let me know :) <3

Thanks, Bigman! <3

Which major stores usually have them in stock? (A.k.a., can I head over to the electronics section of the Walmart 5 min from my house, or do I have to go all the way to Circuit City or something? ><)

bigman40

Smash Master
Thanks, Bigman! <3

Which major stores usually have them in stock? (A.k.a., can I head over to the electronics section of the Walmart 5 min from my house, or do I have to go all the way to Circuit City or something? ><)
(hmm) Walmart might have them, but I wouldn't be too confident with them. Either Best Buy, Circuit City, or any other known electronic store will have them. Or you can buy them from online. Some stores that I know might give a lower price for it than the store prices (and you possibly get a better warranty too). Either way, I'd put my money on Circuit City for having it. <3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Zomggg, the Winner Take All episode of Teen Titans is on CN right now. This used to be my show back in those high school daiz.

*is ancient*

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
L jump. =X
I still set Z to jump when I play certain characters. If I had a choice, I think I'd put Z to jump and Y to grab for everything if I started fresh. It actually opens more options that way, and practical too. Though it's inconvinient to set and not all that important.

You absolutely NEEEED control stick tap jumping for top level melee though. So much more control for so many more possibilities that way, and the game is loaded with tech skill that's unavoidable to be the best with.

It makes U-tilting a pain
Play more!!!

Teen Titans
EC CANADA CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I use x and the stick to jump am I considered a freak?
Norm :D

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Oi oi! I'll have to talk to my GF, see if she wants to go. I'd just show up for the friendlies as well - it'll be good practice at any rate.

Thanks for the inform. I'll let ya know what I'm doing after I talk to her. A little short notice, but I think we might be able to make it.

Do you know if there's any sort of brawl club that meets weekly in the portland area? If so, I'd really love to go... And if not... Do you think we could get enough interest to start something like that?

Meow.
Ack! Sorry for the late response, I've been a bit busy today. XD

I hope you can make it! Doors open a little bit earlier than I thought they would, 10:30. It'd be great to see you and your GF there. As to the regular brawl meetings, idk about any, but if there was interest I'd be wiling to try and set something up. I'd be all for it, and it wouldn't be too much trouble to get a room in Smith. I'll talk with Clu7ch tomorrow (or today XD) and see what I can find out.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Why am I procrastinating so hard? I just need one more "+", and I'm sitting around, just staring at my controller. Gotta focus.

What's a good price to pay for a good digital camera?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The Pikachu boards and chat are cool. Too bad I don't fit in. :urg: ICs boards need to step it up.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There's a lot of lurkers, but very few posters.

<3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Bunny's more like the cousin you have inappropriate feelings for.

Man. I was REALLY unsure whether or not to post that. lmao I'm gunna get slapped.
This. That was actually pretty funny, lol.

I also visit every two months or so like a cousin you rarely see. :]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Thanks, Bigman! <3

Telling you i ordered mine online from the site. Best Buy didn't have any ;( but they are supposed to sell some for around 50 bucks for some verizon.

I bought the plus version which was 90 bucks though xD..

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Why am I procrastinating so hard? I just need one more "+", and I'm sitting around, just staring at my controller. Gotta focus.
Get your last plus, lazy!

Hmm

I've decided that Pikachu boards take #2 on best board on SWF.

next to Marth of course ^_^
I'll take a tie, thank you. :mad: I'll give you that you guys have more activity...... but we have better people. =O

Yeah, I said it.

bunny will always be the momma of the pikas <3

*hides from kaylo*
*blows up the C4 she hid in his hiding spot*

No.

Bunny's more like the cousin you have inappropriate feelings for.

Man. I was REALLY unsure whether or not to post that. lmao I'm gunna get slapped.
LOL. Terios, I keep telling you you're a perv. I'm gonna start saving these comments for proof later.....

Also, #slap ! ;)

Why dont you fit in? Half of pikachat is usually non pika mains.

And dont worry TUSM I still havent posted my info for about 6 months.
Even if you magically started testing again, I'm sure you've lost your +'s by now..... we've purged the list like.... 2 or 3 times since you started, lol.

@Ussi: Thanks for the info. I don't wanna wait for it to get shipped, thoooo! ><

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"I'll take a tie, thank you. I'll give you that you guys have more activity...... but we have better people. =O

Yeah, I said it."

Sorry, our threads are far better :D

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
peach mains, man, all girls or gay/bi i swear. pikas on the other hand are girls/kids who love pokemon/awesome people like us ;D

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I believe that GnW is also very popular with the ladies. Once you go black you never go back right?.
Must be the learning curve.
peach mains, man, all girls or gay/bi i swear. pikas on the other hand are girls/kids who love pokemon/awesome people like us ;D
The Pika mains I have met IRL are awesome. Miker and Chava are hella chill and Z and Haku are really nice.

BTW y'all need to preregister for Genesis if you haven't.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211143
http://www.norcalsmash.com/register/
EDIT: It's "mandatory"

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
peach mains, man, all girls or gay/bi i swear.
Yeah. That sort of goes for Zelda, too, except that nobody really plays her. x.x

I believe that GnW is also very popular with the ladies.
Must be the learning curve.
What does the learning curve have to do with it? If you're implying that girls go for characters that are easy to pick up, you're so wrong.

(If you were joking, uh, lol I guess? @.@)

pikas on the other hand are girls/kids who love pokemon/awesome people like us ;D
The Pika mains I have met IRL are awesome. Miker and Chava are hella chill and Z and Haku are really nice.
Yeah, I gotta say, Pika mains are always really great people as far as I've seen. Not saying other characters don't have awesome people playing them, but I can honestly say that I've never really disliked a Pika player before.

Plus our character board is one of the friendliest...... some of the others are noob eaters and kind of nasty sometimes.

@~auto: Thanks for the Genesis reminder. I would have missed that.

Also, staying in tonight because my stomach is killing me..... somebody make it feel better. ;-;

Top Bottom