• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm not stating that all my points were "my opinion" I just thought they were what most of us as a group have made as the ultimate decision.

Falco is definitely -2.

I'm not going to give a huge argument on why I believe Marth is -2 yet because I still don't believe I have truly discovered the matchup to it's full potential yet.

Wario in my opinion is +2, Yoshi is definitely in our favor (just people keep on losing to him for reasons I honestly do not know), Samus is even.

Samus can camp us from afar with all of her projectiles, can throw us out of our dair if she predicts it with her up b (drill), she can knock us out of our float with her zair if she knows how to use it correctly, and has two fairly good kills moves on us (utilt and dtilt).

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Ill, I'm pretty sure Samus is in Peach's favor. If Peach is afraid of Samus OoS up+B'ing Peach's dair, then you can move away at any point to avoid it. Peach has projectiles, too. Peach's up air can juggle samus pretty well (get samus above you and avoid the dair). If Peach gets a solid lead, then you honestly don't have to do much to get the win besides don't approach. Samus is pretty bad at approaching, and her projectiles are easy to dodge from far away. Also, samus sucks at killing, so yeah... Avoid the dtilt at like 160+, dair off the stage, fsmash/utilt at like 140+ idk, and maybe bair? They're all pretty easy to see if you're paying attention

The only thing I hate is Samus's dair. I can never seem to last more than 10 seconds when I'm playing my bro's samus without getting spiked D:

I agree with MK and Snake not being -2, but I don't believe they're bad enough to be -3. If anything, they'd be like 2.4, so round it off to -2. -4 is saying like a 100-0 matchup, and -3 is like "Oh, you use Peach? Lemme pull out my pocket mk that I never use so I can stand a decent chance of beating you." The matchups are hard, but they're definitely possible

I've honestly never understood why people have such a hard time with Falco. I guess I've always taken that matchup for granted considering I've never played an actual good Falco, but idk. I'd imagine just get a stock lead and run away (fly/air dodge/roll/run under lasers, and when you get close start comboing to get the lead).... Hmmmmmmm

I can't stand the GaW matchup, so I'd rather not give any opinions in fear of being biased

And I've always had trouble with Diddy. I never seem to get close to beating a d h d's diddy on wifi unless I go for a timeout, and I even lost to @nti's diddy O_O No opinion cuz of bias

And for Marth, I've never had too much trouble with him either. Not -2... I say -1. Turnips kinda destroy him.... But then again, I've never played a good marth

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, but imo it's a lot easier for Peach to get through Samus's missiles/zair than Samus to get through Peach's turnips. Well, I mean just approaching in general is easier for Peach.

Peach has fair, dair, dash attack, etc, etc... Samus has like... Zair approach? Dair or something? I mean, if both players are extremely campy, then it's like if Peach gets the lead, then Peach wins. If Samus gets the lead, then Samus has a gigantic advantage, but can still lose.

Idk... I feel like this would be another TL vs Peach, but this time Peach is in TL's spot and Samus is in Peach's spot.

Idk, I still think Peach wins

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I mained Samus for about a year and definitely say it is even if not slightly in Peach's favor (+0.5). Samus camps Peach. When Peach gets in she does damage to Samus. Both have trouble KOing the other, and when they do, they are at high enough % to be KO'ed by the time they come back.

I think they give Peach the advantage because she has slightly more opportunity to KO samus than vice versa. Out of shield attacks or a fair to the face. Whereas Samus is NOT KOing Peach unless Peach is on the ground or floating predictably. Or getting plasma shot in the face

But Marth is not -2 or G&W. Both slight disadvantage.

The way SK92 plays Falco it feels like a -2, but fo rmost others I would say -1.

Wario is free lol

I still don't play the Diddy matchup well enough to say we have the advantage, but that's just me.

Peach has fair, dair, dash attack, etc, etc... Samus has like... Zair approach? Dair or something? I mean, if both players are extremely campy, then it's like if Peach gets the lead, then Peach wins. If Samus gets the lead, then Samus has a gigantic advantage, but can still lose.

Idk... I feel like this would be another TL vs Peach, but this time Peach is in TL's spot and Samus is in Peach's spot.
Samus doesn't approach in this matchup. Peach has to approach, and when she does she gets zair'd

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...Samus' d-tilt? If you're getting read for that or trapped into it...you ****ed up hardcore. Samus' u-tilt, bair, and dair are going to be the main kill threats in this matchup. D-tilt is what it is against a character with Peach's attributes: a hard read at the very most.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
since we're talking about samus there was one time when samus KO'd me with a certain part of her d-smash while i was at 90% and i momentum canceled. Can an ex-samus main explain that, i'm still baffeled by how it happened.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hmm...Samus' d-tilt? If you're getting read for that or trapped into it...you ****ed up hardcore. Samus' u-tilt, bair, and dair are going to be the main kill threats in this matchup. D-tilt is what it is against a character with Peach's attributes: a hard read at the very most.

