• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
no i didnt mean it literally lol. we have to fly theres like no other way

raptor, if u wanna stay in our hotel room, thatd be cool. with kaylo's approval though since she knows u - being a pika main and all. the more ppl who sleep there the better so we can split the room cost
Oh. :( I dunno why I got the impression this was a road trip..........

Stealth is not allowed. :mad:

Jkjk, I dun care. You guys gotta make sure he doesn't **** me in my sleep, though.......

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
no i didnt mean it literally lol. we have to fly theres like no other way

raptor, if u wanna stay in our hotel room, thatd be cool. with kaylo's approval though since she knows u - being a pika main and all. the more ppl who sleep there the better so we can split the room cost
What are you trying to do, pull another APEX? That room was horribly cramped, I was stuck with a stiff a** chair, it got cold out of nowhere, and I didn't have a cover.

Anyway, I'm really just bringing up the cramped-ness. 10 people to a room isn't the greatest idea ever. Yes it's cheap, but it comes at the cost of comfort, mobility, sleep, and being rested for the next day.

tl;dr version: It's not that long, read it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
What are you trying to do, pull another APEX? That room was horribly cramped, I was stuck with a stiff a** chair, it got cold out of nowhere, and I didn't have a cover.

Anyway, I'm really just bringing up the cramped-ness. 10 people to a room isn't the greatest idea ever. Yes it's cheap, but it comes at the cost of comfort, mobility, sleep, and being rested for the next day.

tl;dr version: It's not that long, read it.
best use of tldr ever.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*de-lurks*
Fellow pikachus I have a stupid question! I've been wondering and bulding up courage to ask...why are there no pikachu pros who use Redhat Pikachu?! It's either gangsta' chu or goggle chu. No love for plain old squirrelrat either. Why is this?

I realize it's a stupid question, I'm very sorry :blush:

gallax

Smash Hero
i prefer gogglechu but i have recently gotten textures on my wii and have gone over to using kilachu and the dark/blue pika. still dont know which one i like more.

---ive started using tap jump again.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Tap jump a.k.a. ***** jump. Off is for winners.

Also, goggleschu is the best chu. There's no debating about this. Anybody who argues against goggleschu/pilotchu/Narutochu will be infracted for inappropriate content. :mad:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Thanks guys, I am now informed!
Whenever/ifever I become awesome I'm going to main Plain rat!.......I do miss the party hat however.....

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Tap jump a.k.a. ***** jump. Off is for winners.

Also, goggleschu is the best chu. There's no debating about this. Anybody who argues against goggleschu/pilotchu/Narutochu will be infracted for inappropriate content. :mad:
Bandana-chu is by far the best. 'nuff said. Mostly cuz I actually wear a bandanna, so, I'm a little emotionally vested in the subject XD

Mew.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Tap jump is for pros.
i prefer gogglechu but i have recently gotten textures on my wii and have gone over to using kilachu and the dark/blue pika. still dont know which one i like more.
I have a red trucker hat so that's my Pikachu. I had a custom texture before my wii went crazy and deleted my files. 619chu was Truckerchu w/ an SD hat (which I also have.) I also had Pichu and Richie's Pikachu as textures.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Tijuana and/or SD (any part of the west coast really) > EC
The only thing WC has on EC is EC has a lack of Wario MU knowledge.

Yeah...

That's about it :3

/trash talk

*de-lurks*
Fellow pikachus I have a stupid question! I've been wondering and bulding up courage to ask...why are there no pikachu pros who use Redhat Pikachu?! It's either gangsta' chu or goggle chu. No love for plain old squirrelrat either. Why is this?

I realize it's a stupid question, I'm very sorry :blush:
Hat chu is the best chu.

I'm the best hat chu.

And naked chu needs to step up his apparel game.

/MORE TRASH TALK

And why is Chibo in here :c

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Off is for winners.
Then why do all of the best players leave it?

Tap jump is for pros.
This.

And naked chu needs to step up his apparel game.
My chu lost its hat at tourneyplay 2 earlier this month when I MISSED MY MATCHES CAUSE THEY CAN'T PRONOUNCE DIE-NUH-MI-ZUM. Before that it was green...I used green everything until that tourney lol

**** your couches

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Tap jump a.k.a. ***** jump.
Then why do all of the best players leave it?
Because you're all *****es? :)

(I never said it was for winners at Brawl. Durr durr.)

@Kitt: No johns, you better go and rep Pika!

EDIT: Also, I should add that on a serious note, tap jump really isn't necessary to be pro at Pika. Only a handful of characters get any real use out of it, so anyone who says "tap jump is for pros" as a blanket statement is seriously misinformed.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm not even sure what G.O.2 is O.O I'm assuming a tourny? the only thing that really stops me from ever going to a tourny is money >.< Stupid depression...

Mew.

