• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
its funny that most pplm are hating on training, i.e. tech skill sturffs. I actually really enjoy doing it for some reason, maybe its because the textures and songs i have that make it bearable.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The OG sountrack for Brawl is great imo. But customizing music is definitely fun at times.

Practicing techs is also boring since you only focus on that when you do. Like, I'd prefer to play actual matches and attempt to go in for the QAC lock or cgs or whatever you need to prcatice (which is nothing for me as of late).

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
ah, i can see that auto. idk like, i find that first at least with pika you gotta have the muscle memory to do something before you do it in a match. i never used to scar or qal but after i got it down to muscle memory i try it alllllllllll the time now and its amazing how much the tech practice helped.

also custom music on nightime battelfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDiVxIwToyU

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Man **** you auto you ****ing **** ************** ***** **** *****.

In other news, I didn't read when you guys were actually talking about Brawl stuff. Yaaaay

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
ah, i can see that auto. idk like, i find that first at least with pika you gotta have the muscle memory to do something before you do it in a match.
Yeah, there's definitely gains you can make from dry practice; muscle memory is a good example. But in a real match one doesn't walk up to whatever character we can do something broken to and do broken **** to them. I guess I just like playing actual matches over repeating the same motion for whatever amount of time, lolz.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Never mind. I've been lied to. Staying Austin tonight. I'll be staying in SA (I think) Wednesday night next week though. Tell Aaamigo i'm sorry :(

PZ

Smash Lord
O snap I won a UMVC3 online match(who gives a fudge right?) today vs 3 characters with full life as a ammy with pixel health...I could've died by blocking deadpool's taunt lol.
I am sad people don't know ammy's M can be a low attack lol
Besides that I completely suck at this game<3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've been really wondering where RFR's doing right now. Maybe making something tasty like he always does.

Like, a sandwich with cheese, ham, and mayo, but with soda crackers intead of bread.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
This person is very into rage comics and /r/aww so I doubt it's our Red.

And yes; I skimmed through this person's post history and submissions because I have nothing better to do at this time.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
you could be hanging with me auto u a-hole.

all the ppl here in cali. tag, auto, doll, fly amanita. i need to meet you guys. make us whole again

Cassio

Smash Master
P:M is a good game, but its also completely different. Brawl was always about exerting the smash series impromptu and mental aspects, so I understand why some people dont prefer it. It can get exhausting and isnt as flashy as many others. But those initial qualities are also why it's my favorite in the series, I cant think of another fighting game (and very few competitive video games in general) that require you to think as much as this game does.

PZ

Smash Lord
P:M is a good game, but its also completely different. Brawl was always about exerting the smash series impromptu and mental aspects, so I understand why some people dont prefer it. It can get exhausting and isnt as flashy as many others. But those initial qualities are also why it's my favorite in the series, I cant think of another fighting game (and very few competitive video games in general) that require you to think as much as this game does.
MY experience in other fighters:get hit and lose
My experience in the smash series: Even if hit I still haven't lost yet (DI stuff,etc)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Brawl definitely is slower, I can say that, and through that it allows you to think more during matches, but P:M's speed doesn't really make you think less, just faster. As such it probably requires more practice than Brawl since you don't have as much time to think while fighting. Also like you said they are different games, and they have changed some moves, so you would have to relearn your character, but if you prefer fast gameplay then it is very much a game you should try. :p Pikachu even has a tailspike from Melee and his bair kick from 64.

MY experience in other fighters:get hit and lose
My experience in the smash series: Even if hit I still haven't lost yet (DI stuff,etc)
Yeah, DI is epic in smash games. It's in P:M too

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
To each their own. :/ But if you prefer faster gameplay and haven't tried it out yet, you don't know what you're missing. :)

Also, Brawl is fine, I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, same with Melee. It's just that P:M is like the lovechild of Brawl and Melee with more amazing things added. It's actually kind of made the Melee scene here die, everyone who used to play Melee tried P:M and now no one plays Melee anymore, lol.

Top Bottom