There's no reason for you to die to Samus's dair or bair at all. That's just horrible spacing and floating forever near her. She's going to zair you instead of dair and your uair and parasol can come out faster.

Dtilt is very fast and when peach tries to approach from the ground and go to work (since she's been bombarded with projectiles and zaired when coming through the air) a good samus will be patient enough to Dtilt her as she tries to float cancel aerial or slap her.

It's hard, but your going to get dtilted more often than daired. Its easier to do.

To be honest you'll die to fsmash a lot more too. Because if you're smart you're going to stay off the ground so you DON'T get dtilted. But then samus will throw out utilt or fsmash to send you home crying

since we're talking about samus there was one time when samus KO'd me with a certain part of her d-smash while i was at 90% and i momentum canceled. Can an ex-samus main explain that, i'm still baffeled by how it happened.
That doesn't make sense. Did you get hit by the second strike of dsmash and get knocked horizontally? That was terrible momentum cancelling if so

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
no i got hit vertically up and it was the first hit of d-smash, and even with terrible momentum canceling i would of lived that second situation. the dsmash wasn't with her foot it was more around her knee where i got hit by it.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Lance I don't really agree with that post you made. No reason at all to be getting hit with those moves? They aren't useless to the point where the player can be better than you and just have better reads. I don't know too much about Samus but I know she has frame traps that aren't hard to use and there is no peach that stays grounded the entire game. Simple jumps get punished too.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Lance I don't really agree with that post you made. No reason at all to be getting hit with those moves? They aren't useless to the point where the player can be better than you and just have better reads. I don't know too much about Samus but I know she has frame traps that aren't hard to use and there is no peach that stays grounded the entire game. Simple jumps get punished too.
There are no frame traps for bair or dair. I've never seen a samus dair or bair a peach for the KO ever.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The secret to being good:

be someone who is good's brother.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Actually my brother is the reason I got to where I am :O

He taught me basically everything in Melee, which transferred over to Brawl. I get constant practice with him (he's a lot better practice than wifi is, but wifi just provides more variety of playstyles). He also uses MK, which is why I don't completely fail in that matchup (I still suck at it, though). Also, he's an amazing doubles partner... Somehow he's always there to help me in doubles, and I feel like I never reciprocate that. We do have some pretty sick combos xD

And he does a lot better in tight situations than I do. I honestly wouldn't have beaten seibrik ik he (and nicole) didn't tell me what I was doing wrong before game 5 (which was fairing too much).

Also today's his birthday :D

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Actually my brother is the reason I got to where I am :O

He taught me basically everything in Melee, which transferred over to Brawl. I get constant practice with him (he's a lot better practice than wifi is, but wifi just provides more variety of playstyles). He also uses MK, which is why I don't completely fail in that matchup (I still suck at it, though). Also, he's an amazing doubles partner... Somehow he's always there to help me in doubles, and I feel like I never reciprocate that. We do have some pretty sick combos xD

And he does a lot better in tight situations than I do. I honestly wouldn't have beaten seibrik ik he (and nicole) didn't tell me what I was doing wrong before game 5 (which was fairing too much).

Also today's his birthday :D
Happy birthday to your brother whom which I don't know.

:dk2:

I might be getting some vids up soon. They're sorta old though, but I guess I can critique myself on what I've already changed, and let everyone else **** me of what I've missed and what I still do wrong.

:peach:

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok guys, if you lose to samus, you're seriously just not playing nearly gay as you should be, walk at her....powershield her super predictable Zair and slap, repeat until ragequit.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
ok guys, if you lose to samus, you're seriously just not playing nearly gay as you should be, walk at her....powershield her super predictable Zair and slap, repeat until ragequit.
The problem I had with that was playing Xyro, so you still have to mix up your approach a bit.

Even Pshielding the projectiles will get you grabbed.

Not saying approaching is impossible, either. I think I know how to do it now, but I rather test out my **** first.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
The pattern of zair is pretty easy to see. Just stay close to the ground avoiding zair and rambo through her camping. Glidetossing helps too.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Toad people....