Yeah, its a tourney happening this Saturday on the PSU campus in the Smith Building. Setup and friendlies start around 11:00am. There's no fee to get in unless you are going to participate in one of the events, and JackbN1mble and I are just going for teams and friendlies. :) Stop by if you can. It'd be nice to play a pika player. I only got a few friendlies in with Cake up at Tourney-Play and I felt a little deprived. :ohwell:

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, its a tourney happening this Saturday on the PSU campus in the Smith Building. Setup and friendlies start around 11:00am. There's no fee to get in unless you are going to participate in one of the events, and JackbN1mble and I are just going for teams and friendlies. :) Stop by if you can. It'd be nice to play a pika player. I only got a few friendlies in with Cake up at Tourney-Play and I felt a little deprived. :ohwell:
Oi oi! I'll have to talk to my GF, see if she wants to go. I'd just show up for the friendlies as well - it'll be good practice at any rate.

Thanks for the inform. I'll let ya know what I'm doing after I talk to her. A little short notice, but I think we might be able to make it.

Do you know if there's any sort of brawl club that meets weekly in the portland area? If so, I'd really love to go... And if not... Do you think we could get enough interest to start something like that?

Meow.

Edit:

EDIT: Also, I should add that on a serious note, tap jump really isn't necessary to be pro at Pika. Only a handful of characters get any real use out of it, so anyone who says "tap jump is for pros" as a blanket statement is seriously misinformed.
I can't fathom why anyone would even want it on for playing pikachu. I can't think of anything it makes easier. The only thing remotely close would be QAC, but, honestly, that's just as easy to do with tap jump off once you get used to the timing. Having tap jump off even making doing uptilt a ton easier, and that's one of pikachus better moves.

Tap jump baffles me =S

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Because you're all *****es? :)

(I never said it was for winners at Brawl. Durr durr.)

@Kitt: No johns, you better go and rep Pika!

What do you mean you never said it was for winners in Brawl? I don't get it hahaha

Tap jump isn't that important to be 'pro' with any character. That just comes down to being smart. For the most part, if you play 64 or melee at a 'pro-am' level, then it's natural with it on. Some 'pros' that play ONLY Brawl actually use tap jump for EVERYTHING. No X/Y ever, because the control stick is efficient for all purposes in Brawl and they can get away with that, but hence they're bad at the other games lol

Tap Jump is baffling? gg no re melee/64

Not being able to utilt with tap jump on is just lack of tech skill lol
I also use it mainly for SHing autocancelled Dairs and Fairs. It's easy cause the c stick will autoSH if you attack while jumping lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Setting L to jump has been plenty good enough for me. SH dairs and aerials out of QAC are so easy with it, and both are more than doable with just X/Y anyway. The only thing I'm really "missing" from my game is frame-perfect up b OOS, which I don't need for Pikachu or lolZelda.

On a different topic: I want to buy a dazzle soon. Apparently there're different colors that = different versions? :confused:

I'm stupid with technology. Tell me which one to geeeeet~

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Eh, I've messed with my controls so much. Originally, I played with tap jump off, but since December of last year, I have played with it on. Personally, I feel that that tap jump lets me control Pika better, but that is just an opinion. I don't think that controls determine how good a person can get at this game.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
lol if that was the case bad news bear, I wouldn't have certain buttons as my jump so i can perform my out of shield options or jump canceled attacks with fox more easily. :3

Btw...I hope I'm not tresspassing..

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Setting L to jump has been plenty good enough for me. SH dairs and aerials out of QAC are so easy with it, and both are more than doable with just X/Y anyway. The only thing I'm really "missing" from my game is frame-perfect up b OOS, which I don't need for Pikachu or lolZelda.

On a different topic: I want to buy a dazzle soon. Apparently there're different colors that = different versions? :confused:

I'm stupid with technology. Tell me which one to geeeeet~
You are so weird. Tap Jump, a.k.a. "Champ" Jump is for pros. /opinion

And WTF is a dazzle?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You are so weird. Tap Jump, a.k.a. "Champ" Jump is for pros. /opinion

And WTF is a dazzle?
Don't be mad 'cause you couldn't use my L jump. =X

Dazzle is a device for recording vids. So basically, we won't have to live with Evan's ghetto-*** camera recordings anymore.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
lol if that was the case bad news bear, I wouldn't have certain buttons as my jump so i can perform my out of shield options or jump canceled attacks with fox more easily. :3

Btw...I hope I'm not tresspassing..
Lol, Hi Zeton. :)

I remember playing Fox dittos with you at my house. We were comparing our weird control schemes. lolol

Also, you controller is so weird. loloololol

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about jumping at all? You don't need to jump to win in this game. :laugh: Oh wait...I love aerials...uhh idk.

I tried Tap Jump off before and I failed so bad. So I guess I am a ***** according to Kaylo. :lick:

On the other hand, I will probably lose a match if X is set to Jump instead of Grab cause I just push X getting ready to grab and Pikachu jumps and I'm like oh s---!

Moral of the story, force me to play Brawl with Tap Jump Off and X as Jump and you'll have an advantage over me.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I always turn tap jump off. Also, is there any way to QAC easier without having to resort to bsticking? I use cstick for my aerials but Im having trouble mastering QAC as u can all see from my vids lol.

Top Bottom