• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I should try out project M. And even if it does suck atm, it's still a demo.

You have the power to give out what's wrong and what should be fixed.

Just Saiyan.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm sorry vinyl but i'd much rather play the OFFICIAL NINTENDO GAME and then continue to complain about how bad my character is/how OP MK is all the time on smashboards.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
People who don't play a character shouldn't consider talking crap about the character UNLESS they had a plenty amount of experience with that specific character. This ain't some thing where you mostly know what's you're talking about just because you looked at the character. That is dumb.

Also, just like the time they considered MK banned is just dumber. Honestly, I did expect the majority wanting MK banned as the minority should consider him not banned. Sincerely, please go click the link on m2k's sig for more info on where I'm getting at, please.

If people where to put more work into the game instead of CRYING ABOUT IT AND GIVING EXCUSES OR WHATEVER, there wouldn't be such a problem, now wouldn't it?

That's another of my two cents.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
If people where to put more work into the game instead of CRYING ABOUT IT AND GIVING EXCUSES OR WHATEVER, there wouldn't be such a problem, now wouldn't it?
Well, from a competitive standpoint, both Melee and Brawl could use some improvements. That's where P:M comes in. The people who love Brawl and Brawl's pace, well, that's what it's there for. The people who love the original Melee, well, that's why it's there too. P:M is just there to take the best of both and improve it to make a more competitive focused game and breathe life into Smash for the people who didn't enjoy what was lacking in Melee and Brawl.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i didn't want to be the first one to say it but TG's post hurt to read.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Shut up, omg.

:phone:
It won't happen... ; ;

Taco, what the hell are you talking about?
It's obvious, he went from us talking about how dumb P:M is to a completely different topic for almost no reason.
Well, if I had to guess for a reason, +1.

Also Taco, that's dumb logic. People can't say which character is crap unless they've played them?
That's like me saying I can't say what books are **** cause I don't write them.
If I've spent enough time reading 6000 other books, I'm sure I can tell the difference between decent and complete utter ****.

They also didn't consider, they did ban him.

Ah **** it, I forgot it's Taco I'm typing this too. I'd be getting into an argument about MK with someone who'd be stating either no points at all, or completely derail it onto something else that's not related to the previous topic at all. I have enough dumb infractions as is.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
While melee may be a more fast paced, technical, and overall more competitive game (from a design standpoint), at least brawl has more than just 7 somewhat viable characters, and even that is stretching it lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, from a competitive standpoint, both Melee and Brawl could use some improvements. That's where P:M comes in. The people who love Brawl and Brawl's pace, well, that's what it's there for. The people who love the original Melee, well, that's why it's there too. P:M is just there to take the best of both and improve it to make a more competitive focused game and breathe life into Smash for the people who didn't enjoy what was lacking in Melee and Brawl.
That sounds good enough to enjoy the game. I have yet to know why espy and others hate it.

Also Taco, that's dumb logic. People can't say which character is crap unless they've played them?
That's like me saying I can't say what books are **** cause I don't write them.
If I've spent enough time reading 6000 other books, I'm sure I can tell the difference between decent and complete utter ****.
The characters aren't books. If any of you would see players like esam and vinnie that use some sort of characters like pikachu or game and watch, then they would mostly know how which MU would be in their favor or not.

People don't get this at all, and this is why we're going in circles in the MU and tier thread sometimes.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just don't respond and say it's another +1 as you always say.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Are you serious? You don't get the concept of a metaphor do you? Also you're using broad explanations. "Characters are not books because if you see players that play characters, then they will know the match up." Well that doesn't stop other players from watching that exact same match and providing input in it. In the same metaphor, say the recorded match is the book and the two players are the writers, and those analyzing this "book" are the readers. They still have a say as long they can provide back-up evidence proof from what book specifically provides.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
K, Ive never played Ivan Ooze in my life but I know for a fact he's the definition of broken and would JV 12 stock MK in Smash 64.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, I agree with that, the point is, players who play a character still has a more legit reason than others about the MU.

That is what I'm saying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While melee may be a more fast paced, technical, and overall more competitive game (from a design standpoint), at least brawl has more than just 7 somewhat viable characters, and even that is stretching it lol.
both games are terribly balanced

John2k4

The End of an Era
I just pop in here quickly, and instantly got confused by that top sentence.
Psst...what's it mean?
(@Vinyl)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Every time is a hard time for me.

Let me rephrase what I said, If a player has more experience with one character, then they will know more about the MU of that character's advantages and disaadvantages.

And if the people with less experience of the same character, mostly people who didn't play, would correct it. It would probably be a bad lead.

As to my metaphor, the player resembles a reader and the character resembles a book.
The reader reads the book, and he knows a ton of stuff about the book.
The other reader looks at cover and skims through some of the pages.
So who would know more? The first reader or the other?

The answer is obvious.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lmao Umbra.

Tokyo, is English not your first language? I'm not asking that to be mean/insult you, but it's reaaaally hard to understand what you're saying sometimes. x.x Like.... your sentences just don't make grammatical sense.

Overall tho guys, I think we've finally got someone worse than Serin. Congratulations us.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Tokyo, is English not your first language? I'm not asking that to be mean/insult you, but it's reaaaally hard to understand what you're saying sometimes. x.x Like.... your sentences just don't make grammatical sense.

English is my first language. But really, I do try to make sense here as much as possible.
But the thing is, I have hard time trying to do just that whenever I'm in a dispute.

Hence why I'm always silent outside the Internet.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
English is my first language. But really, I do try to make sense here as much as possible.
But the thing is, I have hard time trying to do just that whenever I'm in a dispute.

How you talk in real life and online affect each other.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo trying to sugarcoat it.
Good job at doing it, cause none of us are capable of being nice.
I'm a changed woman. Now I try to give people the benefit of the doubt before ***** mode activates. =X

I see. Well, I'd suggest adopting the same less-is-more philosophy online too (at least until you learn to express yourself better -- baby steps!), but my guess is that you don't give a **** what people think here, so, meh.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, I dont really mind vinyl. Nothing was as bad as Serin.

Also what are peoples thoughts on guys cosplaying at anime conventions? Never really been that into it but a friend is kinda pushing me since theyre going to as well...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I wouldn't say it's juuust when you're in a dispute.
Is it when I say something biased?

I see. Well, I'd suggest adopting the same less-is-more philosophy online too (at least until you learn to expression yourself better -- baby steps!), but my guess is that you don't give a **** what people think here, so, meh.

I do, actually. I don't throw away advice, just like the insults I get, which kind of hurts me every time.

Top Bottom