Toading obvious Zairs and Missiles helps allot in approaching/getting samus of stage. :)
But Samus usually spams her missiles and Zairs, and Toading is really obvious to Samus players, and the lag with Toad doesn't help either.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
But Samus usually spams her missiles and Zairs, and Toading is really obvious to Samus players, and the lag with Toad doesn't help either.
That still doesn't make it an impossible option.

We should still use it, just not over use it. It's hard to NOT be in the air with Peach, but try to Pshield and approach while you do so. Mix it up with Toad at times. If you're not doing it they shouldn't anticipate it.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Toad is always a gamble against any character, especially those that can punish you hard. Id rather eat a zair than eat a potential Dair from samus.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That still doesn't make it an impossible option.

We should still use it, just not over use it. It's hard to NOT be in the air with Peach, but try to Pshield and approach while you do so. Mix it up with Toad at times. If you're not doing it they shouldn't anticipate it.
I'm just saying to not spam Toad or use him from far away to prevent more missiles to incline in Peach's way, I still think he's useful up close.

Nicole

Smash Champion
well -I- agree with wwwilliam. against samus it is totally ok to toad like twice during the match to hit her out of zair. she is always doing zair, she really has nothing to punish you very hard with, and it will annoy the player to be toaded out of zair. BUT i mean it's samus....how often are you ever going to encounter one?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Baited toad can give them a free charged shot. If it isn't charged there's still the threat of Dair which can string into other attacks. It's still an option if it's really obvious she's gonna Zair

gantrain05

Smash Master
well -I- agree with wwwilliam. against samus it is totally ok to toad like twice during the match to hit her out of zair. she is always doing zair, she really has nothing to punish you very hard with, and it will annoy the player to be toaded out of zair. BUT i mean it's samus....how often are you ever going to encounter one?
i used to play jokers samus like EVERY day, and its a legit samus. and i can say that u gotta just really watch out for alot of stupid little things. There isn't really any like one super gay thing u gotta worry about. learning to powershield and space her properly are probably the 2 most important things in the MU. watch out for the Zair or missile cancel to grab, its annoying.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
As a Samus I just zair and missile all day. if you get close, grab, dtilt, fair and ftilt or jabs handle it.

As a Peach, I rush through the camping and use ground floated nair and jabs to string combos on Samus' floaty self.

It's 50-50 :)

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Toad is really a good option, i mean, if samus throws missiles and is aiming for a Zair or any other attack, you can simply Toad the missile at a long distance, and samus will have to get out of range or simply shield all the hits, if she tries to Zair she will get hit, if she tries to attack she will get hit.... if she shields the toad she wont be able to punish... I never toad in close distance cause i can assure you, you will get punished.

Also turnips people :) and Jabs

LanceStern

Smash Lord
She'll only get hit if she's approaching. If not she will just missile then zair from a long distance.

Samuses DO like to short hop missile -> grab. But since peach is in the air so much she'll probably be zairing.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
her grab is easily avoidable, you can PS missiles to Nairs and other stuff, approaching samus is pretty complex at first, but once you are in, Samus's options are few, and theyre all avoidable.

And srsly.... Toad is awesome VS samus..

Throw her out of the stage, turnip **** their recovery, and wait for them to get back on the stage and punish their rise from the edge. lolololol

:peach: <---- thats so awesome :D

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I've never liked toad. It always feels like I predict when my opponent is going to attack and toad, but it turns out they actually don't do anything.... Then I get punished lol. I prefer to stay away from that move, but it's a pretty fun mixup, especially against a character like samus.

All I have to say about this matchup is timeout. Once you get the lead (which isn't actually THAT difficult... Float/airdodge/PS/dash attack/roll through projectiles, then proceed to do something like dair->uair->utilt, and maybe juggle a lil bit), then you never have to approach... ever.... Just focus on avoiding Samus's projectiles and zairs. Unless samus gets close to you (which makes your life a whole lot easier), the matchup is won

It gets even easier when you have a stock lead... If samus gets desperate for the kill, then I wish them good luck

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
If Peach gets the stock advantage, then Samus if forced to look for the kill. Unless Samus insists on getting Peach to like 300%, Samus will be going for kill moves (dtilt, bair, etc). From past experience, it's pretty easy to avoid Samus's kill moves when Peach has the stock lead. As long as Peach isn't trying to kill Samus (just rack up damage), then timing Samus out isn't too difficult

The hard part is getting through the projectiles at the beginning of the game. If Peach gets the lead, then just run away. It works for me /shrug

Top Bottom